[Vote] (5-26) Nerf God of Stars and Sky

Approval Vote for Proposal #26

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you also misread what I suggested which is just 1 :c5faith: and :c5culture: Per tundra/snow Resource. Drop :c5food: from the pantheon entirely.

Pantheon will be slower if it works with the low :c5food: on polar starts to keep:c5citizen: low.

I think you also misread what I suggested which is just 1 :c5faith: and :c5culture: Per tundra/snow Resource. Drop :c5food: from the pantheon entirely.

Pantheon will be slower if it works with the low :c5food: on polar starts to keep:c5citizen: low.
Why? Tundra starts are usually very low on food (camps do not compensate for this enough). This pantheon helps to have decent food output for your cities.

That’s my precise point. What if it didn’t do that? What if the high culture was the main draw, and the pantheon didn’t also roll back the main restraint on tundra starts? You still have stuff like goddess of the home or Hunt if you are wanting to specifically compensate for :c5food: Food

I've now followed Stalker's suggestion and changed the proposal to
+1 :c5faith: Faith from Tundra/Snow tiles with resources, +1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture for every two worked Tundra/Snow tiles
Out of all the options we discussed, I like this one the most. I don't want to change this proposal a third time, if you prefer something else, feel free to make a CP.

+1 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5culture: Culture for every two worked Tundra/Snow tiles
Can you at least add the implementation of mixed tiles granting yields?

From a noob's perspective - I do feel it is bit overpowered but Tundra sucks- but this belief makes it tolerable/good although I recognize possibly too good- and while I understand the logic of PD's point - I think you need the food to make viable compared to other spots later game- especially if you are mostly Tundra- Seems like the ending proposal is a good compromise although I think I would vote both Yes/No _ because a lot of culture is fun......and working non resourced tundra is no bueno.

Tundra is compensated by having forests and deer scattered everywhere, and access to easily improvable luxuries (no chopping required). Relying on a pantheon (that can only be picked by one civ) to balance a start is not good.

Tundra is compensated by having forests and deer scattered everywhere, and access to easily improvable luxuries (no chopping required). Relying on a pantheon (that can only be picked by one civ) to balance a start is not good.
True..... and certainly good balance logic (which TBH is sometimes hard for me to get my arms around but I defintely prefer a challenge) -- just generally not a fan of tundra but that might be an old biase or I may just not have much play in tundra- in last two games tundra has been very good - in current game I had a huge amount of deer in one city - something like 7-8 deer so I went camp patheon because other cites were non tundra with some camps - and previous game I had mostly tundra and went tundra patheon - and I was super powerful early but I equated that to being Greece, starting location, and Silver-

Me too- the jungle's crazy nerf really hurt I mean IMO they were not good to begin with- lumber mills in forests are rough too but at least comparable to mines with other bonus yields- I'm sure these nerfs or balance adjustments were necessary (as I did read the posts on the change) and it has got me back to working mines but It was tough to get use to -- as lumber mills on forests used to be great with industry now I barely work them even with industry.

PS-- I do recognize this all highly subjective with my specific games -- I have not had many jungle starts and I've only played a few games since the lumber mill change but isolated jungles and forests seem not good.

What nerf? Didn't lumber mills get changed from +:c5production: per two adjacent lumber mills to +:c5gold::c5production: per two adjacent lumber mills and they can be built on jungles now?

Last edited:
Ok- I may be wrong then maybe it just in my mind- I'll take a look at the changes as I thought there was a reduction. I used love a lot of lumber mills and even logging camps served their purpose and now I never work them especially if they don't have the triangle - ( this may be just sample size bias as it is just my last 3 games) and I don't remember previous amounts -- but the jungles with the logging mill seemed to give more gold - (it is possible if you subsited .5 gold for Production it works out the same but does not feel the same) they just don't seem as good and worse and if you don't have the triangle - but I appreciate reply - .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom