100 ways to annoy phone solicitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by WillJ
6. Say, "Yeah, about that... Can you give me your number, and I'll call you back when you're eating dinner, okay?" They'll probably say, "I'm not allowed to do that." Say, "Oh, you don't like people annoying you with stupid phone calls while you're in the middle of doing something?" "Ummm..." "Well, NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!" Then hang up.

I tried that.. he began too give me his addreess!

Tell them that you called a pay phone and that because the pay phone was ringing, you had to pick it up. Then tell him that you're in a hurry to get to the supermarket before the rush-hour shopping traffic starts.

What, you mean 24765756367587574.958547.i858575858400040? :eek:

Tell them you are fro
m some foreign made up country (e.g yugoslamov) "If you do not stop calling me at this number I shall send forth my armies and kick your ASS!!!!!!"
Did this and it worked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask, in very halting, accented English (or whatever the language spoken where you are): "Can you please tell more slowly? I am only in this country for few months and the English she are not too good today." Keep asking for repeats and explanations of all but the most simple words. Be apologetic about it, keep mumbling in a foreign language (or gibberish, if you don't speak a foreign language), and drag the conversation out.

If they ask where you are from, give them the name of a real but obscure country (Paraquay, Botswana or Bhutan, for example) so they can't get you into a conversation about that.

Or say Canada ;)

say everything really slowly for 5 mins( if they're on for that long )
then talk chipmunk style
:viking:

scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! and then say I finaly got this phone working to call someone off this island to come rescue me and i don't have enough battery power for another call. then tell him where your at and tell him to hurry cause you ran out of food and you are all going to have to resort to canabilism, if there are people in the room with you have them start scream and pretending to kill you.

:lol: That's hillarious. :lol:

Originally posted by Penguin Glory
Try this
:lol:

If AT&T calls you:

You: Hello?
AT&T: Yes, this is AT&T.
You: Oh, OK. Say, I have Alzhiemers, so I might forget stuff. Is that okay?
AT&T: Uh, sure, I guess...
You: You guess what?
AT&T: That it's okay that you have Alzhiemers.
You: Why wouldn't it be?
AT&T: Never mind.
You: Who is this?
AT&T: AT&T.
You: Oh, that's right. You're a phone company, right?
AT&T: Yes, that's right.
You: But I don't really need more than one phone.
AT&T: Of course. But I'm calling about...
You: Hello?
AT&T: Yes?
You: Who are you? Speak up, boy!
AT&T: Is this a joke?
You: Is what a joke?
AT&T: What you're doing to me.
You: What have I been doing?
AT&T: Um, *pause*... You recently discontinued your calling plan with us. Would you like to renew it?
You: What calling plan?
AT&T: Well, *explains calling plan*
You: No, thanks.
AT&T: Why not?
You: Why not what? *to person in the background* Honey, can you wait a minute? I'm talking with Bellsouth!
AT&T: AT&T.
You: What about AT&T?
AT&T: We're AT&T, not Bellsouth.
You: Is this George?
*click*

pretend to be gollum. be like "yes precious, we hates him, we hates the telemarketer" if the telemarketer says "excuse me" say "i'm trying to have a conversation!" etc.

Here's what I do now, I just act like I'm interested but whenever they say start to say something I give them a beep from the phone pad. Then deny hearing such noise

Don't mean to be a spoil sport, but the people that actually do this **** get blacklisted, and get put into lists to get called at annoying hours, ie dinner time.

And you only make yourselves look like complete morons. The telemarketer hear too much bull**** over the phone, and one more idiot doesn't make a difference.

/insider tip
/ruiner of fun

but it's so much fun. maybe the callers are getting a little laugh, too. they do doubt could use one with a sucka** job like that.

Shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" at the top of your lungs.

Speak entirely in Esperanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom