1.0.1.674 Undocumented Patch Notes

How did you ally a CS? I can only buy negative influence with donating gold since the patch happend?

The AI seems smarter, it doesn't suicide units as much, this is hard to quantify though.

But with trades they will only buy 5 strategic resources at a time, they won't want more. They seem to not want open borders as much. Their willingness to trade also varies more obviously depending on the diplomatic status it seems. I think they have changed some modifiers in trade for the better. Just a feeling, but it's because I am playing Russia so I have lots of strat. res. to sell around, I noticed a difference.

AI loves pulling back its units into the fog as a lure, especially those runaway AIs who have thousands upon thousands of reserves to waste your tiny elites.

If they are evenly matched, they will indeed retreat and try come back with something else or offer you "peace"

Also, it seems AI will tailor build units according to the type of threat they can expect from your civ UU/UA

current game as America. Rushing Persia lategame with B17s, I was horribly shocked amused to find them spamming AA guns behind their infantry and artilleries.

AI loves pulling back its units into the fog as a lure, especially those runaway AIs who have thousands upon thousands of reserves to waste your tiny elites.

If they are evenly matched, they will indeed retreat and try come back with something else or offer you "peace"

Noticed this too, I was baited a few times on separate occasions into moving my units forward for the easy kill as I was used to the AI pulling retreating when they are low on units.

Nope, they had lots of units in the fog waiting.

United used as bait was something I could quickly kill, like an archer. Forgot to check if they used a promoted unit or a vanilla one.

Welcome change.

I found the AI having better responsiveness about a month ago, but the last couple days I saw AI being almost anticipatory. Yesterday, for example, playing as Harun, bordering both Washington and Askia, both having iron, I find almost simultaneous dow's of a half-dozen pikemen each (along with various other units, but few swords/LS's, mostly mounted) wandering out of the fog just before I hit camels. Previously I had 2 horsemen (intended to be upgraded), 4 iron and a handful of archers. Looked alot like they were coded to foil my UU and that was a very expensive war.

Noticed this too, I was baited a few times on separate occasions into moving my units forward for the easy kill as I was used to the AI pulling retreating when they are low on units.
Welcome change.

Second that. Had that happen a few times in the last games and wondered if that was just me ;)
So, the Dog´s learned a new trick. Good.

The long time undocumented feature of courthouse removing base unhappiness (in addition to the annexed penalty) was removed. (A captured city with a courthouse no longer has less unhappiness than a built city)

Wounded AI Barbarians seem to retreat into fog of war more often than before. If you have aggressive barbs on this can be into an area with more barbs.

A bug that was introduced in a previous patch dealing with workers that got interrupted by a nearby barbarian was fixed.
(Basically, when that happened; when you hit end turn it would focus on the worker and then the moment you gave it an order the turn counter would advance; now it gives you the opportunity to look at your other units before you hit end turn again.)

Also, it seems AI will tailor build units according to the type of threat they can expect from your civ UU/UA

current game as America. Rushing Persia lategame with B17s, I was horribly shocked amused to find them spamming AA guns behind their infantry and artilleries.

Hasn't this always been the case?

- You can no longer delete notifications in between turns, Right clicking notification does not delete it anymore.
- Notification for "X has been conquered" did not appear when I conquered Genoa.
- Settlers now take a little longer to settle cities (instead of just instantly).
- Either I had a bad start, or the construction of wonders took really longer than usual.
- I was given a pop-up of a Great Scientist being born when choosing one from Hagia Sophia.
- New Trading Posts

I haven't noticed any difference in the tactical AI. I've seen it pull back and try to counter behind a city before, which is a smart move. I've also seen them trickle in units to capture (and delete on the same turn which is total BS by the way) a worker or attack a weaker unit only to fail and get killed. They're still doing both of these things. I've also seen the AI spam counter units before the patch.

The "trying to win the game in a similar manner" modifier is gone but the AI is still pretty hostile. The biggest problem I always have is the warmonger penalty (hey, Oda and Monty should build more than two cities before they DoW me so they don't get wiped out.. not my fault), so I have to wait until Tuesday to see any diplomacy changes.

The removal of the courthouse bug and the ability to cycle through units quicker are the only undocumented things I've noticed. On the downside, I've seen more graphic errors (I just got the funny marks on leaders faces for the first time) and slower load and turn times.

The function keys are disabled between turns. Annoying, since I know get stuck watching galleys bombard CS warriors when I could F10 before.

On the other hand, the between turn time is smoother. Not sure what they did, but the game used to basically stall during AI calculations (with fps going from 60 to 2). Now it stays smooth between turns.

Sort of bug, plus improvement. After hitting end turn if it finds a unit that needs orders it no longer switches to that unit, you have to click on the button. But it went back to making you have to hit end turn again after giving the order, which allows you to move the unit better (or move another unit too).

AI dosent seems to offer all their citys for peace.

Music is now fixed, meeting of leaders during peace time no longer skips the music as it used to (FINALLY!)
However, during war time, the music ebgins to loop, so everytime you listen to a song it starts everytime a leader comes up.. However your War Theme (of your Civ) is put in the rotation (I heard Washington's War theme, which was a VERY pleasant surprise)

Music is now fixed, meeting of leaders during peace time no longer skips the music as it used to (FINALLY!)
However, during war time, the music ebgins to loop, so everytime you listen to a song it starts everytime a leader comes up.. However your War Theme (of your Civ) is put in the rotation (I heard Washington's War theme, which was a VERY pleasant surprise)

Those changes actually really excite me. The civ themes are generally really good, particularly the war themes. Having the most badass rendition of Jupiter/I Vow to Thee my Country ever imagined pop up from time on the occasions I play as England would be phenomenal. Or Ceddin Deden as Suleiman.

The titles for leaders are now fixed. No longer will you see lord catherine of russia

I thought titles depend on your policy choices. For instance my latest policy choices are the order tree and instead of being called Lord I'm called Chairman.

I thought titles depend on your policy choices. For instance my latest policy choices are the order tree and instead of being called Lord I'm called Chairman.

You're misunderstood.. women can't be refered to as "Lord".. they are refered to as "Lady".. and up until now, females were ALWAYS refered to as Lord. They finally fixed this issue, so I'm presuming this includes Lady, and Chairwoman (instead of Chairman).

Top Bottom