21civ Standard Size Erebus Scenario

I've played a couple games on the map now on the last three patches, and I've not seen any settler building at all, using the settings that load by default.

EDIT: Was responding to the other person about settlers, I prefer no settlers ;)

tbh, i've still got the problem aswell, but it's not just this scenario. I just double-checked with the latest patch: started a custom game, selected no-settlers, yet it's still available in the build-que.
Still, i recon it's a problem with me having to use a no-cd .exe, which doesn't cover all the options it's supposed to. Rex, are you using a no-cd or the regular 3.13 .exe?

@Kwaichang:
The default setting for the version 1.2 of this map is no settlers. You can see that if you start it as a custom scenario.

@Demus:
A no-cd crack wouldn't do something as blocking settlers or allowing them. Still, you can try using a mini image (and Daemon tools) instead. Works well. Except for if you actually don't own civ and bts, then you should go to pirate hell! :D

I just attempted a game as the SIdar, and their start sucks. Firstly the wraiths prevent using your northeastern pass. Second, it is impossible to build farms without rivers so your city is tiny. Third there is no mana or even incense to go for a divine/magic aproach. Then, you have the aggressive Iliians on your next side. If you want to grow, you must adopt FoL. COuld you please try and balance this? I added a river for them on worldbuilder.

in my second map i gave them a similar start, but added a water tile so they got fresh water and could make a few farms.. sidar don't need a river tho since they have decent base tile yields. i mostly only gave rivers to civs that were stuck with tundra, too many hills, or a lack of health due to no forests or too many floodplains (exception to that is grigori since they get no religion).

so they could prolly use a water tile in my first map.

Sureshot, are you finished those maps or do you upgrade those?

And i like to see more maps to you. I havn't played nothing else than those maps since you made those.:lol:

im prolly gonna wait til shadow is out before making any more maps heh

i want to make a huge map later on, tho ill prolly wait til shadow

Consider making it Large instead, so it's a bit more "playable".

i do hope this map gets an update in shadow, i really enjoyed playing it.
But if you do, you should balance it out a bit more. As it is, both the khazad and the ljuchirp have got the best starting locations by far (almost always the best two AI civs on the map). Maibe getting rid of 1 of the gems, and 1 of the wineries would balance it out a bit more.
Also, move barbatos a few tiles to the left. Ljos rangers can easily reach him from the mountains, without giving him a chance to defend himself with summons.

Consider making it Large instead, so it's a bit more "playable".

im messing around with ideas now, and since i want it square rather than a rectangle as is standardly done, i just cut off the extra, so its likely to be between large and huge (currently 80 by 80)

about khazad and luchuirp being powerful which of the two maps do you find that on?

Well, Khazad rule at having only one city, if that is the rule on that map.

And do something to that damn FoL, Ljosalfar rules whole world with that religion except khazad. Even them who found some other religion will not change it if he/she have FoL already at state religion, some times Lanun change to OO or AV but, they are almost only civ who change state religion at FoL to some other.

And in my current game i spread Order to Malakim, he switch it and some turns later FoL spreads to his city and he change to it. Wth Malakim do with FoL since he havn't even not single forest tile in he's land? And why he change to FoL, if he already have state religion, other way he wouldn't.

Some balance issues fixed with religions and those map are perfect.

I'm guessing with that with so many other civs following FoL, Varn was pressured into adopting it.

tbh, FoL and RoK often balance each other out pretty well in the scenario, since RoK is founded almost twice as fast :p. The other religions are all MIA though.

Top Bottom