3.17 Compatability

EmperorFool

Deity
As far as I can determine by looking at the patched files in 3.17, BUG should work fine with the patch with one minor visual issue:

If you disable Espionage, you will still see the button that opens the Espionage Advisor at the top of the screen.

There are no game-play issues introduced by BUG. The 3.17 patch introduces its own issues that are not caused by running it with BUG.

If you see XML tags in these screens, e.g. TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_LEAD_ANY_CIV, make sure you update to the latest release of BUG -- 2.30 -- or update from SVN.

BUG used to include a replacement "XML/Text/CIV4GameText_BTS.xml" file, but it was removed recently. The latest 3.17 patch moved some text keys from one XML file to the above XML file, and thus you may see text problems with older versions of BUG. Again, this doesn't affect gameplay, but it doesn't look nice.

If you've upgraded BUG over a previous version of BUG, simply remove the above file from the "CustomAssets" and/or "Mods/BUG Mod/Assets" folders.

The latest version of BUG from SVN (not the EXE or ZIP yet) has a fix in CvInfoScreen.py (similar to Solver's unofficial patch) to display graphs for all civs when you are playing a game with the "No Espionage" option set. In this case, the scoreboard also shows the power ratio for all civs, if you have it enabled in BUG.

BUG should work fine with Solver's unofficial patch.

Can next version of BUG clean the old CIV4GameText_BTS.xml or to install the "fixed" CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml? I'm getting tired of saying to people in BtS forum how to get rid of the TXT problems :wallbash:

I'm getting tired of saying to people in BtS forum how to get rid of the TXT problems :wallbash:
Well, would you care to do that one last time? :blush: Since installing patch 3.17, my screens are infested with these whatever _TXT_whatever. Someone told me to install the latest Bug mod release, and I did so but it didn't fix anything (even though I'm happy to enjoy the mod's latest features).

The problem is that we removed the broken file, but when you install via a ZIP, there's no way for us to make it remove a file. ZIP archives can only add or modify files -- not remove them.

If we were to add the "fixed" XML file going around, we'd be right back in the same boat when a new version of that file was needed.

The best way is to delete your "My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets" directory entirely. It contains only mods you've installed like BUG or BlueMarble. Then install the latest BUG release and any other mods you want.

If you use our EXE installer, simply use the Windows control panel to remove BUG before installing the new version.

@r_rolo1: Thank you for your effort. I'm trying to stay on top of that thread too, and I appreciate your dedication to the community. :goodjob: Feel free to let me handle those posts if you want, though.

No need... but that was a minor rant;) you know , having to write all of that stuff at least 1 time in every page of the 3.17 thread is hairaising ( not that you don't have experience with that ;) ... mod troubleshooting is :wallbash: ;) )

Ok, I unistalled Bug mod and Bat mod, I deleted the Custom Assest folder. Downloaded the newest Bat file I could find, but still getting the TXT thing.

Should Bat.exe install the files automatically into the correct folders? Thinking that would be the case since most people won't know about all these other things I am seeing in other threads about .ini files and stuff.

Is there a different download that does all this for you??

Sorry, but forgot to mention one of your pages says the BUG is included in BAT...is that correct and is the BUG in BAT the most updated?

BAT has not been updated with the latest BUG yet, and BAT has not been updated for 3.17. Alerum is working on a patch for BAT to make it 3.17 compatible.

Therefore, you should get the latest BUG (2.30 at this time, or grab from SVN) and use it instead of BAT until it's updated.

I don't mean to rush, but any info on when BAT might be ready?

I kinda don't want to update to 3.17 yet because I love the graphics stuff that BAT brings in, makes the game feel much more immersive.

Top Bottom