10 FAQs before Declaring a War

Unless you hugely overpower your victim it's pretty hard to attack many cities at once with minimal casualties. As you listed, the key is to let your wounded units recover, and for me that usually happens when I attack with one massive SOD army. When I try to be clever and split my force, one prong of the attack is often overrun by an overwhelming wave of siege and inferior but limitless units. Once your defensive units are all hurt and your attacking units are doing the defending, the stack is unlikely to be offensively useful, and you're just losing precious units.

Thx for the guide.

My last 2 games were focused on Warmongering to get as many Generals as possible. Turns out quite effective. I just got Rifling and 2 of my cities can produce units with 11 experience!

In that case, the upkeep cost of my army is minimal because I need much less units and still be effective. Also, considering my main goal is Combat Experience, pillaging far enemies is now worth it.

any thoughts?

send weak units to destroy resources and at the cities very far away in the late game build nukes or make a giant supply of reinforcements

Top Bottom