6otM 19 After Action

Can one of you who won in less than 200 do a lets play lol.I've been reading what you've posted here and using some of the information in a replay and I'm still nowhere close to what you've done.

It would be a slow moving game because you have to each turn double check everything and think strategy. You have to look ahead for those Eurekas... I cannot stress enough that its really about getting knights out as early as possible with a ram. To do this you need the eurekas.
for example I missed the second continent eureka and on replay you would have to be lucky and go directly west with a scout to get it in time. Getting the encampment early helps with 2 eurekas and then a few projects to get a GG makes your knights super fast and stronger... also your crossbows. It is really all about that get them up fast and conquer fast.

Avoiding too many workers before Feudalism and getting the Pyramids (you can take them off Cleo in this game which I also stupidly did not do) helps. Getting 6 charge workers and then chopping late speeds up those districts which you then just put into pushing projects. Nothing else matters, avoid growing cities more than they have to by putting on to more productive and less food oriented tiles.

Take every city apart from one off a civ and they are nerfed for culture. In my game I did not bother with India or Cleo and did not really have anough knights to take all of Trajan fast enough so just sat back and pushed culture until I won. It was not hard

The first 50-70 turns are critical, especially in this GOTM where speed matters. If you look at lilylancer he has taken every civ down so fast they onlky have 20-30 domestic tourists at the end of the game and he had chopped superbly

Can one of you who won in less than 200 do a lets play lol.I've been reading what you've posted here and using some of the information in a replay and I'm still nowhere close to what you've done.

2 main factors for a traditional CV

1: Papal Primacy City State+50% religion bonus
This one is too useful.

2: Neighborhood gold for archealogists.
Neighborhoods grant too much gold.
This allows you to get archealogists initially instead of wait turns for their production.

These 2 factors are important in other victory conditions like SV, too.
Or for a relic CV

3:You can use Relic CV, only Relic*3 belief and Mt.St Michel is needed. You spam temples to store relics, and campuses for computer. In this case you have to keep an AI civ develop well to produce apostles for you to sacrifice.

(By the way, since all of these 3 cannot be reached by Kongo, Kongo is certainly a negative Civ even for all victory conditions)

Last edited:
How early do you get a religion for papal primacy? How much gold do you get per city from neighborhoods on average?

@Lily_Lancer A couple of questions.

Roughly what turn did you get knights?
Do you dump the neighbourhoods as soon as you get the cards?

You victory is very impressive, on replay I found the enemy capitulation of cities just was ridiculous and I got down to T135, do you think that's just made domination way too easy.

You victory is very impressive, on replay I found the enemy capitulation of cities just was ridiculous and I got down to T135, do you think that's just made domination way too easy.

1: Maybe T62 Mercaneries? Or T59?
In fact Mercaneries is not the main issue in this game, since
I don't know how it works but it seems that in this patch AI is likely to give up cities to strong military Civs even if they don't fight that much but just declared war with each other. So with fewer than usual military units you achieve the same effect.
2: In fact I mainly use them after Conservation, so there're more money due to the appeal issue. (Since I constructed museums myself, this takes time. I just try to purchase the archealogist as soon as a museum is finished.) Anyway make artifacts match the Cultural Heritage+ Computer timeline.

Maybe Whacker comes up with a faster victory? He seems to be playing this map for many weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :).Lily did you roll through with just the two knights?I may have built too many units because I was afraid of getting rolled by Teddy.

Last edited:

By the way, I experienced a weird endgame bug that on my 1st approach I don't get a victory even if I reached the needed number of tourists several turns. At T120 I'm at 35/22 and still don't win. So I reloaded from T115 and the 2nd time works well to win at T118/119(at T118 I reached the tourist thershold.)

I don't know at what situations will such bug occur. I believe this is a bug like game crash so I'm obeying the GOTM rules.

Thanks guys :).Lily did you roll through with just the two knights?I may have built too many units because I was afraid of getting rolled by Teddy.

Of course not. I always disband units after capturing all needed cities and researching Mass Media to save money.

When on capture, the more units, the faster you capture cities, the better.

Last edited:
Cultural Victory - Turn 379 - 1958 A.D.

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
Settled 5, Captured 3

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
I had to focus on military early on because Spain was building cities aggressively and America was plotting sneak attacks. After I survived the initial conflicts I focused purely on building culture.

- Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?
I conquered Spain early on because they were going to box me in and leave me with little land as America was expanding on the other side.

- What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?
I built a large army in the early turns to conquer Spain. I had to focus on a defensive army to fend of an American sneak attack in the middle which was very difficult as they had the technological advantage. Later on I was able to slow down on military spending by placing trust in a strong alliance I had built with America. They acted as a buffer to any other dangers.

- What was your most useful unit?
I would not have won the game if it were not for my spies. Japan was going to win the space race so I built out my spies and sent them all on a last ditch effort to disrupt all of Japan's spaceports. The RNG was with me as I managed to stop the final rocket only turns away from it launching. I then used the spies to slow down Rome who was launching their own rockets as well. The spies played superb defense until my culture was able to overtake everyone else.

- Did you use diplomacy? How?
I tended to Teddy's needs in order to build a strong friendship (even though he tried to sneak attack me). He was significantly larger and had a strong army. By building that alliance I formed a buffer to protect myself from any other invaders.

- Were City-States helpful?
I didn't focus too much on city states other than the ones there were not gaining much attention from other civs.

- Did you use religion? How, and were you successful?
I did not bother much with religion in this game. I only built temples to house various artifacts.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
The biggest surprise was Teddy's sneak attack which I was not terribly prepared for. I barely survived.

- Did you enjoy the game?
I really enjoyed this game. This was my first ever win on Immortal difficult which felt great. I'm not sure I have it in me to win a Deity game, but, I'll certainly try.

Pedro GotM19_1.png Pedro GotM19_2.png Pedro GotM19_3.png

Attachments

• PEDRO CULTURE GotM19.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 164
Cultural Victory - Turn 308 - Score: 915

My first Immortal victory!

- How many cities did you settle or capture?

Settled 7, captured 8, returned 3/8.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Early on I prioritized archery and currency for research, and political philosophy. As I progressed, I focused on techs that allow the districts that got the amazing rain forest adjacency bonuses. Because of the faith bonus to the holy sites, I thought I had a shot at founding a religion, but I just missed it. The faith still turned out to be useful for great people and later on naturalists.

- Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?

I ended Spain / Phillip II early because he was so close I was able to capture his first 2 cities (and a settler) using mostly archers.

- What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?

Had an archer hoard at the beginning, which I upgraded to crossbowmen ASAP as the bulk of my army. For navy, I only had to build 2 Minas Geraes, which completely dominated the seas and coastlines. After defeating Spain early, most of the rest of the game was peaceful growth, so I just mostly kept upgrading existing units. I built some tanks at the end to punish Teddy, who sneak-attacked me with Gandhi while at friendly status.

- What was your most useful unit?

Archers. I went from being fairly behind with only 1 city to 4 cities in just a few turns. The entire Southeast of the continent was then free, along with the city-state peninsula, which I back-filled with new cities.

- Did you use diplomacy? How?

Almost every civ was a declared friend most of the game, allowing me to maximize domestic growth.

- Were City-States helpful?

The Kumasi bonus of culture and gold on trade routes helped me rapidly grow my cities' borders and get early dominance with income. Keeping Zanzibar and it's Cinnamon and Cloves bonus also kept my cities' covered with amenities and growing.

- Did you use religion? How, and were you successful?

I barely missed getting to found one, and nobody sent their missionaries to convert me. :( Still, with the good faith bonus from the rain forest tiles, I was able to save up and buy some great people and naturalists later, which really sealed the cultural victory.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

Teddy and Gandhi were declared friends for over half the game, but with no warning they both declared war on me while still at friendly status. They both got dealt with by being in range of my 2 Minas Geraes. I took 2 coastal cities from America by just walking in a scout, and 1 coastal city from India. I gave them all back afterward because they weren't great cities and I wanted to maintain peacefulness with the other civs. However, a couple dozen turns later America and India did the same thing - another surprise attack. This time I took all but 2 American cities, including Washington. The Americans were the cultural leaders at the time, so this really helped me take the lead culturally and not look back.

Yes! I was stuck at home recovering from surgery, and this game was really fun and helped pass the time so much easier.

Attachments

• PEDRO II 308 1874 AD gotm19 Apolex.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 193

Yes! I was stuck at home recovering from surgery, and this game was really fun and helped pass the time so much easier.
Congrats on your win.

Hope the recovery is going well and the surgery was not too serious. Been there, take care of yourself and do what they tell you. :health:

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom