(6-CP) God of War Production Nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Current: Gain Faith = 175% of military CS you kill. +2 faith and +2 production from barracks.

Proposed: Reduced +2 production bonus on barracks to +1

Rationale: Even with the recent nerf, God of War is still the go to pantheon for warmongers. Part of the issue is that not only is it an incredible faith driver, it actually gives a very solid production base on a building the warmonger always wants. We can reduce this a bit more and still have the pantheon be an excellent one....just not a gimme.

Database Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I think this is the wrong direction. This makes the pantheon almost nothing but faith. The faith generation is very strong, yes, but 1 production per city is the smallest non-faith bonus of any pantheon. "God of War is the pantheon you take when you want buckets of faith and nothing else" just seems wrong to me.

Hm, I think this is the wrong direction. This makes the pantheon almost nothing but faith. The faith generation is very strong, yes, but 1 production per city is the smallest non-faith bonus of any pantheon. "God of War is the pantheon you take when you want buckets of faith and nothing else" just seems wrong to me.
Why is having a few strong faith generating pantheons that focus on faith itself bad? I mean if you want hammers there are several other pantheon options for you.

I would be more in favor of shifting the "+X prod" to "+Y% prod when training units". Get away from a fairly insignificant general bonus in favor of a very directed bonus on something the pantheon wants to be doing anyway.

I think it's fine (and good) to have pantheons that focus very heavily on faith, just as there are some that give almost no faith but strong other yields. I just think that it's weird thematically for god of war to be the one.

What's wrong with the war pantheon being the pantheon you want to get when you want to do a lot of war?

We don't nerf the desert pantheon because it is a gimmie when you have a strong desert start or the tundra pantheon because it's a gimmie when you have a ton of good tundra tiles.

What's wrong with the war pantheon being the pantheon you want to get when you want to do a lot of war?

We don't nerf the desert pantheon because it is a gimmie when you have a strong desert start or the tundra pantheon because it's a gimmie when you have a ton of good tundra tiles.
I would argue that "going war" is a lot more common than "I got a great desert start"

I sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom