5CC Regent Training Game

Killer- I would be interested in doing a Hawk02, but I was thinking about a
100k or 20k 5CC game. This game was kind of easy in that there wasn't any civs that were threating us or the resources that we needed. Babylon was close, but they didn't have any iron, so they were an easy target. Arabia was far away, & they didn't threaten us. I've played 5CC games where I was right in the middle of a continent, and enemy civs were all around me, and I was constantly fighting just to hold onto resources. I would like to learn how to coordinate a culture victory w/only 5 cities.
Does any one else want to do this?

Overseer- I meant not 5CC AW, just AW. And way to rub it in Choxorn's face! ;)

Tassle-Yeah, we need the formula.

Hawk- A 100K culture victory would be great if we had a trainer. 20K is easier than conquest actually, on lower levels.

20K on Emp would be a challenge. I once won an OCC Monarch using 20K, but I had a great start position, and was only surrounded by 2 rivals.

100k would be my 1st choice of game.

@Hawk: I like the 100k idea, it's easier in PTW with wonder-rushing MGL's. :rolleyes:

Also, I propose we should do Strict 5CC, where we can never have more than 5 cities at any time, for a bigger challenge.

@Overseer: A squadron of spec ops elites will be sneaking into your house shortly to steal that.

100k can be a real PITA, theres alot of culture building and surviving long enough to win isn't easy. Where were we in the game we just played for 100K? It might also run clear up to 2040, taking many more turn-sets. Read CBob03: Germans in tu-tus before embarking on 100k. 20K would be doable, especially in PTW with the ability to rush with MGL's. I would prefer 20K, myself.

Tassle, you have our end date in your sig wrong-our end date is about 3300 years later!

If 100K is not wanted, I would prefer AW, like Tassle said. 20K is easy in my experience on Regent. I'm not sure of your guys's comfort levels, but a 20k 5CC on monarch or above would be good with me.

For a challenge, here would be my preferred setting:

Map: Standard
VC: 20K, strict 5CC
Difficulty level: Monarch/Emp
Landmass: Pang, 60% normal temp
Barbs: Restless/Raging
Civ: I always like Egypt!

Egypt in PTW with the full Industrious trait would be good. We could have the capital pretty much building nothing but culture and multiplier buildings, with an aggressive but focused military generating a steady stream of MGL's rushing wonders. Seems like we'd need to look out for dog-piles. Monarch or Emperor would be fine for me.

100k can be a real PITA, theres alot of culture building and surviving long enough to win isn't easy. Where were we in the game we just played for 100K? It might also run clear up to 2040, taking many more turn-sets. Read CBob03: Germans in tu-tus before embarking on 100k. 20K would be doable, especially in PTW with the ability to rush with MGL's. I would prefer 20K, myself.

I disagree; surviving is easy. The PITA is in MMing the dozens (even hundreds) of cities necessary to produce all the culture you need.

If 100K is not wanted, I would prefer AW, like Tassle said. 20K is easy in my experience on Regent. I'm not sure of your guys's comfort levels, but a 20k 5CC on monarch or above would be good with me.

If you want a real challenge, try a strict 5CC going for 20k/100k simultaneous victory. Getting 20k in all five cities on the same turn will be rather tricky.

Our point was that strict 5CC going for 100k is even more of a PITA than a normal 100k.

I'd love to do an SG on Emperor. If we can get a trainer, I'd like strict 5CC with 20k VC on Emperor.

Otherwise, something on Monarch (AW! :drool: ) would be cool, too.

Tassle, have you been following Rat26? It's AWE, and they tend to be fast-moving, so if you become a regular lurker, you might get invited to participate in Rat 27. If not, we could make Hawk03 an AW game after finishing a 5CC 20K. There are other SG's that are similar to AW, like Buce02, and I hear they could use another player. Never fear, AW lives on this forum.

I know AW is common here, I just thought it would be cool to continue along the 5CC path, and add AW. 5CC AW Monarch (or even Regent) would be cool. Or 5BC AW.

As for Rat26, I'll start lurking, but I'm not ready for an AWE game yet- still struggling with my first Emperor game- starting near jungle is not fun!

I've found that you can thrive in SGs played at a slightly higher level than you feel comfortable with in your solo games. Assuming your teammates aren't afraid you'll lose the game for them, I'm all for hopping into a game a level above your normal comfort level. It really pushes you to learn.

I'm all for the Monarch/Emperor 20k or AW. I don't care which, but we have a concensus for one of them, it seems.

lurker's comment:
a 5CC 20K isn't all that more complex than a regular 5CC. You just have 20% fewer cities for military builds ;). If you worry about it, just make it a 6CC...

I'm voting for a 5CC 20K. The rest we can hash out.

I vote 20K emp 5CC-Challenge is good, especially surviving.

We all seem to consent, so whenever you're ready Hawk, get Hawk 02 thread going and roll up some starts maybe as:

(For All around greatness)
Egypt (Industrious, Religious)
Babylon (Religious, Sci)
Persia (Industrious, Sci, good UU)

For extra leader chances (and at the time of wonders like Sistine, Bach, and Leo's for usefulness):
Japan (Militaristic, Religious, good defensive, quick UU)
China (Militaristic, Industrious, fast, leaderspawing UU)

For coastal start (Colossus and lighthouse and less AI's around)
Spain (Seafaring, Religious

Edit: My order would be:
1. Egypt
2. Japan (Quite useful UU)
3. Persia
4. Babylon
5. Spain
6. China

Feel free to add your prefs to the list.

Uh- PTW- No Seafaring Trait! Spain would suck (As if they already didn't :rolleyes:)!

I would say Egypt would be the best choice, although Japan, Persia, and Babylon wouldn't be bad.

Top Bottom