• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

19 of 18 Civs now confirmed!

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Option 1: Firaxis be trollin (You thought we said 18? Haha, no.)
Option 2: One or more magazines are wrong
Option 3: City-states with unique units

Also Destroyers, Samurai, and the cristo redentor.

Plus this means that the interface that we are seeing at the moment (in the background of one photo) is probably nothing like what the interface will be like (they probably just took some Civ Rev interface and pasted it in there as a placeholder)

wow, this will make things interesting

Actually, with:

Persia + Immortals
Siam + Elephants

AND

Landskneckt [Holy Roman]

be 20/18?

Just a thought, considering they're the Holy Roman UU in Civ4...

let the orderly decent into madness begin

I bet some city-states have unique units.

I doubt that, some previews have taken the steps to actual define them as NOT having the abilities of normal Civs. That indicates to me city-states won't have UU's.

Maybe once we get some leaderhead names as well.

...unless they're going to give City-States leaderheads :crazyeye:

I'd guess that Persians are the final of the 18. The Siamese Elephants were not connected directly to a Civ name - it was simply assumed that they go with Siam or Thailand. It would be technically incorrect, but they may go with India (giving them a combat unit instead of the Fast Worker).

No, special mercenary UUs for city states actually sounds like a good addition. We already know that city states will give you units, now it seems that some of these may be unique and cannot be gotten any other way.

Looking forward to Swiss pikemen.

did anywhere confirm that there were only going to BE 18 civs? Maybe they've played us for fools all along... Many of the articles mention 18 civs, but I don't think it was actually confirmed by Firaxis? Correct me if I am wrong.

My Italian isn't that good, but from what I understand of this text direct from the magazine, it definitely says "Siamese Elephants" and "Persian Immortals".

Siamo riusciti a vedere solo la porzione di Civ V dall'Antichita al periodo alessandrino, ma grazie a un enorme poster con tutte le unita del gioco, abbiamo potuto dare un'occhiata alle unita che verranno sviluppate nelle epoche successive. Tra queste, segnaliamo gli immancabili Legionari, gli Immortali dei Persiani, i Samurai, gli Elefanti Siamesi, i Giannizzeri (degli Ottomani), iLanzichenecchi, bombardieri di tutti i tipi, caccia ultramoderni come l'F-22 e persino delle unita di Mech, robottoni di forma umana del futuro prossimo venturo.

I don't trust this Italian BS.

Then again, I don't trust a lot of magazines because they'll spew whatever rumor-mongering hype will get their zines sold.

Top Bottom