Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Right now the UI uses "this city-state will approximately send you a troop in X turn." The approximation is +/- 3 Turns variance.

I can code it in the UI to display when they will send you the troops to the exact turn.

The rationale is that you have the ability to see the turn counter for a lot of things, when a tech is researched, when a policy will be unlocked, and when a unit/building is produced. Maybe the original intent for Firaxis developers was that you wouldn't pay gold to stabilize the alliance/friendship for a few more turns to get their unit then ignore them. Either way we can display this turn of when military city-state troops will arrive to join your army.

UI Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine by me. It's almost like the counter in your city telling you that your Archer will be finished in 4 turns. Why should City-States behave differently? You have my vote.
BTW, it will be only a "TXT_KEY" modification or something will be added/modified in CityStateStatusHelper.lua?

Fine by me. It's almost like the counter in your city telling you that your Archer will be finished in 4 turns. Why should City-States behave differently? You have my vote.
BTW, it will be only a "TXT_KEY" modification or something will be added/modified in CityStateStatusHelper.lua?
Both, it should be fairly easy to translate into if it passes.

Is this counter global? i.e. Will every CS send everyone units on the same turn? If yes this should be shown elsewhere, or even have a notification to forewarn like World Congress.

how does the gift interval even work currently?

One thing I've always wondered is.... since ally and friend give units at different intervals, is it possible to *delay* a CS gift by upgrading from friends to allies?
Example of how this could be possible:
Suppose friend gifts every 21 turns, and ally gifts a unit every 17 turns. Also suppose that friend gifts on turns 21, 42, 63, and ally gifts on turns 17, 34, 51.
now let's say you become friends at some point before turn 19, and then on turn 19 you become allies. Your next gift would be on turn 34 instead of turn 21.

I certainly hope this is not how it works currently.
If it does, it can get even worse: In the above example if you fall back to friends, on, say, turn 30, then you *also* miss the next ally gift turn, and your unit is further delayed.

Is this counter global? i.e. Will every CS send everyone units on the same turn? If yes this should be shown elsewhere, or even have a notification to forewarn like World Congress.
how does the gift interval even work currently?

One thing I've always wondered is.... since ally and friend give units at different intervals, is it possible to *delay* a CS gift by upgrading from friends to allies?
Example of how this could be possible:
Suppose friend gifts every 21 turns, and ally gifts a unit every 17 turns. Also suppose that friend gifts on turns 21, 42, 63, and ally gifts on turns 17, 34, 51.
now let's say you become friends at some point before turn 19, and then on turn 19 you become allies. Your next gift would be on turn 34 instead of turn 21.

I certainly hope this is not how it works currently.
If it does, it can get even worse: In the above example if you fall back to friends, on, say, turn 30, then you *also* miss the next ally gift turn, and your unit is further delayed.
19 turns for friends, 16 turns for allies, add 0-2 turns for randomness.

Halve timer for first ever unit spawn.

Doesn't tick down when unable to gift units.

I sponsor this.

So no more randomness? We will know exactly in advance when we receive the unit?

Still randomness, but you know exactly when you'll receive the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom