1.23 Released!

Thanks for these. In order to continue your game, you'll first need to delete your Trebuchet in Gergovia. You're about to lose that city to a civil war and for some reason the game crashes when the Trebuchet there is converted to the rebel civilization. Still trying to figure out why so I can fix it for 1.23.1.

Secondly, by unfortunate coincidence there is also an AI Endless Tun bug (a flaw in BTS itself) on the same turn. Normally I'd just get you to hit Ctrl-C (CMD-C on OS X) to escape from it, but I accidentally broke that keybinding in 1.23. So you'll need to enter worldbuilder and delete the Anasazi Pirate at 30, 39.

Thanks so much! All of your suggestions worked!
Also, I've played a little further on and researched humanities but when I reform with a great prphet I am not able to adopt humanism as a tenant? Is this wad?

Also, I've played a little further on and researched humanities but when I reform with a great prphet I am not able to adopt humanism as a tenant? Is this wad?

Looks like I broke something there. Will have it fixed for 1.23.1.

Hi there,

in my case I've recently researched Humanities and I've been able to adopt Humanism tenant.

So maybe the error implies other things...

Xyth,

I want to ask you when a city becomes a Legendary City, is it scaled depending on Map Size?

And I'm curious about a caption that appears in all my games (or at less most of them), I don't know what generates it. It appears indistinctly near one of my cities or rival cities. And it says "+1C (saltpeter)".
You can see it in my saved game, close to the Thai city Khon Kaen.

Thanks! and sorry for my english skills

Attachments

• Domination Victory.CivBeyondSwordSave
    516.1 KB · Views: 138
This time no MPlog on mine computer too :( I am not sure why this is happening.

Attachments

• OOSLog (Player 0 Turn 249).txt
    246.9 KB · Views: 68
  • OOSLog (Player 1 Turn 249).txt
    247.1 KB · Views: 55
  • AutoSave_BC-1020.CivBeyondSwordSave
    214.9 KB · Views: 69
Hi there,

in my case I've recently researched Humanities and I've been able to adopt Humanism tenant.

So maybe the error implies other things...

It was caused by some sloppy coding on my part. Tech requirements for tenets were checked in several places, some with other factors considered, some without. I re-coded it all so that the check is made by the same routine every time for consistency.

I want to ask you when a city becomes a Legendary City, is it scaled depending on Map Size?

I'm not sure if you mean the amount of culture needed to reach Legendary or the size of your borders when you are Legendary. Either way, there's no scaling with map size.

And I'm curious about a caption that appears in all my games (or at less most of them), I don't know what generates it. It appears indistinctly near one of my cities or rival cities. And it says "+1C (saltpeter)".
You can see it in my saved game, close to the Thai city Khon Kaen.

It's a sign automatically placed when a random event increases the yield of a tile, in this case by 1 commerce. You can switch this sign placement off if you wish in the BUG Options panel, Map tab, Event Signs option.

This time no MPlog on mine computer too :( I am not sure why this is happening.

The MPLog has always been a bit flakey. The OOSLogs are very interesting though because it's the same situation as last time: the game goes out of sync just before a Settler is completed in Sparta. Similar point in the game too. Investigating.

Now this is super strange. I did uninstall of my retail civ4bts from both computers and installed steam versions, added HR mod and we were able to continue that game for like 100 more turns. Will let you know if the oos will return.

EDIT : Now we got some python exceptions File"CivilWar" in createNewCivilizationFromPlayer .... Civ has been destroyed every turn spam returning back :( Also Kilimanjaro doesnt give Nomad promotion for built hoplites

Now this is super strange. I did uninstall of my retail civ4bts from both computers and installed steam versions, added HR mod and we were able to continue that game for like 100 more turns. Will let you know if the oos will return.

Interesting. It could just be because whatever triggered the OOS didn't occur on that particular reload, but maybe it was the reinstall. Guess we'll see. If you do get an OOS error, send me your entire Logs folder. Your friend's too.

EDIT : Now we got some python exceptions File"CivilWar" in createNewCivilizationFromPlayer .... Civ has been destroyed every turn spam returning back :(

Please post a saved game from just before the Python Exceptions began.

Also Kilimanjaro doesnt give Nomad promotion for built hoplites

Melee units aren't eligible for the Nomad promotions. There was a reason for that but I don't remember what it is.

Here you go, hope you will find something useful

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0060.CivBeyondSwordSave
    383.8 KB · Views: 73
A quick update to let you know what's happening with 1.23.1. There's a number of fixes I need to test in multiplayer before I can release it, and I won't get a chance to do that till next week. Sorry about the delay.

Thanks for the update Xyth, appreciate it & love the mod.

Cheeky I know, but any chance you could release an unofficial patch early for the single players amongst us? :):)

Melee units aren't eligible for the Nomad promotions. There was a reason for that but I don't remember what it is.
If you can't think of a reason, maybe you should remove the limitation? ;)

I mean, why would it be bad to have infantry that attack and defend exceptionally well in the desert?

Cheeky I know, but any chance you could release an unofficial patch early for the single players amongst us? :):)

While waiting I've been reviewing and making improvements to cultural city art, so I'll need to finish that first anyway. Assuming no setbacks, expect 1.23.1 in a week.

If you can't think of a reason, maybe you should remove the limitation? ;)

I mean, why would it be bad to have infantry that attack and defend exceptionally well in the desert?

I've removed the limitation. If I ever remember the reason it was there (and feel it's still valid) I'll restore it.

I just started a few games in a variety of ways and in all cases anytime I would change any of the default city automations (avoid growth, for example), it would reset the next turn.

Am I going nuts? Did I change something without realizing it?

Thanks in advance!

I just started a few games in a variety of ways and in all cases anytime I would change any of the default city automations (avoid growth, for example), it would reset the next turn.

Am I going nuts? Did I change something without realizing it?

Thanks in advance!

Avoid Growth is partially automated in 1.23, but I never finished adding a system to switch this behaviour on or off. Coming in 1.23.1, next week. None of the other automation controls are affected, just Avoid Growth.

I just got a crash to desktop -- hadn't saved in a while though so I'll try to replicate it. What seemed to cause it was making contact with the Javan civilization, I think -- it happened as my galley sailed within sight of their border.

ETA: Wasn't able to replicate it, unfortunately. Here's a save from the turn right before where it had crashed the last time, in case there's any chance of it happening again. The only thing I know for sure happened the first time and not in this save was that a random event happened which gave Flanking I to all my mounted units, but I can't see how that would be relevant.

ETA 2: .... and the minute I save and post this, I go back to the game and the crash does happen again. :confused:

Attachments

• india.CivBeyondSwordSave
    525.5 KB · Views: 92
I just got a crash to desktop -- hadn't saved in a while though so I'll try to replicate it. What seemed to cause it was making contact with the Javan civilization, I think -- it happened as my galley sailed within sight of their border.

ETA: Wasn't able to replicate it, unfortunately. Here's a save from the turn right before where it had crashed the last time, in case there's any chance of it happening again. The only thing I know for sure happened the first time and not in this save was that a random event happened which gave Flanking I to all my mounted units, but I can't see how that would be relevant.

ETA 2: .... and the minute I save and post this, I go back to the game and the crash does happen again. :confused:

I can't load your saved game because you're using that 18+ civ DLL. Can you please post the crash report?

Top Bottom