1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.23 Released!

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Xyth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. snarf137

snarf137 Chieftain

Thanks so much! All of your suggestions worked!
    Also, I've played a little further on and researched humanities but when I reform with a great prphet I am not able to adopt humanism as a tenant? Is this wad?

2. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Looks like I broke something there. Will have it fixed for 1.23.1.

3. rsab

rsab Warlord

Hi there,

in my case I've recently researched Humanities and I've been able to adopt Humanism tenant.

So maybe the error implies other things...

4. rsab

rsab Warlord

Xyth,

I want to ask you when a city becomes a Legendary City, is it scaled depending on Map Size?

And I'm curious about a caption that appears in all my games (or at less most of them), I don't know what generates it. It appears indistinctly near one of my cities or rival cities. And it says "+1C (saltpeter)".
    You can see it in my saved game, close to the Thai city Khon Kaen.

Thanks! and sorry for my english skills

Attached Files:

5. Alexej

Alexej Prince

This time no MPlog on mine computer too :( I am not sure why this is happening.

Attached Files:

6. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

It was caused by some sloppy coding on my part. Tech requirements for tenets were checked in several places, some with other factors considered, some without. I re-coded it all so that the check is made by the same routine every time for consistency.

I'm not sure if you mean the amount of culture needed to reach Legendary or the size of your borders when you are Legendary. Either way, there's no scaling with map size.

It's a sign automatically placed when a random event increases the yield of a tile, in this case by 1 commerce. You can switch this sign placement off if you wish in the BUG Options panel, Map tab, Event Signs option.

The MPLog has always been a bit flakey. The OOSLogs are very interesting though because it's the same situation as last time: the game goes out of sync just before a Settler is completed in Sparta. Similar point in the game too. Investigating.

7. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Now this is super strange. I did uninstall of my retail civ4bts from both computers and installed steam versions, added HR mod and we were able to continue that game for like 100 more turns. Will let you know if the oos will return.

EDIT : Now we got some python exceptions File"CivilWar" in createNewCivilizationFromPlayer .... Civ has been destroyed every turn spam returning back :( Also Kilimanjaro doesnt give Nomad promotion for built hoplites

8. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Interesting. It could just be because whatever triggered the OOS didn't occur on that particular reload, but maybe it was the reinstall. Guess we'll see. If you do get an OOS error, send me your entire Logs folder. Your friend's too.

Please post a saved game from just before the Python Exceptions began.

Melee units aren't eligible for the Nomad promotions. There was a reason for that but I don't remember what it is.

9. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Here you go, hope you will find something useful

Attached Files:

10. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

A quick update to let you know what's happening with 1.23.1. There's a number of fixes I need to test in multiplayer before I can release it, and I won't get a chance to do that till next week. Sorry about the delay.

11. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

Thanks for the update Xyth, appreciate it & love the mod.

Cheeky I know, but any chance you could release an unofficial patch early for the single players amongst us? :):)

12. Simon_Jester

Simon_Jester Prince

If you can't think of a reason, maybe you should remove the limitation? ;)

I mean, why would it be bad to have infantry that attack and defend exceptionally well in the desert?

13. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

While waiting I've been reviewing and making improvements to cultural city art, so I'll need to finish that first anyway. Assuming no setbacks, expect 1.23.1 in a week.

I've removed the limitation. If I ever remember the reason it was there (and feel it's still valid) I'll restore it.

14. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

Ok, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly :D

15. Red Boxer

Red Boxer Prince

I just started a few games in a variety of ways and in all cases anytime I would change any of the default city automations (avoid growth, for example), it would reset the next turn.

Am I going nuts? Did I change something without realizing it?

Thanks in advance!

16. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Avoid Growth is partially automated in 1.23, but I never finished adding a system to switch this behaviour on or off. Coming in 1.23.1, next week. None of the other automation controls are affected, just Avoid Growth.

17. cel10

cel10 Chieftain

I just got a crash to desktop -- hadn't saved in a while though so I'll try to replicate it. What seemed to cause it was making contact with the Javan civilization, I think -- it happened as my galley sailed within sight of their border.

ETA: Wasn't able to replicate it, unfortunately. Here's a save from the turn right before where it had crashed the last time, in case there's any chance of it happening again. The only thing I know for sure happened the first time and not in this save was that a random event happened which gave Flanking I to all my mounted units, but I can't see how that would be relevant.

ETA 2: .... and the minute I save and post this, I go back to the game and the crash does happen again. :confused:

Attached Files:

18. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I can't load your saved game because you're using that 18+ civ DLL. Can you please post the crash report?

19. cel10

cel10 Chieftain

Here -

Attached Files:

20. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Hmm, that's not the crash report I need. It should have thread and traceback information in it.