[1.0.12.9] Improving tile of vassal city-state does not trigger corresponding Eureka

CupOfTea

Chieftain
I found that improving a uranium mine of a vassal city-state failed to trigger Eureka on Venture Politics.

That shouldn't be the case.

This wouldn't be a bug, since you don't actually "own" the tile. You may be suzerain of the CS, but they are still the owners of the tile
The text in-game says "build an xxx mine" not "build an xxx mine on a tile that you own".

If the current implementation was truly the intention -- and honestly I think that would be inferior when compared to not having ownership check, then the bug is UI text error.

You could say that about any of the Boosts that deal with improvements (e.g. Farm a resource, Build a quarry, Build a pasture, Improve 2 sea resources, etc.). At most I think you could claim that the Boost descriptions lack specificity in regards to tile ownership, but honestly it's splitting hairs at that point and not something I'd consider a bug. Not to mention, and I don't think I'm exaggerating, most players are already aware that the trigger for these Boosts require the player have tile ownership (i.e. their territory). The verbiage & mechanic has been the same since the initial game release in 2016 so at this point it's wishful thinking that FXS would go back and alter the text.

I am indeed saying that about all of the boost and that is the point of my post. Why is that splitting hair?

most players are already aware that the trigger for these Boosts require the player have tile ownership

I think your claim of widespread awareness of the discrepancy between in-game wording and in-game mechanics is unfounded.

If your claim was true, this reddit thread should have gone differently.

I find your response disconcerting that supposedly the age of the game will be the reason small fixes will no longer be applied

What is the purpose of this forum section exactly? I am looking for an official ticket submission system for bugs.

Do you speak on behalf of the game developer & publisher?

And your assertion is that small fixes are inconsequential?

Mind you -- the most perennial and annoying bug, which is left-clicking causing units to move/re-route has not been fixed since the beginning. I

What is the purpose of this forum section exactly? I am looking for an official ticket submission system for bugs.
To report and collect bugs in this forum in a separate section where they don't get drowned. Yes, it not as close "to the company" as reporting them in 2ks forums or using their bug ticket service, but some people might not like to register there or use the ticket system. For me personally, using the 2k forums e.g. was a quite disappointing experience...there is a single collection thread for Civ6 bugs, you get zero response and I don't had the impression that what I reported over there got targetted with a greater chance than my reports here. Can't talk about the ticket system, but I had bad experiences with such systems in the past if the run over the publisher - you often didn't get far with gameplay issues that way. If I post a bug here, I have aleast the chance that other forums users share their experience and an interesting discussion emerges or I might even get pointed to mods or workarounds.

Top Bottom