[1.0.0.328] error starting the game

dudesup

Chieftain
I have version 1.0.0.328 and recently bought Gathering Storm. I tried to start a YNAEMP game, but I get a crash on load screen. Attached is my lua log. Can you help?

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    50.7 KB · Views: 391
No error in the log, what happened exactly?

Did a custom game. Chose giant map. Selected desired civs, settings, etc. Start. Game goes to the load screen, Sean Bean does his thing, then I receive the following error:

"There was an error starting the game. We recommend disabling any mods and trying again. Error- one or more startup scripts has an error. See lua.log."

Looks like there is also a bug on the game side, as I confirm that there is absolutely no error in that lua.log

What options did you change on the setup screen ? So that I can at least try to reproduce the issue.

Looks like there is also a bug on the game side, as I confirm that there is absolutely no error in that lua.log

What options did you change on the setup screen ? So that I can at least try to reproduce the issue.

I had the same problem. Only used mods that were known to be compatible with the new patch. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647680669) Options I used were manual selection of city states, enforce TSL for A.I., resources, rivers placement, continents placement, natural wonders placement imported, civilization resources activated, map section full, continents model seven continents. I was able to start a game on random with only 8 civs but whenever I had more than 16 it would come up with the error message.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-22_8-40-10.png
    upload_2019-6-22_8-40-10.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 476
I'm also having the same problem... I thought it was a mod compatibility issue, but once I deactivated the other mods... I still get the same thing. I'm sending all my logs. I'm trying to play in Giant Earth, 42 civs, 18 city-states, Full Map. I selected "Import" for Rivers Placement, Continent Placement, Natural Wonders Placement, Features Placement and Resource Placement. I've selected Seven Continents and Coastal Lowland - Matching flatland. I didn't manually select city-states, or add missing strategics. Civilizations Placement is TSL, Enforce TSL is for AI only, and Civilization Resources are activated. I selected use leaders TSL when avaliable, and didn't allow alternate TSLs or random placement if there is no TSL. I selected Close Bosphorus Strait, and all the other terrain and feature modifications for wonder placement, and turned real city naming off. Selected no scenario. No turn limit, No duplicate civs or leaders. Allowed team shared visibility. I made only a small modifications in the tsl coordinates of Sparta and Rapa Nui in the base archive of the mod, adjusting them to the realistic locations. Hope you can help me.

Attachments

• Database.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Lua.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Modding.rar
    32.3 KB · Views: 212
I've multiple reports now that points to the "Enforce TSL" option, it's now in my "to fix" list, thanks for the details and logs.

Ok, I tried to launch the game with TSL enforcement off, and allowing alternate spawns and random placement if there is none. This time the game launched with success. The bugged part seems to be not allowing replacement spawns for civs and city-states that have no space to spawn, since when I only changed TSL enforcement, the game still wouldn't launch. This is strange, because before the update, whenever that happened, the game would just go on without the civs and city-states that didn't have space to spawn. Thanks anyways, for the great work you've been doing. This is absolutely one of my favorite mods.

Another problem emerged. City-state selection works fine on single player, but for some reason doesn't seem to work at all in multiplayer. Is there any way at all to manually remove specific city-states from being able to spawn in the map? Some line of the mod i could erase, perhaps...

I may need to override another of the game file for MP setup (please make a new thread if more answer are needed)

This is strange, because before the update, whenever that happened, the game would just go on without the civs and city-states that didn't have space to spawn.
Spot on, they've changed the game's behavior, now it crashes to main menu when a civ doesn't have a starting position, but it doesn't output anything in the logs...

Should be fixed for next release.

Spot on, they've changed the game's behavior, now it crashes to main menu when a civ doesn't have a starting position, but it doesn't output anything in the logs...

Should be fixed for next release.
Your next release or Firaxis ?

Mine, I've changed the way YnAMP handle civs that shouldn't be on the map by giving them a start position anyway during the map creation (which prevent the game to fail to load) but then removing all their units when the game has finished loading.

There is a side effect: the removed civs may give names to geographic features around their start position when using Gathering Storm.

Let me know if the last version hasn't fixed this, with new logs please.

Top Bottom