1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

20 ways the world could end..

Discussion in 'World History' started by Sturmgewehr, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furius

Furius Chieftain

"The chance of a black hole destroying us is so minutely small (like 1 in a billion trillion), that we dont have to worry about it."

But, there is still that 1, it still possible. And think, if a black hole did swallow up the Earth we probably wouldn't even know, how sad is that; I'd be sitting there surfing the internet and then suddenly I'd dissappear, without ever knowing why. On the other hand, you can't stop a black hole so maybe it would be best to live your last moments rather than worrying that it would, "all be over." I also believe, that if one was close enought that it would soon begin sucking us that the Chandra X-Ray Space Telescope would spot it.

2. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Nothing to do with history. Closed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.