[1.0.0.56] Agoge not speeding up Spearman build

Kid-Simple

Chieftain
If i use the "Agoge" policy, it takes just as long to build a Spearman as it does without the policy in effect. Archers and Warriors both build faster however. It seems like a bug that it does not help to build the Spearman faster, since it is a melee unit.

If it matters, i am playing as Trajan and am still in the ancient era. My city produces 9.4 hammers and when running Agoge it takes 7 turns to build a Spearman (65 hammers), 4 turns to build an Archer (50 hammers), and 3 turns to build a Warrior (40 hammers). You can see the math shows that Agoge isn't helping the Spearman at all.

Spearmen are not melee units. They engage in melee-like combat, but they are anti-cavalry units.

They should change the description in the Civilopedia, because right now it says, "Ancient era melee unit that's effective against mounted units." Really makes it sound like a melee unit.

I see what you mean now though, "Promotion class: Anti-Cavalry". Thank you.

Build time was 8 turns then I switched civic to Agoge which should have shaved 50% off the build time. the build time did not change for spearman, but did for archer, even though both are ancient melee or ranged units.

Actually spearman is not a melee unit, as defined by the game. May be counterintuitive (since the combat they engage in is melee-like and Civilopedia casually refers to them as melee), but they are anti-cavalry class, not melee class.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Report thread

Top Bottom