[1.0.12.9] Siege Tactics & Replaceable Parts Eurekas

Piranga

Warlord
"Own 3 musketmen"

The eureka hasn't triggered after the latest patch for me. Built all three of these musketmen in the same city in about 6 turns. The eureka still isn't complete a turn later.

Not using any mods that should be affecting units in any way. Corporations and Barbarians modes enabled.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2468441856

Has anyone else experienced this?

1.0.12.9, latest patched version of the game.

Last edited:
Also in the same game the eureka for Siege Tactics, "Own 2 bombards" is not triggering and I own two of them as well.

Yes, this was discussed in the April Update Discussion thread starting here, and was acknowledged by Andrew Johnson. The boost triggers work correctly as FXS coded them, but the text was not updated. Siege Tactics now require two Trebuchets and Replaceable Parts now require three Line Infantry.

Has anybody else noticed the eureka for Siege Tactics, 'Own 2 Bombards', triggering when they build/control their second trebuchet?

To reproduce, use attached save, upgrade 2 catapults to trebuchet and get the Eureka

Moderator Action: Merged post into existing bug report thread. ~ LK

Attachments

• AutoSave_0091.Civ6Save
    614.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
@0urBall
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO LocalizedText (Language, Tag, Text) VALUES
-- Siege Tactics boost: bombards -> trebuchets
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_SIEGE_TACTICS', 'Own 2 Trebuchets.'),
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_SIEGE_TACTICS', 'After creating trebuchets you realize that castles are not impregnable – you need a stauncher defense!.'),
-- Replaceable parts: musketman -> line infantry
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_REPLACEABLE_PARTS', 'Own 3 Line Infantries.');

You need to run this sql in an UpdateText component of a mod.

@0urBall
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO LocalizedText (Language, Tag, Text) VALUES
-- Siege Tactics boost: bombards -> trebuchets
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_SIEGE_TACTICS', 'Own 2 Trebuchets.'),
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_LONGDESC_SIEGE_TACTICS', 'After creating trebuchets you realize that castles are not impregnable – you need a stauncher defense!.'),
-- Replaceable parts: musketman -> line infantry
('en_US', 'LOC_BOOST_TRIGGER_REPLACEABLE_PARTS', 'Own 3 Line Infantries.');

You need to run this sql in an UpdateText component of a mod.

Or just update the XML.

Here's something that just happened to me which I haven't ever seen before (including in other games played with this same patch level and rule set): I just finished building my third Musketman unit, and it DIDN'T trigger the research boost for Replaceable Parts.

As you can (hopefully) see in the screen shots, there are three wonderful Musketmen -- two relatively new, and one at fourth level -- but my Replaceable Parts research remains unboosted. I even went to the next turn to see if it was maybe just feeling a bit sluggish about updating, but, no, still no boost.

As bugs go, it's... not exactly a crash-to-desktop or corrupted save; but it is still sort of confusing and annoying anyway.

Amazon Photo share links in case the Twitter image URLs don't work:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/hbBXduLfSt-yfaB_XY9a0g.UogZ1Uyqpp_dxSZyY0bkOG

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/Sh1D-i7PRyO9HSPdauFM8A.qpPCahEZbLOaZEXzUWREQ6

Mac OSx 10.15.7
I have seen this bug many time since last Civ update.
producing, upgrading or buying the necessary units for the Eureka is not working

I ended up abandoning the game... but in the next one I figured out that this is given for having Trebuchets.

Top Bottom