1240 Bc

HUSch

Secret-monger
1. Ari 6 look ... last turn Ari explore a barb, but he vanish to south (see picture)
2. Ana 11
3. Holk (at Gott6) 6 to look in the east of Gott
4. Nico? 3 and chop at hill (out of culture) or 2 and chop at forrest (in culture) or road to the next city (if that is the pig/fish)?
5. Archi 7 and mine the hill at Peri 6 or go in direction of CERN with 9 road/break and 9 road finish and mine at CERN 6 (iron)
6. Eup gems or iron?
7. research sailing ~6 turns (wish of our allies)
8. all other no change

Attachments

• 1279 Ari.JPG
    1279 Ari.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 1279 Ana.JPG
    1279 Ana.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 117
  • 1279 wb.JPG
    1279 wb.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 1279 Home.JPG
    1279 Home.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 179
Now we 've meet a SAN-axe, Ari can go in security to their frontier. Should we ask, before we go or not?

Attachments

• 1278 Ari.JPG
    1278 Ari.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 107
1. Ari 6 (discussion in SANCTA thread)
2. Ana 11 - OK
3. Holk (at Gott6) 6 to look in the east of Gott - OK
7. research sailing ~6 turns (wish of our allies) - OK

The gems are more direct use to us than the iron. We'll want to build some axes and swords to give a strong appearance in the demographics, but there doesn't seem to be an immediate threat. At least not until barb axes show up.

We get this message now from SAN

If we want to go east, then 93 or 39 is better, I think.
It's our turn and I 'll play in ~20 hours.

Attachments

• 1240 message from SAN.JPG
    1240 message from SAN.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 110
Gah - I misclicked, HUSch :blush:

While taking screenshots, I accidentally moved Aristotle. I was trying to get a shot of Barentz (the SANCTA axeman), but the interface was dropping the info in the mouse-over once I brought up the screenshot menu. Like an idiot, I thought "I'll right-click on him". Because Ari was already selected, I got the message "Declare War?... Perhaps we should rethink this?" I wasn't sure what to do, but I sure didn't want to declare war. Clicking on "Rethink this" caused Ari to move onto the same tile as Barentz, as seen in the screenshot below.

What should I have done? Would pressing Esc have been better?

I'm really sorry about this.

EDIT: there are two barb warriors south of us. We're on the same tile as SAN's axe

Good that you haven't declare war, so Ari goes not 93 but 39. That's not awful, against the barbs we don't want to fight so we go 9, I think.

Btw the screens are good.

We should make sure to do +1 espionage against SANCTA.

Yeah, I'm glad it turned out to not be a disaster... but I'm still not sure what I should have done to get out of the 'move a unit' mode. :dunno:

If you want not the move, cancel extern, but I don't know, if you 've then war or not, the next log in.

All SP against SAN.

There is a setting in the options called "right click menu". I recommend turning that on, and it will always give a menu instead of moving the selected unit. No idea how to stop the move at that point.

Good point on the espionage change. :thumbsup:

- SP on SAN (already know graphs of Cav)
- research on sailing (Do we need a gold turn? (0%-100%-research))

Eupalinos: 4-7-mine (iron)
Archimedes: <s>9-9 (next turn: 8-mine)</s> even better: 9-cottage-break -> 8-road -> 9-mine)
Moving Archi and Eupalinos this way neither delays iron nor delays gems in any way!

In both versions iron is available in 3 turns (2F4H1C!), jungle chopped in gems in 5 tunrs and gems mined in 7 turns (already counting this turn as the first turn)
(Eup alone needs 7 turns for the gems. We definately want the workers to work on the same improvement.)

We can utilize the iron faster. It a really great tile for CERN, that I'd like to work asap. (even better to build workers/settlers)
Both workers can improve the gems right after that without losing a turn.

Nico 1-2-chop

Cities:
CERN: grab hamlet from Entropia instead of mine (+1F for CERN, rice should go to peri next turn to work only improved tiles)
Peri: no change this turn (next turn: grab CERN-rice and build worker)
Entropia: work mine instead of hamlet, which goes to CERN -> granery in 5 turns, then we can grow more easily
Gottingen: I don't understand lib there. I takes way to long... maybe switch to granery and chop it an then whip lib?

Dio (warrior, right?) 4 -> to Peri as MP (new Peri-Holkan to the SE)

Gottingen: I don't understand lib there. I takes way to long... maybe switch to granery and chop it an then whip lib?
In 7 turns we 've 40 :hammers: + chop + whip = finish the lib, 4 turns later we can work the fish and perhaps the pig and bananas. With any of this we can grow to pop 2-3 and whip the granary, after that ...
If we switch to granary and whipp this we 've no food res to work at.
Lib is better than any other cultur building, best would have be we get there our religion.

Peri should build next turn a warrior as MP (2 turns with growing to pop 5), so Dio can remain in CERN, with 1 Holkan east and 1 Holk south we 've 1 as reserve or for defense of settler to south.

btw
With hamlet to CERN and Ent work at mine we 've 28 total: commerce:; we can research with 50 % without lost and at good value (14 for research).

Warrior in Peri is good. Forgot about that possibility...
We should grow Peri to happycap asap, so that it can build workers/settlers for us.

Now that we already invested so much in the lib in Gott, it's probably not really worth changing. You're right.

research:
I did not check for the numbers, but 50% without loss looks great :)

Top Bottom