- Aug 12, 2016
Enable recon units to defend trade routes by allowing this unit line only, pre-paratrooper, movement along owned trade route plots, regardless of plot ownership, open borders etc.
- Promotion-enabled, allowing unit to enter rival territory if owned trade route passes through it
- Promotion is free for recon line pre-paratrooper, not available to any other unit.
- Promo'd unit (ie recon) starting turn in rival territory (w/o OB) receives -4 vision malus
- Promo'd unit (ie recon) can pass through rival city along applicable trade route
- If trade route is pillaged, any units on its route (and not otherwise eligible to be where they are) are returned to vicinity of the former tr's origin city.
- Denounced civ cannot move recon along tr in denouncer's territory
- Great Wall blocks recon TR movement for all non-friends
- Give players some means of defending trade routes pre open borders, whereas this is otherwise often impossible.
- add utility to early recon line
- Create stronger thematic link between trade and exploration
- Add depth to tr destination choice
- Allow players option for limited participation in distant foreign wars blocked by rival territory
- Add defensive priority during peace time to station units on incoming foreign trade routes, to block rival recon access