[10.0.0.38] AD 1705 Kongo attacks with AT troupes (Not a Bug)

pventura

Chieftain
While playing, Zulus are attacking my cities with AT troupes. I feel that there is a bug because the ATs are way to much ahead on the tech progression... I fact all other civs (mine too) are fighting with Bow, Sword and Catapults (the turn is AD 1705...)

Look at screenshot attached

Thanks

Attachments

• Zulu AT.jpg
    Zulu AT.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 102
Are you playing a modded game (Zulu are not in the base game)? If so, please state what mods you are playing with.

In any event, that late in the game this is unlikely to be a bug. If the AI has no access to niter it can't upgrade its cats and swordsmen, but AT Guns have no resource requirement and therefore are the most common later era units you will see from the AI.

Are you playing a modded game (Zulu are not in the base game)? If so, please state what mods you are playing with.

In any event, that late in the game this is unlikely to be a bug. If the AI has no access to niter it can't upgrade its cats and swordsmen, but AT Guns have no resource requirement and therefore are the most common later era units you will see from the AI.

Sorry, my mistake. It's not about Zulus... I'm talking about Kongo... :(
So do you believe that one AI could be able to develops AT during the 18th century?

Because Kongo has no use for religious techs and civics, and can't build holy sites or its buildings, it often builds more campuses than other civs and will often beeline later techs, like Chemistry, which unlocks AT Crew.

I just had weird situation where I was Gremany and I was 1st in science on my continent when out of the blue, i meet Kongo and right after I get rumor that KOngo progressed from atomic to information age. It was 1180AD and he already was researching last tech before future tech.
super fast kongo science.jpg

I would say this is not so much a bug rather than a severe imbalance issue that may as well be a bug, including things not making sense.

Top Bottom