6otM 02 After Actions

Both my first immortal game and first cultural game as well. I am quite happy for a win, plus the time is not worse than my previous science victories. Immortal seems surprisingly easy compared to Civ5 (though I played mostly Deity there). I didn't feel threatened for the win at any point really, though I had no clue when I would reach cultural victory here, as I don't know the mechanics behind it. America declared on me a few turns before my surprising victory, but that and all other declarations were lame. I had a fleet of 4-5 submarines who dominated the seas. Didn't capture any cities though.

I had 6 good cities on my continent and one intruding Indian ctiy there as well. I successfully prevented settlings for a long time, but in the end didn't care too much if India got a piece of a frozen tundra that actually resembles my native country Finland.

Gorgo seems to be quite a strong leader.

Does anybody know the logic in what is determined to be one continent and what is another? In this game two continents (and small inslands) were counted all as Asia, which I think removes some bonuses from civics. In some games I have "discovered another continent" that is in reality part of the same one.

Attachments

• GORGO 321 1900 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 249
Cultural victory on Turn 303 /304 - with 714 points.

Spoiler CV :

The detailed strategy till turn 100: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6otm-02-opening-actions.605164/page-2#post-14595899

- How many cities did you settle or capture?

Initially settled 6, later captured 5 more American and founded 3 more for strategic reasons, resources or nice beaches.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?

- Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.
I managed to get religion, by building holy site fast and having devine spark, but actually till mid/late game I struggled to spread it around my empire and I am not aware of any benefits .

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Culture objective?

As I was writing very detailed im my opening report, although leading science before turn 100, and soon even leading in score, it looked to me that catching up America in culture "peacefully" would be very hard ... so again WAR seemed essential for a clear and easy victory, but at the same time WAR ruins the game due to weak AI - Please Firaxis FIX this!!
To give some example: As America had city defence 40 allready in turn 100, and soon even bigger (55, 60, 65) .... I waited till after turn 160-170 having infantries and artillery/ observation Baloon before atacking .... and during the whole war, America only defended itself with city defence and pretended it is fighting NO war (!!!) probabbly producing cultural buildings and/or wondres, because during 40 - 50 turns of war they produced ONE Crossbow and ONE Horseman, 2 builders, 1GP and a few apostles and missionaries !! (Sadly they had another isolated city on the other side of the world so war took longer).
A civ in war producing only two units during a WAR?? Is it really so hard to adjust AI?? It is really a pitty to see a fantastic series, to see a game with sooo many nice concepts and ideas to SUFFER due to the issue that AI is not even capable of waging esential war strategies?? I dont want to sound rude, because I really try hard to continue to love this game ... but civ 5 failed to deliver a decent single player experience ...and hopefully it will not be the same in civ 6 - hopefully Firaxis has still time and the urge to improve this crucial aspect :undecide:
After conquering America the "feeling" of the game was ruined - GAME OVER - , Greece was faaaar ahead in every single aspect of the game, and it was just 50 -60 more mechanical hitting "end of turn", building some more cultural buildings, beaches, archeologists,... I lost even interest to "optimize" for faster finish .... waiting just to finaly END.

- Were City-States helpful?

Found them pretty late, but later I had in every science and industrial Cs 3 or 6 envoys ..and 4-5 suzerian - so YES it was a nice bonus for sure.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

Surprised how bad the AI fights a WAR!

- worth mentioning
Thanks to this great site, and all Your reports (especially elitetroops and DanQuayle) I allready had a chance to leran quite a lot. I would like to point out the strategy of beelining and then go back for the ONE TURN techs (using some overflow, as I understood it). Here a few screenshots showing this process where Greece advanced for 6-7 techs in just 6-7 turns during mid game thanks to a GP, building up the lead and fast reaching military techs for the planned war with America. This game I needed to build my science just to around 350 science/turn but I advanced, thanks to this strategy I could use multiple times, almost as fast as in GotM 1 where I spammed campuses and sci buildings to over 750/turn but did NOT beeline but followed a in game logic of advancing.
Spoiler example of using GP to advance one tech per turn :

So I used GP after researching Astronomy (and even another tech) to 1 more turn, used GP in turn 155 ...and 6 turns later, in turn 161 I had 6 more techs ... being still on ONE tech per turn (gunpowder)

- Did you enjoy the game?
The first 150 turns I really enjoyed, and I really want to honor all the nice concepts, the graphics, the ideas behind civilization 6, BUT I am surprised that I had the discipline to actually finish the game after being insulted by ONE crossbow and ONE horseman in the war against America against my artillery and infantry army - so after investing my time of building my empire and strategizing, and enjoying the challenge on immortal, .... the AI did not even border with a minimum on trying to stay in the game, to defend and to deliver at least a "illusion" that I deserved a victory and that it was worth playing :undecide:

Stay CIVILIZED and sorry for grammar, but my autocorrect was not working and English is NOT my mother tounge.

Attachments

• GORGO 303 1864 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
T 223 CV, Score of 831

I really enjoyed this map but made several mistakes as I'm still new to cultural victories. Definitely a sub optimal strategy and also ignored city growth but even my 4 pop city of Knossus was pumping out 81 cogs with nearby factories+plants. Just a note that my game crashed around turn 157 so had to reload. Using fall patch 1.0.0.38

Settled 8 cities on my private island :) Captured many more after I built up my core navy of 7 Frigates and 2 Caravels. Later upgraded to Battleships and Ironclads.

AH->Mining->Pottery->Writing->Currency->Apprenticeship->Mass Production then up to Square Rigging, then Industrialization and then beeline for Radio. After that I decided to go for Steel and build the Eiffel Tower then go to Computers. Unfortunately I missed out on the 2nd GE for building wonders and still not sure how. History shows he never appeared. Anyway that meant I had to spend about 35 turns building it in capital while spending 35 turns in Rhodes for Cristo.

Not really. But after taking so many cities with lots of faith regen I was able to buy one broadcast tower and something else I forget with faith.

- How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Culture objective?
Just enough to have fun and to cause pain for every cultural leader and to make space for many seaside resorts. Took out America(not Washington though) then England then Japan then India. Took out Rome just because I got sick of Trajan demanding that I hand him over all my resources for nothing in return.

Oh of course! Seoul and Toronto especially and the +42 gpt with policy.

Indeed! Thank you for setting it up. I enjoyed it a ton. Having your own island with lots of production while the civs had garbage cities with no production seemed a little unfair but oh well :) One funny note is I had a horseman scouring every corner of the map and on the 2nd to last turn he was awarded with a goody hut that gave him the Holy Grail :)

Attachments

• GORGO 223 1560 AD WIN.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 198
  • CivilizationVI 2016-12-11 20-46-01-45.png
    CivilizationVI 2016-12-11 20-46-01-45.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Result: Turn 318 Culture Victory 1894AD Score 594 (Warren G. Harding)

Settled 11. Captured none. Expanded twice close to England, but kept them as allies.

Nothing specific, just going for things I had already boosted.

No, did not get one, and did not care about conversions as none of them were dominating over the others.

Did not start any wars. Wrecked America’s army after he declared against me - but did not try to take any of his cities - they were too strong at the time, and war weariness set in before I could get to Battleships (I assume those work well to capture cities - like in Civ5).

Yes, the one that gives you 2 culture for each district on the coast gave a really big boost in this game. It leapt me ahead of America in culture and I never looked back.

I was scared when America declared war on me (this is Immortal after all), because I am usually under-prepared when people declare war on me. But, his offense was underwhelming. He had a large navy before the war, but I never saw it come into action...not sure what happened there.

Yup. Being able to compete and succeed at Immortal level was a thrill. But, I am seeing what people mean when they are not impressed with the AI...

Attachments

• CivVI_6otM02_1892 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 230
Victory turn 397 -Veeery late

First of all, this was the first Game of The Month I played ever! Civilization's official page on Facebook shared the chalenge so I decided to give it a try. Also, I had never played an Immortal game before in any Civ Game and I had only tried Prince in Civ 6 until now. Surprisingly, I won the game! I guess I made a lot of mistakes though.

The biggest mistake of all: I didn't put a single turn on projects for great people. WTF? All I got the whole game was 2 artists, a few writers and musicians. I didn't pay attention to the Great People available at all. I didn't realize that was the most important thing to win a culture game. Also, I didn't invest on military until very late. Actually, if the AI were more aggressive, I would have lost this game for sure. They were much more stronger than I was almost the whole game; For example, there were a moment when America declared war on me. Teddy sent only two units inside my territory, but all my units together couldn't kill them. ALL MY UNITS TOGETHER COULDN'T KILL TWO AMERICAN UNITS. These two units could have taken Sparta by themselves! But then, he accepted to make peace for an expensive price -I paid him 90 gold per turn.

What really saved me was the Venetian Army wonder. That is awesome for maps like this. Only because of this wonders, I could make a good amount of submarines and battleships to attack America, Japan and India, so they wouldn't win by science. So I basically strugled the whole game to capture cities with wonders and created lots of sea resorts. Next time I'll know better to play a culture game.

Attachments

• Civ6_6otM02 GORGO 397 1976 AD.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 155
T365 (1944AD - submitted save is from start of next turn) with a score of 865

20 cities in total at the end.
9 were on the starting island.
7 were from India (3 captured plus 4 additional ceeded in peace treaty).
4 off the initial island: one on a one square island to control strait between British/Greece, one for niter (and luckily it turns out, also aluminium), one to 'project power' through a nearby straight towards Rome/India (luckily also including oil later) and one near my Indian conquests in the late stages of the game to nab 2 important uranium reserves).

Tried to exploit boosts wherever possible to keep pace.

The AI players appeared to fight over it quite a bit, with apostles and missionaries ranging back and forth across Greek territory zapping each other. Pretty much ignored religion, except I think I rushed a GP with some faith at one point. No one AI player seemed likely to dominate over the others, so was no fear of a religious victory being snatched by the AI.

Only declared war once in the closing stage of the game as the Indians appeared to be heading for a scientific victory, as well as posing the biggest military threat both in numbers and sophistication. I had been declared friends with them for many years, so the road to war became a slow disengagement of not renewing friendship, followed by a denouncement as my armada moved to around 5 turns from arriving on their shores! As it turned out spy operations would have probably been sufficient to check their progress - after this spies kept the Japanese. Americans and Romans in check whilst protecting Sparta and my own spaceport at home, though i left a considerable force sitting off the Japanese coast in case the situation changed. Surprisingly I continued to attract tourists from India and Japan despite my more aggressive posture towards them in the late game!! Somehow I resisted the temptation to click the red button with any 3 of my nukes! So warring just to stop AI victory on other victory conditions. America was the only serious threat from a tourism perspective, and with only 3 cities and a modest military...

Some of the suzerain benefits were very useful, especially Toronto which supercharged the effect of district clustering, Buenos Aires in converting bonus resources to an amenity boost, Hattusa for securing strategic resources in a hurry and Lisbon for protection of traders at sea (a big source of wealth in latter half of the game allowing the support of a military force three times the size of the next largest. Main general benefit was the move to 3 and 6 envoys in industrial, financial, science and culture city-states to maximise my investment in districts.

When I did start meeting the AI players I was concerned that i was very far behind militarily and could not see at that point how cultural victory would be possible. The British were one of the most powerful and declared war on me, though I think were also at that time pre-occupied with another war and in the end settled for peace on favourable terms - probably since the advent of war prompted a big push to close the military gap.
The Indian capitulation: after having offered absurdly unattractive peace deals like "you can keep 2 of my cities if you give me 9000 gold, all your luxuries AND 300 gold per turn", to suddenly offering to cede ALL their remaining cities apart from new capital, ALL their gold plus a few hundred gold per turn AND all their luxuries... I of course took this deal so I could then move my forces on to harass the technologically equal but militarily weak Japanese.

Yes, though in the last 50 or so turns it became a bit of a slog edging past the Americans on culture and then steadily notching up the tourists turn by turn until the threshold for victory was reached. By this point pretty much all the GPs were gone, and used tourist resorts and started using the Indian cities for archaeologists - though never needed them in the end. Following some of the very useful threads on civfanatics on building cities close enough together to get multiplied amenity and production benefits from some entertainment and industrial district improvements, once these started to kick in the main island of the empire seemed like a humming powerhouse compared to the AI which was more scattered in its city building and unable to get the benefit of entertainment and industrial overlap to the same extent. Thanks for setting it up!!

Attachments

• GORGO 366 1945 AD GOTM.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 181
Cultural Victory, AD1914, Turn335, Score 545

(had to replay last 4-5 turns bacause i forgot to make a final save.)

My first GoTM and my 2nd game in CIV 6. I have played all civ games since CIV 2 to a different extent. I have never tried to optimise my gmae, so this is a (almost 20 years late) start for me.. .haha
the game was a peaceful affair, with a lot of civilopedia reading, and trying to figure out the district placement. My main approach was to try and get acropolis everywhere, get a lot of great people and works, and get the main culture related Wonders.

Settled 8 cities, 7 on the starting island and 1 more at the late game to get Aluminum. I understand now that I built very few and sparce cities. The power plant effect is HUGE!!

I prioritized getting all the district techs. Then i went for Radio. I was guided by the Eureka bonuses, but I did neglect the navy and military techs to my disadvantage. For policies i went for Political philosoply, went to classical republic and staed there until i switched to Democracy.

I tried halfheartedly to get a religion, and spread it, but it was a bad attempt and cost me a lot of resources for little gain. I even got the Christo Redentor, but my religion was not popular.

I did no offensive war whatsoever, but had to recapture Knossos from the Japanese, as they caught me by surprise with caravels (they can now conquer a city all by their own now, that was a BIG surprise!!)

I was very late to build caravels and find most of them. Hatussa was very useful with the resources. and Brussels helped me build 3 wonders .

Yes, I learned a lot. the best part was the "cultural cold war with the Americans. I got a couple of master spies from stealing his great works and funds.
The implementation of espionage is very nice and FUN!!.

going to download section for GoTM#3...

Spoiler T103 my initial "expansion" :
upload_2016-12-14_18-45-18.png

Spoiler T241 when I realize I have to try hard to win this. :
upload_2016-12-14_19-52-59.png

Spoiler if only I could tear down that supersized statuesque emparrassment... :
upload_2016-12-14_19-44-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-14_19-26-33.png
    upload_2016-12-14_19-26-33.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 190
  • upload_2016-12-14_19-41-51.png
    upload_2016-12-14_19-41-51.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 197
  • GORGO 334 1913 AD.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 188
  • upload_2016-12-14_20-9-2.png
    upload_2016-12-14_20-9-2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 198
T370/371 CV, score 606 or something like that

8 settled cities, on the starting island only.

Did not go in with a plan, aimed too late for Radio and Computers.

First mistake - tried to go after religion. Missed it, of course, and did not care about it afterwards. Observed with amusement some religious battles between other AIs on my soil.

Very little, apart from fighting a massive barb onslaught in the beginning, and then some chasing after Harald's and Pedro's ships, after they declared war on me for some reason. Should have done more, of course, the culture from all those killed barbs was noticeable.

I guess, yes, a bit.

Missed one barb scout at the beginning and was caught a bit off guard, when the camp just NW of Sparta started spawning all those horsemen and horse-archers. God, that was awful, horrible, it went full Attila on me. Lost a few archers, and a couple hoplites to them, until I finally built the walls and enough troops to deal with them. Ugh, they pretty much set me back a good few dozens of turns and more for the finishing time. Major oversight from my part.

Yes, despite the unfortunate barb episode and a lot of clicking 'next turn' towards the end, it was a good learning opportunity. Became aware of the tourism boosting policy cards and all that :)

Attachments

• CivVI_6otM02_win_371 1950 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 215
GOTM2 – Victory Turn 315, Score 654
Achieved a Cultural Victory after turn 315. Started out slowly (as discussed in my Turn 100 post, spent too long fighting barbs before developing my cities). By turn 170 I was feeling pretty good, had industrial districts in my core cities, finished Forbidden Palace. By turn 200 I had a solid lead in overall score, but I saw that Japan was actually beating me in Tourism. I started to ramp up museums, but got caught up in several mid-game wars. After that, I focused on culture/tourism and started pulling away.

How many cities did you settle or capture?
Settled 9, captured 2. I started with six on my main island, then settled two on the island to the east for resources (Niter and Oil), and another to the south. Captured Alesund after Norway settled on my island and then declared war, same with Ahmadabad from India when they settled on the eastern island and declared on me.
Spoiler Final Map :
315Map.jpg

What did you prioritize for research and policies?
After my early drive for Industrialization, I went back and picked up some techs on the lower branch for defense (Engineering, Iron, Machinery to get Crossbows). The mid-game wars caused me to get a few more military techs, but generally I was pushing for Computers. Policies focused on culture buildings and improving my government type, I ended up in Merchant Republic for a long time, the extra wildcard slots helped me use military policies when I needed them without changing governments. By the end my culture was so high I had cleared the tree and was alternating between Globalization and Social Media every 4 turns (I think I hit them each at least 8 times). Research wasn’t as far, after Computers I was slogging thru the space techs but not in a hurry.

I did prioritize Espionage related policies, especially when I saw Japan had an early lead in the tourism race. I learned from one of my previous games, when I was going for a Science win and saw Russia going for culture, that stealing Great Works is a great way to shift the tourism tide. I think I stole 6-7 great works by the end, which also helped me get theming bonuses (because they were from different artists).

Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.
Not really, although my lands were a massive battlefield for religious warfare between England (Confucian) and India and America, they mostly cancelled each other out. As long as neither took a major lead, I was fine with that. I did accumulate a bunch of faith from a Holy Site in captured Alesund, that I couldn’t do much with.

How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Culture objective?
I didn’t initiate any. I tried to keep good relations with everyone, but after decades of Harald denouncing me, he convinced Japan to join him in a surprise war:
Spoiler Japan War :

228_Japan.jpg

Ironic, only a few days after the Pearl Harbor anniversary, and Japan launches a sneak attack on my harbor in Sicyon :eek:

It took a few turns of moving forces around, but I had field guns and muskets against Harald’s swords and I took Alesund, rounding out my home island. I sank a couple Japanese ships, but never saw any ground forces, and got a treaty after about 15 turns.

Then, just when I thought it was safe to re-focus on culture, Teddy declared on me (because of my Niter city on his continent). It took time to get forces over to that continent, but I gradually beat back his Cav corps and took a peace deal without taking any cities.

Good timing for me, as devious Ghandi decided to declare on me a couple turns later (turn 243) – due to HIS city on the same continent. Luckily I had my cannons nearby from finishing the American war, so I was able to defeat his forces and take Ahmadabad pretty easily. He also talked Brazil into joining the fight, but I never saw one of their units, and eventually got a peace deal with both.
Spoiler India War :

243India.jpg

Were City-States helpful?
Yes, but I don’t think I got as much from them as I could. I tended to try to get at least 3 envoys with each, for the district benefits, but didn’t stay Suzerain with any except Nan Madal. After reading some of the descriptions I think I would have been better to focus on a few and get/keep Suzerain status, then I could also use some of the city-state policies better.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Didn’t realize builders couldn’t demolish a district, so I was stuck with a Holy Site in Alesund, which blocked the perfect Natural Park along the Cliffs of Dover - after I spent 1600 faith on a Naturalist! L I also didn’t realize until late in the game how critical Open Borders and Trade Routes were for tourism, I had read it earlier but kind of forgot (and it doesn’t help that there’s no notification when an Open Borders expires).

I realized that you get the policy to build Archeology Museums well before the policy to build Archeologists….:crazyeye: So I ended up carrying a couple empty museums for a couple dozen turns.

For the first time, I was beaten to a wonder (Broadway, by Japan – another reason I wanted to steal their great works!). But I was expecting a pop-up or something – instead I just got the usual icon that someone had built a wonder, and then as I was doing my ‘Choose Production’ I noticed Athens was awaiting a project and had a big empty hex next to the Acropolis… Also it seems we don’t get any gold or production when we get beat – is that right? Makes it a bigger gamble, at least in Civ V we got a bunch of gold IIRC. :confused:

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was my first Civ 6 game at Immortal, and first try for a cultural victory. I felt a little frustrated because I knew I wasn’t being very efficient in going after the tourism, but I learned a lot. I was able to keep good relations with England and Rome throughout, one of my objectives was to avoid a pile-on against Immortal-level AIs. It was interesting to see the variation in the AI development- Japan was strong in culture and science (even with only a handful of cities), England had a large empire but seemed to be lagging, Norway, India and Brazil remained an era or two behind most of the time.
Spoiler Culture Graph :

315CultureGraph.jpg

Attachments

• GORGO 315 1888 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
won turn 190
save attached - will write something later

hm - cant upload file for whatever reason atm

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

gotm2_tommynt_191t_win.Civ6Save

Going to have to admit defeat on this one. The pre-Christmas period has just been too busy for me to finish in time.

But to be honest I'm 99% sure I was going to lose anyway. Just past turn 300 and Teddy was steam-rollering his way to a cultural victory. I considered taking the fight to him militarily - as I now see others did - but unfortunately America was also the last bulwark against a potential Gandhi religious victory, which with no religion of my own I had no realistic way to counter. So it was catch 22.

Overall I enjoyed the game, with the exception of a big click-fest in the mid 200s as I tried to get my culture up. In general I think I had two main failings. One I was too cautious - given it was my first game on such a high difficulty I expanded only at a moderate pace and built a larger army than I needed in what turned out to be an entirely peaceful game. And secondly, this may sound weird, but I put too much stock on gaining culture to achieve a cultural victory! I had loads of acropolis's and a number of unfilled art museums because I couldn't get GA's fast enough post-patch. But I think a much more effective strategy would have been to put less in to culture, more in to science, beeline radio and then spam resorts. Lesson learned for another time, although it's still hard to get my head around exactly how the culture victory works, despite the many helpful threads on here.

Looking forward to the next culture game though. And in the meantime hoping Christmas holidays will provide more chance for me to get in to 6otm 3 and 4.

T330 (1909AD) - 583 score

8 cities settled, 0 cities captured.
Very low research, basically just getting computers/radio for the tourism boosts.
Complete policy tree. Focused on getting governments with yellow/purple slots and getting policies that enhances theatre districts and provided great work leader points.
I had a religion, but didn't spread it and hardly had to fight off any invading missionaries.
No warring at all. India/Norway declared war on me about a dozen turns before the game ended but it didn't accomplish anything for anyone.
City states were pretty irrelevant. I didn't even find any early!
No real surprises.
I had fun!

I was not used to island games, and found it a little odd that despite having no units, no boats, and no tech that would provide useful units that I didn't get attacked. India was the only civ that seemed to be doing much of anything, and I guess it helped that they can't really declare war.

I was also not really sure how acceptable it was to stream the game, so I started on the 14th and didn't really finish on the 15th in my time zone. Hope I'm not too late! (twitch.tv/thegreatziggyny)

Attachments

• CivVI_6otM02_POSTGAMESAVE_Zig.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 203
Just finished. Turn 305 culture win.

How many cities did you settle or capture?
14 settled

What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Suzerain of Nan Midol, had to fight with Teddy for it constantly. I had to slot in Gunboat Diplomacy for a good portion of the game to earn envoys fast enough to keep pace w/ him.
1672364938042.png

Did religion come into play in your game, please explain.
No

How much warring did you do? Was it effective in supporting your Culture objective?
None. Since we were on a secluded island I just focused on settling. I think I built 1 archer and 2 scouts and managed to clear the island of barbs. Had a few galleys to explore but never bought anything else. I made friends with everyone but Teddy and Harold and eventually allied them so neither player would think about going into a war with me or else the whole world was against them.

Were City-States helpful?
Nan Midol was my main focus once I saw them in the game. I prioritized getting suzerain of them as soon as I discovered them and tried to settle a lot of coastal cities that could have an adjacent acropolis and harbor.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
I was surprised how useful spies were. I was able to steal about 10+ great works from Teddy.

Did you enjoy the game?
Loved it! Great fun.

1672363930581.png

1672367813427.png

Attachments

• 6otm 02.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
No. 2 down - CV turn 230 or 229 if you believe the HoF. Score 683.

Spoiler :
1712219749662.png

Spoiler :
1712219792229.png

20. Settled 13 and captured 7. 1 from England mid game then totalled the Americans.

Mysticism for the Oracle, which I probably underused actually, then Conservation for national parks. Flight into Radio for seaside resorts, then Computers which is massive in the base game with the 100% tourism boost. In hindsight science should have been a much higher priority as that one tech really blows everything else away.

Decided early not to pursue a religion so no, but failure to build enough holy sites meant I didn't have the faith economy to churn out naturalists when I needed them.

Early settler snipe off England and took out a city too. Somehow stole 2 settlers off the US thanks to good old Civ 6 AI. Mid game launched a long and fairly attritional war against America as the runaway culture leader. Pre built quadriremes into frigates and cleaned up all the coastal cities, unlocking the 4th tier promotion allowing bombardment of the inland capital. I actually meant to keep the US in the game for longer to keep the tourists coming in but took Washington via fat fingers - a happy accident in the end as there were 4 or 5 great works which probably sped things up.

None in particular but Greece's bonus envoys meant almost all were vassals near the end which helped greatly with yields.

America ran away with culture early, I'm still not really sure how, hence their violent demise. I was eyeing up a win around turn 225 when Ghandi, the new culture leader, suddenly added over 20 domestic tourists in a turn, hit a load of eurekas I guess? I dealt with that via swearing loudly. The biggest surprise was unlocking the Ultramar Português achievement somehow??

Yeah, I've never really liked the rock band mini game in gathering storm as it reduces culture wins to chance imo, so it was good to be forced to do without that crutch

Attachments

• AutoSave_0230.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom