2K Launcher only has Buy Option

Tarry

Chieftain
I can't run Civ6 from the 2K launcher, it only has the buy option.

Steam still knows I own it, but that runs the launcher

You have to buy it for each play session

Peak Monetization

Moderator Action: Just a clarification, since it isn't overly apparent, that this statement isn't actually true and should be taken in the sarcastic spirit in which it was meant. ~ LK

Last edited by a moderator:

Peak Monetization

Sure is a good thing I've got a bunch of non-Firaxis games like Humankind, Port Royale IV and Anno 1800 to play, because this confirms that I won't be playing any Firaxis games for the foreseeable future, or recommending them to anybody else unless I'm trying to get even with them for something . . .

Peak Monetization

Moderator Action: Just a clarification, since it isn't overly apparent, that this statement isn't actually true and should be taken in the sarcastic spirit in which it was meant. ~ LK
clever

Sure is a good thing I've got a bunch of non-Firaxis games like Humankind, Port Royale IV and Anno 1800 to play, because this confirms that I won't be playing any Firaxis games for the foreseeable future, or recommending them to anybody else unless I'm trying to get even with them for something . . .

Note that the launcher is by the publisher 2K Games, not something that Firaxis has cooked..

I can’t believe that my statement needed clarification

*remembers which timeline he is in*

You know what? That’s fair. My apologies!

Should that thread about bypassing the launcher be stickies? It seems to come up semi regularly

I can’t believe that my statement needed clarification

*remembers which timeline he is in*

You know what? That’s fair. My apologies!

Should that thread about bypassing the launcher be stickies? It seems to come up semi regularly

No worries. Part of the problem doubtless comes from my low opinion of 2K and Firaxis since they launched the launcher in the first place: too ready to jump to the worst possible conclusion.

But it did make me fire up Civ VI for the first time in several months today, sit through the Launcher launching (I had time to read an entire article out of Smithsonian magazine) and slap up a game. No problems. The Launcher still slows everything down to the pace of the last Glacial Epoch, but the game even with all the Mods I've draped on it still begins, displays, puts me in a Start Position that makes no sense at all (a Tundra Start for England: doesn't Firaxis know they don't even put ice in their drinks?) - all as usual, so I stopped the game, exited Steam, and probably won't bother opening Civ VI again for another few months . . .

No worries. Part of the problem doubtless comes from my low opinion of 2K and Firaxis since they launched the launcher in the first place: too ready to jump to the worst possible conclusion.

But it did make me fire up Civ VI for the first time in several months today, sit through the Launcher launching (I had time to read an entire article out of Smithsonian magazine) and slap up a game. No problems. The Launcher still slows everything down to the pace of the last Glacial Epoch, but the game even with all the Mods I've draped on it still begins, displays, puts me in a Start Position that makes no sense at all (a Tundra Start for England: doesn't Firaxis know they don't even put ice in their drinks?) - all as usual, so I stopped the game, exited Steam, and probably won't bother opening Civ VI again for another few months . . .

Ya I play Fallout 4 on console, heavily modded and I have reading material on hand whenever I need to sign in to bethesda to add/update/remove mods

The rest of the game is shockingly stable

Top Bottom