1000 Clues you should quite CiV for CIV

Terrance888

Discord Reigns
Not sure which forum it should go in. You know what to do!

1. You accidentally spent turns swapping units when you try to make a stack.
2. You keep researching techs, wondering when you can start trading them.
3. You built a stable, thinking it would help your mounted units
4. You tried to switch out of the Tradition tree and relocate policies into Patronage like civics.
V. Your best buds all denounce you right after you gifted them resources.
6. You start piling up CDs to make your own stack of doom after you can't do it in CiV anymore.

7. In your rush to post a topic like this, you mis-spell "quit"
8. When I update my CIV threads more often than my CiV threads

11. You want to play against opponents that are not dumber than ******ed monkeys. (appx. Civ IV AI >= ******ed monkey > bacteria > Civ 5 AI)
12. You want somewhat less arbitrary maintenance cost. (Once I deleted a worker that was costing 6 gpt, lol wut)

13. You want a (somewhat) workable user interface
14. You want to play a game that's beyond the early stages of beta
15. You want (somewhat) less fake difficulty
16. You want a game where game-to-game strategies are not canned.

lol, I remember this same mentality about civ 4 in the civ 3 forums back in '07. That's when I first started playing III. Now I'm just starting to play IV. Maybe I'll start playing V when VI comes out :lol: I guess I just like fully patched "complete" versions, that or I'm just cheap :mischief:

18. When your only reason why u think about buying CiV is so that u can post something funny in this thread

22) You denounce your friends infront of everyone when you decided to spend a day in the AI's Shoes.
23) When you spend a day in the AI's shoes, you'll be angry when you see someone across the room because they are in your personal space.
24) You dream of hexes fighting against squares
25) You don't want to subsidize further failure

27) Suffering CivAnon symptoms you pre-order CivRev2 (it's not CivV) without thinking
28) You pick up the game and install it immediately expecting it to feel the same only better
29) You play a few games, thinking as you progress it will feel familiar and enjoyable
30) You realise it's too easy and too limiting and finally too boring and you no longer play it
31) It takes up valuable space on your faster HDD, so you decide to remove it
32) Feeling disheartened, you turn to other non-Civ franchise games out of protest
33) Eventually that CivAnon addiction kicks back in and you go back to Civ4
34) Ignore the existence of CivRev2 and decide to live in Civ4 for the forseeable future

Kiwitt: you skipped 34. :)

35) You fell asleep at the keyboard. A few times.

Kiwitt: you skipped 34. :)

35) You fell asleep at the keyboard. A few times.

36) You double post because one (more) post (turn) is not enough

Top Bottom