1768x992 Resolution - How do you Manually Customize?

First off, I have a PNY Nivida GTX 460, hooked up to a 42 inch LCD TV-monitor via an HDMI cable. I have an annoying issue with my resolution in Rome II: Total War; the image keeps getting cut off because it’s stretched too large for the screen. I even went into the Nivida experience software, which is supposed to optimize the game, and force the 1768x992 resolution, yet it too appears to be too big. Is there any way I can manually customize my resolution particularly for Rome II: Total War? Playing in a window, that doesn’t even cover the whole screen is really diminishing my gaming experience.

Other games that I have played, like Skyrim, and Fallout, aren’t exactly set to 1768x992, yet the image still appears to proper fit the screen, in full-screen mode. Why does this happen for RII:TW ?

I am also forced to play Civ V in windowed mode, but at least the resolution I chose for that expands the window to cover the whole screen despite the ugly boarder.

I figured out the solution myself. You need to right-click on the desktop to open the nividia control panel. On the left, go over to "Adjust Desktop Size and Position". Then click on the box that reads, "Override scaling mode set by games and programs". After you resize the resolution to exactly your liking, you can now apply it in games and programs. I'm sure this will work for other games as well.

Top Bottom