[GS] 1.0.0.290 Naval Units in Tunnels (Should be Fixed)

Timothy001

Optimal Сasual Dating - Real-life Females
I have seen this talked about in several threads, but none have posted here. It seems that naval units that are adjacent to a mountain tunnel (or the Inca unique mountain pass), and have access to water on the other side, can use said tunnels. This definitely seems like a bug.

I cannot. On Skype, @CanusAlbinus posted a picture. Maybe we can ask him.

As amusing as the videos were for this one, the normal traffic through the tunnels do not appreciate it when boats come through taking up both lines. We'll get this one taken care of.

@dshirk : Dennis, this one is obviously related to the general pathfinding bug affecting tunnels. If two tunnels are built on a long mountain range, in separate extremes, any unit will enter one extreme and come out the other. Gameplay breaking.

I sure hope you don't wait an entire season to deliver a patch. GS is very good, but needs some patching.

As amusing as the videos were for this one, the normal traffic through the tunnels do not appreciate it when boats come through taking up both lines. We'll get this one taken care of.

I'd totally be ok with that one being left in as a feature. :)

As a side note, almost makes me want to play with Quick movement off just to see the tunnel animations.

Dennis, this one is obviously related to the general pathfinding bug affecting tunnels. If two tunnels are built on a long mountain range, in separate extremes, any unit will enter one extreme and come out the other. Gameplay breaking.

So that explains why this tunnel I'm using is so wonky. Now you made me want to make a super highway with this mountain range I have in my game that is like 11 tiles long.

So that explains why this tunnel I'm using is so wonky. Now you made me want to make a super highway with this mountain range I have in my game that is like 11 tiles long.

It IS a freeway, and with multiple exits. GDR does not need to jump over the mountains, it's better to use the tunnel system.

@dshirk Any reason quick movement for tunnels is just warping? I've always played with Quick movement and gotten rather used to the whole fast but still actually playing the animation movement, but then you have tunnels where things just Warp, I was surprised to see in that video that with slow movement the unit actually goes thru the mountain.

So recently i have seen interesting thing: ships can travel through mountain tunnels. I haven't checked it on bigger distances but i think it should work any way :) Hope you can use this
20190303123335_1.jpg
20190303123340_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20190303123335_1.jpg
    20190303123335_1.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 20190303123340_1.jpg
    20190303123340_1.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 248
Patch notes state that this has been fixed:
  • Don't add Mountain Tunnel entrances/exits on water tiles.
  • Don't let naval units use Tunnels.

I am not sure it is completely fixed; the part of Tunnel Superhighways is not mentioned in the notes, I asked by twitter and they have yet to answer.

Top Bottom