2.0 Discussion

Edit: Well, I am offtopic, yes, I know, I should have send you a PM... Sorry.

If you can do that (I don't know how difficult it is), it could be cool to work a little on the partisans you made and create a woman partisan (just changing head : I know your are expert).
And they could use a molotov cocktail, no ? It would be more realistic.
And I could use it for my mod too... :p

In fact I don't like how are weared your actual partisan with bomb. They look like an "orchestra director" who has found a bomb in a violin. :lol:
Perhaps just cut his vest and duplicate it with a female head, and then replace bombs by molotov cocktail could be good...

And, to be a really anoying guy, I could add that it would be very cool to add some fire on molotov cocktail.:eek:

What do you think about that ?

i can do all those things (and have planned too) except cut his coattails. i can even make the flame come out of a bottle model someone made me. If we get a patch for second rev's AI, i will add an updated protester.

Ok, well, what I'd like to see in 3.0 is a build-up phase, kind of like the WWII scenario (where, if you were playing as Germany, you were stuck until you got submarines). News pops up occasionally which changes things, so your strategies have to change. The scenario should start without control of any cities, and you have to use protesters to convert cities to anarcho-syndicalism. As you start to get sucessful, Bush will switch to police state, which would act like theocracy, but most of the anarcho-syndicalist cities come under your control. At this point all you have are protesters, spies and guerrillas, and all Bush has is police and SWAT teams. Next, you need to convince other countries to intervene on your behalf. A big part of this would be convincing a country like Russia to sell you tanks, jets and ships. When you do this, Bush will recall the troops from Iraq (or Iran), and enact martial law. The reserves will create a huge problem, and a few months later the deployed military will return (he may also seek military support from the UK, Australia, Israel, Canada and Mexico). When you become just as strong as Bush, he'll start using the nukes. This will result in all the nations becoming much more sympathetic to your cause, and you might get direct military support from China or Russia. Cuba and Venezuela will not get involved directly until the nukes are gone, but will quite likely send money, weapons, and resources.

A couple fun details to try:
  • Bush as an actual unit that you could take out to end the game early (the AI should treat him as a great person). Likewise, you should have your own unit which has your leader name. If it dies, you lose. These both could be a new type of great person, like a Great Leader, which offers morale bonuses or something.
  • Guerrillas that can use IEDs or mines to greatly improve the defensibility of a city (guerrillas should also be resistant to air strikes).
  • Propaganda systems. Setting up a radio tower would let you broadcast support for anarcho-syndicalism, and it would create guerrillas, protesters, and spies in nearby cities. Likewise, Bush might have an aircraft that drops leaflets telling your guys to switch to his side or give up.

I can code in C++ now, so I can edit the SDK if that's necessary. I could also probably pick up python pretty quickly, if that's involved.

Ok, well, what I'd like to see in 3.0 is a build-up phase, kind of like the WWII scenario (where, if you were playing as Germany, you were stuck until you got submarines). News pops up occasionally which changes things, so your strategies have to change. The scenario should start without control of any cities, and you have to use protesters to convert cities to anarcho-syndicalism. As you start to get sucessful, Bush will switch to police state, which would act like theocracy, but most of the anarcho-syndicalist cities come under your control. At this point all you have are protesters, spies and guerrillas, and all Bush has is police and SWAT teams. Next, you need to convince other countries to intervene on your behalf. A big part of this would be convincing a country like Russia to sell you tanks, jets and ships. When you do this, Bush will recall the troops from Iraq (or Iran), and enact martial law. The reserves will create a huge problem, and a few months later the deployed military will return (he may also seek military support from the UK, Australia, Israel, Canada and Mexico). When you become just as strong as Bush, he'll start using the nukes. This will result in all the nations becoming much more sympathetic to your cause, and you might get direct military support from China or Russia. Cuba and Venezuela will not get involved directly until the nukes are gone, but will quite likely send money, weapons, and resources.

A couple fun details to try:
  • Bush as an actual unit that you could take out to end the game early (the AI should treat him as a great person). Likewise, you should have your own unit which has your leader name. If it dies, you lose. These both could be a new type of great person, like a Great Leader, which offers morale bonuses or something.
  • Guerrillas that can use IEDs or mines to greatly improve the defensibility of a city (guerrillas should also be resistant to air strikes).
  • Propaganda systems. Setting up a radio tower would let you broadcast support for anarcho-syndicalism, and it would create guerrillas, protesters, and spies in nearby cities. Likewise, Bush might have an aircraft that drops leaflets telling your guys to switch to his side or give up.

I can code in C++ now, so I can edit the SDK if that's necessary. I could also probably pick up python pretty quickly, if that's involved.

you're hired.

we don't start till nearly summer.

question: are you at franky?

disregard that question then.

suffice it to say, the SDK codebase won't be available until nearly at the end of the development phase. we will have graphics done by the time we need to implement the SDK. At that time, i will need SUPER help to debug and integrate the SDK im going to use for second revolution.

Here's something else, a bit in the vein of my last post, but not entirely similar. While last post dealt with Las Vegas itself, this is more a way to kill two birds with one stone.

I've noticed that the RCC has some pathetically-weak aircraft, and I think I've found a solution to balance it out, while staying realistic. Since the RCC owns all the territory between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, they basically own Nevada, so logically, they also seized the Nellis Base. Here is a link to another useful wonder thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=207923

Maybe don't give the RCC the ability to build modern aircraft right at the start, but at least possessing Nevada should mean they have some pre-existing ones. Hell, maybe even some good missiles. Yeah, you might have to break a few rules, and have the planes be based in Vegas, not the AFB, but it still makes more sense than having nothing of military use around there.

Good Idea!

you know, i could just start Las Vegas with a bunch of USA jets and B52's, allowing it to strike with impunity all accross the southwest...

when i first dreamed up the idea for this mod, i wanted to have units in actual placement by US military bases. all cities without bases would only have police guarding it.

I eventually gave up because there is just way too much stuff to figure out and research :p

Well, if you have California, then you're going to have a lot of nice stuff. There are lots of apaches, sikorskies, cargo transport aircraft, and a huge number of F16s or F-18s. Nellis just has more fighter aircraft. There aren't really a lot of bombers in California or Nevada. But, then again, people who are playing this aren't generally going to know the difference, so perhaps it's better to stick with good game balance than reality.

that was my opinion when i dropped the "actual troop placement" idea. And alot of those military assets in cali are in souther california, which must be liberated, so you wont get to enjoy any of those units as rebels

A few more issues, this time concerning tanks.

The T-62 has no true animations.

The T-80 is far too large.

Some tanks don't upgrade to others. I forget specifics.

Canada in this mod uses the M1A2 Abrams. In real life, Canada's MBT is the German Leopard 2. I think there's a Leopard 2 for download somewhere on these forums, so please change it for realism's sake. Oh, and in terms of stat differences, they shouldn't be too huge, but the L2 is slightly lighter and faster than the Abrams. I'm also not sure what Mexico uses as their MBT; in fact, I know next to nothing about Mexico's military, although I see their police carry assault rifles. :ar15:

BTW, are you going to use the "Disgruntled Citizens" as units in this game?

Top Bottom