1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 13 Opening Action

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Ancient Mariner Supporter

I think I am at turn 100 for Medieval start (turn 235 on screen). Settled 1SE over river on turn 2 after scouting with archer. Second city on coastal river to NW. Built 2 settlers very quickly and built RN dockyards in all. I focused on maritime and military development, not bothering with religion. Explored with scout and galley whilst building up to a frigate navy for “expansion”. Was DoW jointly by Spain and India around turn 60 (including Amsterdam which was vassal to Spain). Initially I kept on the defensive until a force of 4 frigates, 1 caravel and 2 GAdm was assembled and overran Amsterdam, 2 Spanish cities to N and a juicy Indian city to NE. Have just made peace with India but plan to capture Madrid before making peace with Spain.

I am raking in money from my dockyards and trade routes. I currently have 10 cities (1 bought a settler to cover the Natural Wonder to SE and settled a captured barb settler on a small silver-laden island well to the S). I am top in score but need to start focusing more on cultural development soon:- my first Archeological Museum is complete and I am beelining towards archaeologists.

The pattern of Continents is very odd and didn’t really allow much early leverage of England’s benefits in this area. Greece, Arabia and America seem to be the major competition:- the latter two are giving Brazil a hard time. I plan to establish cities on each continent but uncertain as to how far to take conquest at this stage (need to provide some more entertainment for the people first).