(6-CP) Weaken City's Religious Pressure in Your Owned Era + Different Scaling : 2nd edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarcomu

King
Counterproposal to (6-59a) by Enginseer, with slightly adjusted numbers.

As a reminder, from (6-59) by Pineappledan :
Current :
  • All cities produce 6.5 pressure per turn passively for the majority religion in that city.
  • This pressure travels along trade routes and uses trade route logic. It drops off gradually with distance.
  • Trade route distance bonuses from roads, railroads, caravansaries and techs increase the number of cities any receiving city is exposed to.

Proposed here :
Base pressure have been reduced to 6 (easier to do math on it), and is fully taken into account across Eras and Gamespeed :
Pre-RenaissanceRenaissance (150%)Industrial (200%)Modern (300%)Atomic (400%)Information (500%)
Marathon (weakens by -0.25)2.01.91.71.51.21.0
Epic (weakens by -0.5)4.03.73.53.02.52.0
Standard (weakens by -0.75)6.05.65.24.53.73.0
Quick (weakens by -1.125)9.08.47.96.75.64.5

Note that it is technically also a nerf to early passive pressure as well (roughly 8%).

Complex Proposal: DLL + Database Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is the difference between your counterproposal and the original?

Pressure values, they are not the same. Also, original proposal have some miscalculation in it, and pressure is not equivalent between game speeds.

EDIT : To be clearer, in my proposal there is a strict rule regarding different game speed : epic is always 2/3 of standard, marathon is always 1/3, and quick always 1.5 of standard.
Also, refer to my post pointing some errors in calculation. They have not been adjusted in original proposal.

Last edited:
EDIT : To be clearer, in my proposal there is a strict rule regarding different game speed : epic is always 2/3 of standard, marathon is always 1/3, and quick always 1.5 of standard.
Also, refer to my post pointing some errors in calculation. They have not been adjusted in original proposal.
Yes, this is correct, the pressure isn't equivalently modified to their game speed in the original proposal.

On another note, I will sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom