33% off for Americans, 50% off for Europeans

Im gonna cancel my Amazon pre order before it ships and buy this now instead :)

Ahhhh, my Amazon pre order is on dispatching soon and it wont let me cancel it. Nvm then, its only £2 difference (£15 inc next day delivery from Amazon).

I'll have it tomorrow anyway.

Same here. Ah, what the heck, I'm old-school - it doesn't feel like a proper game unless it comes in a box ;)

humm, so we do not really need to buy it from a "hard" store, right? we can just download it from any webstore like amazon?
in that case, what am i be losing by not having the hard copy (the Cd, the manual, i suppose) but is that all?

Yeah, that's about it. In fact if you buy it through Steam or whatever you'll get to download it as soon as it's unlocked rather than having to wait until you can physically buy it from a shop or until it gets shipped to you.

For me it's just a personal preference thing; I always buy physical music CDs rather than download them. It's the same with computer games. Plus I made the effort to get the physical copy of CiV vanilla, so I might as well wait the extra hours for Amazon next-day delivery to get it to me in a box...

I don't know App Store, but if it gives you the option to copy your CivV serial, copy it and register it into Steam. This worked for The Sims 3 PC and Origin Store for me...

From what I understand, games purchased through the App Store do not have serial numbers. Can anyone confirm that? If so, I will just have to ask for a refund I guess :(

In case steam doesn't refund my pre-order by friday, I presume I should still wait to play it, as they probably wont refund it after I started using it, even though I do have a second key ready and waiting.

Really hope this doesn't end up forcing me to wait even longer to play G&K's :(

Really hope this doesn't end up forcing me to wait even longer to play G&K's
Same here.

I cancelled my pre-order yesterday and Valve responded after only 4 hours - but only to ask me whether I want a refund or the €€ added to my steam account. I quickly responded and even thanked them for reacting so fast. And now I come back from work and they still didn't do anything. Argh!

Same here.

I cancelled my pre-order yesterday and Valve responded after only 4 hours - but only to ask me whether I want a refund or the €€ added to my steam account. I quickly responded and even thanked them for reacting so fast. And now I come back from work and they still didn't do anything. Argh!

I cancelled my preorder yesterday and they haven't replied to me at all. I just want to play the thing!

It would be annoying, but also quite funny once we get the game, that by taking measures to get the game earlier we end up getting it later.

The difference is the price. Even if I'll have to wait longer, it was worth it.

However, Steam's support system is unacceptable. This whole internet only, no phone hotline thing seems to be the US idea of service. German companies don't do that. Infact, I'd be surprised if this craptastic service system is even legal over here. We're not talking about technical problems or sth, but about money.

Normally I also prefer having the box, but for a steamworks exclusive game I'm not bothered. I just went with the boxed copy from Amazon because it was cheaper. Its dispatched now and should be here tomorrow.

Though I do hate Amazon. I was browsing for Haribo sweeties ages ago and found this among my recommended items ....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002YB2H8G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Yummmmmmmmmy .... I had to have it :D

Same here.

Who did you flirt with to get a respon in 4 hours? Been waiting for about 29 hours now with no word :( Maybe I should update my query to them saying I want the money right away instead of the steam wallet thing.

Apparently they randomly pick which queries to answer.

You know, when that guy replied to my query I assumed he'd be tracking it - he asked me a question after all.

I actually like steam a lot, but this support system is disgustingly bad. I will make sure to avoid it in the future which means no more pre-orders for me. I'd rather pay 10% more instead of having to bother with this joke of a support service.

Who did you flirt with to get a respon in 4 hours? Been waiting for about 29 hours now with no word :( Maybe I should update my query to them saying I want the money right away instead of the steam wallet thing.

Great idea, i'll update my question right away

I have just bought the game with Mac Update. I received my activation key and everything seemed to be working perfectly except that I cannot activate the game since my Civ V vanilla has been bought through the App Store and not through Steam. Anyone knows a way around this?:(

To those who may be interested, I just wrote to Mac Update to inquire the possibility of a refund since it does not seem possible to get around my problem. I'll keep you updated as I sense that some of you might have got the same unpleasant surprise over the last few days ;)

Apparently they randomly pick which queries to answer.

You know, when that guy replied to my query I assumed he'd be tracking it - he asked me a question after all.

I actually like steam a lot, but this support system is disgustingly bad. I will make sure to avoid it in the future which means no more pre-orders for me. I'd rather pay 10% more instead of having to bother with this joke of a support service.

Agreed. I really hope we don't have to pay for their incompetence.

To those who may be interested, I just wrote to Mac Update to inquire the possibility of a refund since it does not seem possible to get around my problem. I'll keep you updated as I sense that some of you might have got the same unpleasant surprise over the last few days ;)

I think I read they won't refund... But take this with a grain of salt, I could be wrong.

However, as said, should I end up with two keys because of Steam not refunding me I will give away my second key here on the forum for free. Yay for the community :)

Woo! my refund kicked in, I get to play 5 hours before release :D

Congrats man, it's an awesome deal and a good message to Steam(I hope).

I've already recommended 2 friends getting the expansion from MacUpdate. Those bastards were indeed playing the game yesterday. And I'm still waiting for the customer suppert to get a bloody move on.

Me, bitter? nooo, not at all... :mad:

Still no friggin refund. Steam is useless. Surely I won't have to pay if they don't get round to cancelling before midnight, right? (I'll resist playing it to be sure).

I wish I knew more about international laws, cause I'm fairly sure if they followed danish law they still would have to give me the refund even if I used the product, as what I'm using isn't as much their product as it is my own product (In form of the second key). But US laws? I wouldn't know where to begin in that mess of a system.

Top Bottom