(2-VT) Optional Upper Limit to Happiness Penalty from New Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

y10

Chieftain
Currently, the happiness penalty from acquiring a new city can make a wide play style (especially if you are pursuing a domination victory) extremely difficult. I am proposing an optional cap (for example, something specified in the Difficulty files or in the CoreDefines files) to the unhappiness penalty from acquiring new cities. This would be similar to the cap on the science, culture, and tourism penalties associated with new cities already in place.

I'm sorry about that. It is a little bit difficult to articulate. Right now, every time you found (or annex) a new city, the Empire Size modifier for the happiness median goes up by 5%. I am proposing an option to cap that. Say the cap is 50% and you have 10 cities. With this option, if you annex another city, your empire size modifier would not increase because it is already capped. It would be similar to science and culture penalties which increase the cost of each tech (or policy) by 5% per new city but reaches a cap at 75%.

I can do that, but it's not fitting for a VP Congress Proposal. Make a feature request on GitHub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom