30 AD: Apolytonian Intelligence Issue

Originally posted by Goonie
I am very perturbed at the current state of affairs that our Ambassadorial office to Apolyton is in. We seem to JUMPING at the chance to divulge all possible, information and secrets. Are they doing the same for us? No!

We must stop acting like the little kid brother who wants the attention of the older brother. Lets grow up and be independent damn it!

Octavian, please in the future do not inform foreign nations of confidential information.

I think I have to get my eyes checked. The other great (and only other) FA minister sees this issue the same way. I guess I should say that I never gave Octavian permission to do this nor did he tell me he was going to do it, and I don't care if he is the president or not. That isn't something people should do, but Vander seems to have already have made his decision.

Forty, they did say that we were getting BOP. I don't know about that now...

I apoligize, however, everyone here must realize that if we are to have a chance at surviving till the end of the game, we can't go around trying to seperate ourselves from Apolyton. The strong relations we have, the better.

For one, they've already got a massive army. If they decide to turn on us at BoP, we'd be dead meat.

Second, they've managed to assemble the best and brightest civvers in the world. I've seen these guys in action in other demogames, and they are NOT to be messed with.

I do have specific reasons for revealing what little information I did. In fact, this is the only information that was passed along, straight from Cheetah:

GCA HAS MOVED ALL THEIR UNITS TO DEFEND AGAINST APOLYTON!

Based on the information from the investigations, I believe GCA has only 4 combat units west of Balance of Power. Most of them are located west of Sodapopolis, consisting of 1 Elite Spearman, 1 Veteran Spearman and 1 Swordsman. They are accompanied by a Worker. The last unit is an Elite Spearman defending Santopia.

I hardly find that harmless. It is, at least, a confidence-boosting measure. As I understand it, they did take a bit of a beating at Algalord.

Lastly, I've been bugged by Apolyton on our attack on GCA more than you can imagine. This little action got them to shut up for a bit, and actually made it look like we knew what we were doing.

If some feel what I did was wrong, I apoligize. I do acknowledge that perhaps a bit more citizen input was needed in the matter. However, I do feel that my actions were justified. We are in no position to attempt to put up a hostile stance against Apolyton. The way things are looking, our only chance at survival is a strong relationship with our northern neighbors.

-------
And, Zarn, the removal passage you quoted earlier deals with smaller offices appointed by officials (ie: governors, deputies, etc). It has nothing to do with elected officials. As of yet, I don't believe we have a method of removal for elected officials (ambassadors included), so that's something we should look into adding.

Originally posted by Vander
As Justice of the Court (wow, I get to do something!), I see little to warrant a complete exile of Octavian. All that he has done to damage our position is by giving Poly some screenies of some backwater GCA cities. By the time the Poly Empire spans to this region, these cities will ethier be ours or not exist. Further, I think that Octavian's actions were out of friendship with Poly, not some sort of malicious plan to sabotage the CFC team.
The only punishment warranted is a stern warning. Anything else is enflamed, parinoid scape goating. Octavian should come to the Administration first, get confirmation, then offer whatever it is to Poly.

Who wants to exile him? That is the key Vander!!! He is far to friendly with them!

Originally posted by Octavian X
we can't go around trying to seperate ourselves from Apolyton. The strong relations we have, the better.

No one here disagrees with that. There is a fine line however between good relations and unintelligent divulging of information.

Top Bottom