1 quick question

TheLastOne36

Deity
Does the great wall prevent barbarian galleys from entering your territory?

I think it does prevent but only for coast connected to the continent that has the great wall though.

Maybe i'm completely wrong and it doesn't prevent barb galleys...

When answered, a mod can close/delete this topic.

I had a seafood pillaged in a game, where I had conquered the great wall. Seafood city and GW were on the same continent, so I´m pretty sure it doesn´t stop galleys at all. Which makes sense if you think about it.

GW only has effect on the same continent as the city the GW was built in. So not on the coast, and not on islands that happen to be in your cultural border.

As a related question, does the GW stop galleys from unloading troops near a coastal city? Or is barb damage limited to pillaging sea tiles when you own GW?

actually i've never seen barbarian galleys with troops onboard... but maybe i missed something

I've never seen a barb galley with troops either - I don't think barabarians act in that way in Civ 4.

I was wondering, in an archipelago, is the continent only the island it was built on, or a cluster of islands?

single landmass

Barbs do appear from galleys, I once had a surprise landing of two axeman right next to one of my cities. lucky me, i had a proper defense in the city, 'cause I couldn't even imagine, that the approaching galley could contain troops in it!

Thats a shame, it should be area or something, like groups of small islands, or splitting up one big landmass.

actually i've never seen barbarian galleys with troops onboard... but maybe i missed something

They do have troops, you just can't see them before they have landed. I've had them land next to one of my cities several times. Not so scary, though, since the galley can only carry 2 units. ;)

But when I have the GW, they are prevented from landing and then are restricted to pillaging seafood.

Top Bottom