2014 NFL Regular Season

I think I could survive the code. I support the Raiders, but the Eagles would be "my" team. But I'll be in trouble if I try to claim the Rams when they move to LA. Good thing I'm not adoptable anyway.

I moved around a lot as a kid but spent most of my formative years (all of high school and some middle school and some elementary school) near Boston rooting for the Red Sox and the Celtics and the Bruins and the always hapless Patriots. This was spanning late 80's to 1999. So the Celtics had some dominance and the Pats flirted with being OK towards the end with Bledsoe and Parcells, and the Red Sox had some great players but continued the painful losing tradition year after year. They all stuck with me after I left Massachusetts. Boggs, Lynn, Rice, Nomar, Pedro, Vaughn...the Sox had some great players that made them fun to root for. This was also the era of the dominant Yankee dynasty, coincidentally. The Yankees hatred was a unique bonding thing and Sox games vs. the Yankees reminded me of football matches I went to in the UK as a kid in their intensity.

My entire family are 49ers and A's fans as we have Bay Area roots. (I was actually born here. As a very young kid in the Bay Area in the 80's I rooted for the family team--the A's. I can still name the Bash Brothers line up by heart.) The Giants are my "girlfriend" team on the side. I can root for them and celebrate with my fellow San Franciscans as there is rarely ever any conflict with rooting for the Red Sox. My nightmare scenario is a Red Sox v. Giants World Series. I'd have to go for the Sox but it would be bittersweet.

Many congratulations to Seattle Seahawks fans: the future winners of this year's Super Bowl. :p. :cool:

What if you're foreign?? Are you allowed to pick a team from whatever criteria you like??

Of course... or like my daughter who liked animals (Bengals) at first then switched to the Chargers because of their uniforms and P.Rivers (QB) whom she saw play in person at NC State as a child. My wife used to like the Jets because of M.Sanchez's 'looks' :mischief: .
Personally I have liked the Dolphins since 1970 (age 6) and the Panthers since they came to NC. So I have been in a downward spiral since then with the Dolphins.

Of course... or like my daughter who liked animals (Bengals) at first then switched to the Chargers because of their uniforms and P.Rivers (QB) whom she saw play in person at NC State as a child. My wife used to like the Jets because of M.Sanchez's 'looks' :mischief: .
Well in my family the "rules" are strictly "man-code" and don't apply to the ladies. The women in my family get to switch around as much as they want for whatever reason or no reason, and we can't mock them for switching. "The code" only applies to men.

Ironically, my baby sister is an avid NFL fan and one of the few legitimate Patriot fans I know from Connecticut. Hilariously she picked the Pats because as a 5-6 year old she used to watch us play Tecmo Superbowl. Pink was her favourite colour and she announced one day that she loved "the Pink team." We tried to explain to her that "the Pink team" (the Patriots) was the worst team in the game and not worth liking, but she said she didn't care, she loved pink and so they were her favourite. She has stayed a loyal Pats fan her whole life. I actually watched the Superbowl at her house this year :love:

edit: redacted. I thought about this, and I changed my mind.

Top Bottom