16bit windows system pop up

Robot Replica

Chieftain
I've tried to install Civ 2 through Windows XP but when I start to install it a pop up appears with the following on it

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows. Choose close to terminate the application.

Does anyone know what this is all about? I'm probably the least computer literate person on the planet, so if any one can explain how I can get rid of this without it all going over my head I'd be very grateful.

Cheers.

Well you can either go through this thread; http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=92745 , or download the attached zip file and extract it to the /windows/system32/ folder. Only try this with Win XP, not sure which previous versions of Windows still use config.sys and autoexec.bat .

Attachments

• 16bitsubsys.zip
    371 bytes · Views: 954
Please help. I'm having the exact same problem as Robot Replica. The terrible and annoying
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows. Choose close or ignore to terminate the application.
i tried using the attached zip file but i still get the pop up. Is there anything else or am i doing something wrong? :(

Top Bottom