3.10 city state contact bonus

Yes that could be fun:

+8/+4 xp to units for militaristic
+30/+15 culture for cultural
+30/+15 extra gold for commercial
+10/+5 instant food per city for maritime

Or +20/+10 :c5goldenage: toward the next golden age for commercial.

But i dont agree with u. Im playing on Deity or Immortal, and AI get a lot of units at start.
Giving a more important bonus for being the first to discover something is giving again a bonus to the AI ...
More units = More exploration = More bonus.

I'm always going to scout first thing to build, if i want to grab some ruins (and get some defense vs the barbarians because i always enable raging barbarians)

It would appear from the last two postings that people are coming round to Ahriman's opening comment.

There should be a difference in the gift, whatever it may be, to being first to meet a CS.

Yes, there should be a bonus for discovering first, and I think it'd be fun if each CS type had their own unique secondary reward, not just religious City-States.

Yes that could be fun:

+8/+4 xp to units for militaristic
+30/+15 culture for cultural
+30/+15 extra gold for commercial
+10/+5 instant food per city for maritime

I think all city state types giving a bonus in addition to gold sounds fun. My problem is the same as Myrrdin though. When you play on Deity and Immortal you simply cannot compete for first contact with city states due to the AI starting with so many units. Reducing the bonus for 2nd contact makes the game even harder and less rewarding on higher levels. On Emperor and lower levels I have no issue with a first contact bonus because you have an honest chance of getting them.

I guess at this point I'm in favor of a flat gold bonus but and playtesting an additional first contact bonus depending on city state type.

Top Bottom