3.0 discussion

That's actually a good point. I'd be interested to know how you decided to divide up the cities, Garret.

well alot of those cities you mention are visible in the screenshot, so there is a great teaser (remember, cities that look green or red are american, because it is the active civ during the picture)

Detroit and New orleans i gave to the rebels. I also gave them New york and a bunch of Western cities too. and they get the southern half of alaska, making for a great northern battle.

here is another little screenshot. this one illustrates the borders of the warring factions:

Attachments

• borders.jpg
    borders.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 107
unfortunately i cant figure out how to make the territory i set in the map editor to stay under the specific civ's. when i reload the map, the territories are reset :(

Thanks Garret, and the map is pretty useful, but what I meant was, how did you decide which cities were going to rebel and so on?

Edit: also, are you going to have an 'international' type scheme (like the Spain 1936 mod) whereby groups can receive reinforcements from other countries? And are you going to allow situations where a city will revolt and join the other side, for example if they have the wrong ideology and unhappy and so on? It might make 'missionaries' more important. Perhaps ordinary troops for the rebels could have a chance of spreading their ideology to cities they capture?

Edit2: Yeah, I found that when I was playing around with things. My only suggestion is to fiddle with the cities and get the cultural boundaries to be set roughly right.

Edit3: I suggested this for another mod, I think, but it could also work here, if you can do it. I think that territory should be gained and lost according to where units move. So if I move tanks towards an enemy city, every tile they cross will become my culture, for a limited time.

some of those suggestions will take more SDK work than i will be able to get done. all core changes will be done by Dale, with his DCM. but this wont happen till the mod is done, he will just add to it.

I will need either an event hack to make units appear from other countries, or some python from Fabrysse.

Gotten that problem with the cities fixed, yet?

Excellent!

I cant wait for it to be released :D

One thing that has thus far been neglected about this mod's development, is the use of quotes for technologies. In the last version all had the same quotes, but providing some new ones unique to this mod would give it a lot of character. Here's some that I think could work.

"Those who betray their leaders are lower than garbage, but those betray their peers are even lower than that!"--Kakashi
"If a man says he wants freedom and in the very next sentence says what he won't do to get it, he doesn't want freedom."--Malcolm X
"There's no justice like angry-mob justice!"--Clancy Wiggum
"Voting machines are known to be highly defective. AK-47s are known to be highly reliable. Do the math."--Bahmo

Also, Bush looks like he's stifling a fart for the press in that screenie.

Is there a list of technologies somewhere? I could probably dig around for some decent quotes...

Armor Branch
A1: Armor Power
Spoiler :
Gives Mechanized and Armor

A2: Ruggedized Chassis
Spoiler :
Gives Mobile Sam and Mobile Artillery

A3: Improved Motorization
Spoiler :
Requires Fusion

A4: Ultra-Heavy Chassis
Spoiler :
Gives Ultra-Heavy Tank

A5: Hover Technology
Spoiler :
Gives Hover Cavalry

A6: Battlemech Technology
Spoiler :
Gives Battlemech Walker

Regular Infantry Branch
B1: Domestic Deployment
Spoiler :
Gives Infantry

B2: Body Armor
Spoiler :
Gives Paratroopers

B3: Battle Networks

B4: Portable Auto-Cannons
Spoiler :
Gives Auto-Cannon Troops

2NDINF Special Infantry
C1: Riots
Spoiler :
Gives 2NDINF unit

C2: Sabotage
Spoiler :
Gives Spy, Intelligence Agency, Security Bureau

C3: Shock And Awe
Spoiler :
Gives Terrorist (hidden nationality unit)

C4: Subjegation or Liberation
Spoiler :
Gives Panzer Cops, Enable Universal Drafting

Science Branch
D1: Industrial Sciences
Spoiler :
Gives ICBM, Tactical Nuke, Nuclear Plant, Industrial Park

D2: Ecological Sciences
Spoiler :
Recycling Center

D3: Fusion Science
Spoiler :
Fusion Reactor

D4: Automation Sciences
Spoiler :
GivesRocket Launcher

D5: Space Sciences

Aviationics Tree
E1: Airpower
Spoiler :
Gives Bomber, Fighter and Missile

E2: Advanced Jet Engines
Spoiler :
Requires Fusion Sciences

E3: Reentry Capabilities

E4: Space Superiority
Spoiler :
Gives Space Fighter, Requires Space Sciences

E5: Orbital Bombardment
Spoiler :
Gives Space Bomber

E6: Orbital Strikes
Spoiler :
Gives Rods from the Gods

There are three more rows to go through :)

Regular Infantry Branch
B1: Domestic Deployment
Spoiler :
Gives Infantry

2NDINF Special Infantry
C1: Riots
Spoiler :
Gives 2NDINF unit

Right, so could you please put my AK-47 quote for one of them?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?" - Joan Baez

"The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one." - Albert Einstein

"If goods don't cross borders, armies will." - Frédéric Bastiat

"Projectile - n. the final arbiter in international disputes. Formerly these disputes were resolved by physical contact of the disputants with such arguments as the rudimentary logic of the times would supply - sword, spear, and so forth. With the growth of prudence in military affairs the projectile came more and more into favor, and is now held in high esteem by all. Its capital defect has been that it requires personal attendance at the point of launch." - Ambrose Bierce

Top Bottom