6otM 108 AAR

Sacrificial martyrs I guess, just my standard optimism of the human condition.

I see. I was just wondering if you had a particular historical example in mind where someone who had just achieved heroic status had his throat slit by his own civilization (for the purpose of increasing its cultural hegemony through his relic, lol).

I see. I was just wondering if you had a particular historical example in mind where someone who had just achieved heroic status had his throat slit by his own civilization (for the purpose of increasing its cultural hegemony through his relic, lol).
‘Civilization’ no but it is a very Greek type of thought, Hercules was not intentionally killed for his bow and arrows but the tragedy is there. I was at the time thinking of religious types, and imagining if some jealous other of the order kills them and then uses a relic of them to form their own heroic intentions. It would not surprise me at all if this has happened.
The thought tickles me because jealousy is such a powerful motive as is fame. I feel a religious historian could find a suspicious example in one of the thousands of martyrs out there.
But yes, a GOTM relic creating slaughterhouse is taking it a bit far. I was surprised this was possible.... for a minute or two.

Sounds plausibly Aztec to me!

I always wonder how much of what we think we know about Aztec culture is colored by the folks who had every incentive to make them appear worthy of extermination.

I always wonder how much of what we think we know about Aztec culture is colored by the folks who had every incentive to make them appear worthy of extermination.

"No good, I've known too many Spaniards", eh? I'm not reliant on the reports of Conquistadors and Missionaries. Like most cultures, some surprisingly advanced characteristics, some horrific. The Civ VI uniques for Aztecs are a pretty good barebones representation.

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom