6otM131 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM131 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- Were City-States helpful? Any competition with other civs for key city states?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?

- How were the Barbarians?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

CV, turn 237/238

Game went pretty smoothly despite several mis-steps. After discovering Caguana I thought it might be good to go for a "science-based" CV based on rushing to flight c Bateys, seaside resorts etc. Then when I saw there were a *lot* of cultural city states I changed directions completely and started building theater squares, figuring I would make use of the massive boost to culture that would be available. I did think about a reliquaries-based game but remembered reading somewhere from Dan Quayle that on a water map it takes forever to suicide your apostles, leaving you not much time to accumulate tourism before the Deity AIs get Enlightenment. But it did seem that the AIs fare poorer on a water map than on a land map. I dunno but it felt like they were sluggish the whole game; I was able to catch up to (many of) them in score by the end of the Medieval despite a very slow start (only had 5 cities at turn 100). Of course, the legendary start, the revealed natural wonder, and the isolated start position with no other civs on the continent took a lot of the "Deity" feeling/threat out from the get-go.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?

As above. Defaulted to a Great Works strategy, then added a few seaside resorts, national parks and especially ski resorts. Built more Wonders than in any other Deity game that I can recall- the AIs were really pretty slow in this regard and many, many Wonders remained unbuilt at the end.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Spain on a water map is obviously pretty powerful; trade routes were very productive as were the missions.

- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
Originally settled 5-6 core cities on the main continent, then maybe another 4-5 scattered around other continents later in the game, mostly from stolen settlers. I did spend a lot of the game at war- I decided to try to truncate other civs and prevent cultural runaways but leave them with enough cities so they wouldn't succumb to loyalty pressure. In the end I took cities from Cree, Arabia, Indonesia, England, and France; did not bother to take anything from Portugal as I was able to buy his Great Works and he stayed with low culture throughout. My big mistake was not slicing into Sweden sooner- in the beginning Eleanor, Gitarja and Saladin were the cultural leaders, and Sweden was lagging. So I took pains to give them all a haircut but left Sweden alone. I finally bit the bullet and had to attack Kristina at the end as she kept increasing her domestic tourists. I should have done it earlier and might have saved 10 - 15 turns.

Astrology, then sailing, then headed for Cartography.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Tried to get as many high adjacency holy sites as I could; managed to build three critical early Wonders with the help of Imhotep, who I faith-purchased completely: Mausoleum (first), then Oracle, then Mahabodhi Temple.

Earth Goddess- this was a major boost to faith throughout the game. For a religion I went with Work Ethic/Crusade, then Tithe and Gurdwara.

Oligarchy, then Monarchy, then Theocracy. Managed to make it to a Tier 4 government but never switched out of Theocracy, as I wanted the faith discount for getting Rock Bands, military units, and Great Persons and couldn't be sure if I would get Monarchy legacy or Theocracy legacy.

Pingala, then Victor.

Not much diplomacy; ended up at war for most of the game and had several Emergencies, plus some civs did the "never peace" thing even when they had been almost eliminated....

- Were City-States helpful? Any competition with other civs for key city states?
Nan Madol, Antananarivo and Chinguetti were just awesome.

Normal Classical, then all Golden.

Irrelevant.

The late game cultural surge by Sweden was the most annoying thing; had to start attacking them (they had already taken over some of France) to try to curb it.

Yes, definitely, but Spain on this map was just very strong, it didn't really feel like a typical Deity game.

Thanks for the game! GOTM 131 Cul Vic turn 238.png
GOTM 131 Cul Vic turn 238.png

Attachments

• GOTM 131 CV PHILIP II 238.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
CV Turn 218

I didn't really have any plan except than going for a religion and then seeing around to decide what would be the best course of action. Being isolated with 2 cultural city states helped a bit in that i could focus on building my cultural output, but not meeting any AI before having boats obviously was a bit of a setback. When I met people I was having a good base, got Oracle, TS, so I decided to play peacefully with open borders, trade route, etc. I enjoyed it as mostly everything went according to plan.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all? The trade route are really good, especially early game. I didn't use missions that much because of the general lack of space, I made maybe one fleet, and I got maybe only one builder from the settling on another continent because the island was only one continent.

I settled 8 cities, 6 on the main island then one on a small one tile island next to chinguetti and one on chinguetti's island. I didn't capture any.

Went for astrology, then sailing, and in the end game rushed flight and computers. For civics I obviously went for theater squares, it went quite fast thanks to the culture tiles of Paititi. Then hurried to the civics that would increase my tourism output and my culture % from being suzerain.

I got a builder early from a hut, so that was a huge boost. Then with the money of first paititi and then of the trade routes I was able to buy some galleys. WIth a monumentality I purchased a couple of settlers to finalize the empire and many builders. I got Artemis and Oracle early to help the theater square adjacencies, and also rushed Kilwa, which made sense thanks to the huge number of cultural city states.

I went for the plantation pantheon, although I should maybe have gone for the appeal one. For the religious beliefs I picked the one giving production equal to the faith and the one increasing culture based on the number of believers. I thought having more production in this quite secluded space would make the most sense, and I already have a good gold / faith output.

Classical republic --> Merchant republic --> Democracy --> Digital Democracy. Most of the game i kept the double adjacency for holy sites and theater squares, and in the end game I used all the tourism multipiiers cards.

Pingala for the tourism boost was the most important, and also for the great person points.

Trade routes were very important, because of tourism and ressources, as well as open borders, so I tried to maintain good relationships with all the AI.

Very helpful. I tried to remain suzerain of as many as possible, and I had to fight for it, so I targetted all great people that would give extra envoys, I used spies to reduce the number of envoys of other civs and I levelled Amani to double my number of envoys (I think it was in Kumasi).

Normal age to start, then only golden ages until the last one, that was also normal but lasted only a couple of turns.

- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
There was none I believe?

Irrelevant, although they killed one of my galleys at one point.

No, I really enjoyed that I could peacefully build my little empire without having to react to annoying AI. I think the only thing that didnt went as planned was losing the great library a couple of turns before completion.

Yes, It was nice and relaxing.

Attachments

• Phillip spain culture vic.png
    Phillip spain culture vic.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 70
Culture Victory turn 224, Score 1495

Peaceful game, Built some wonders, founded a religion, spammed Rock Bands.

Attachments

• 6otM131 Culture Vic T224 S1495.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
CV 171
Spoiler t172 :
upload_2022-3-21_17-33-25.jpeg

Peaceful game, didn't manage to get a religion. Haven't built any other districts than Harbours and Theatre Sqares. I was swimming in gold, the enhanced Spanish trade routes are really something!
Thanks for the game.

CV T239/240. Peaceful game here as well. I agree with @Planktonic that the AI did not perform well in any aspect for some reason. Portugal was the culture leader from AIs. A funny selection of both cultural CS and AIs for this game!

Attachments

• PHILIP II 240 1645 AD.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
CV 210
Hi! So I managed to win in 210 turns. I was rushing harbors and theater squares mostly. I missed a religion by 1 turn and Machu by 4 turns because of stupid mistake I made (not switching tiles while chopping). I went into 2 golden age monumentalities, so I spammed settlers/ Trade routes are op with this civ, so O had no idea what should I spend money on.

I streamed this game in Polish, so You can come and check out the results :)

Attachments

• 6otM131_Spain_Cul_Deity WIN.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Turn 230 score 938 .My first 6otm which went ok but could have expanded quicker having to rely on flipping a couple of cities from Gitara to get up to a large enough empire. Built several wonders most notably Kilwa and suze'd virtually all the cultural cities plus Auckland. Reasonably good outcome from Rock Bands.

Attachments

• PHILIP II 230 1595 AD.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Culture Victory turn 258, ( 1735AD) score 938

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan?

Any interesting decision points? I did not really expect to win the game, so got a slow start especially in expanding off the start continent. I was surprised I was able to build a number of World Wonders, I was able to found a religion (3x tourism on relics), and spammed Theatre squares. Settled 4 or 5 cities to the south and east just for National Parks, several had 2. Then Rock bands and win (went for the appropriate civics in beeline, like Flight, Environmentalism, Computers etc). I stayed in peace the whole game, only got denounced by Cathy (France) near the very end; had 5 alliances from when they came available. Oh yeah... the large number of Cultural CS's made life easier, and I made a lot of Batey's and a few Maoi.

I guess the missions were useful to generate a lot of faith (Rock bands, Naturalists mostly). Never built a Conquistador. Did not really notice better off-continent production since I was rather late going off-continent. The Natural Wonder in the start area made for a great religious district, which I only built two of.

None conquered or captured. 4 on the start continent and maybe 5 later?

I was so far behind in tech before I got tourism really going, and left the game for a long time figuring a loss was inevitable this being Deity level. Glad I decided to tough it out!

Very much so; Rapa Nui was difficult to keep as a vassal, though. And the restriction on building Maoi next to RF kind of made them less useful compared to Batey's.

I had a dark age then a heroic age then a golden age to finish. Rest were normal ages, I think.

- How did the game modes affect or impact your play? I didn't notice anything.

- How were the Barbarians? No impact at all, except slowing down my settling off-continent. I had to buy a Man-at-arms once, though, to protect a new city. I think I had that and a single warrior (plus 2 caravels combined to an armada) when the game ended.

- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it? First 3 Rock Bands quit after one show, but the next four survived to level 4 and did most the work.

- Did you enjoy your game? Very much so.... this was my first Deity CV EVER.

Attachments

• PHILIP II 258 1735 AD sc938.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
Cultural Victory, T201, Score 1693, Time 35.5 h

Plan
My intent was to use religion and relics to build up a lot of tourism. Although in the long run relics had great contribution I was very slow to earn my first one (T131) despite my first apostle was at T89. As I saw I was being to slow I started to focus more on Theater Squares, a bit too late, but soon enough to win the game around T200. To ease my win I tried to use Spies to reduce the number of envoys in cultural city-states, but I stopped trying when my first two spies were both killed on their first attempt. What worked a bit better was to conquer some cultural city states other civilizations had much more envoys than me and were on war to me because of their alliances. Also, declared war on Catherine who seemed to be picking up on culture, also took a couple of cities from Gitarja and Kristina each.

The most relevant wonders I did build were: Oracle (for extra great persons, along with Divine Spark pantheon), Mont St. Michel (finally a reliable stream of relics) and Cristo Redentor (for religious tourism coupled with a lot of seaside resorts). I would have liked to build Eiffel Tower, but did not find a good spot for it.

Early stage
On T100 I had 8 cities and had already explored a good chunk of the map, settling colonies in far away continents.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-02 19-59-29.png

Diplomacy

I was at war with the three civilizations that I did not manage to ally: Kristina, Catherine and Gitarja. An early war against Gitarja served me to get a settler crossing the seas protected by a single unit. Then I made war against Catherine for culture reasons, and had another war with Kristina because she and Catherine declared an emergency war on me.

Before the war I traded a lot of diplomatic favor to Kristine for gold.

Settled near strategic and luxury bonuses to trade for tones of gold with the friendly AIs.

Cities

I settled 22 cities, conquered 8 (2 from city states) and got 1 from loyalty pressure. One of my cities, Bilbao, was razed by Mogadishu when the Emergency War happened (its army was later destroyed in retaliation thanks to my navy), and I gave one city, Oran, to Catherine for her to survive, because she was going to disappear due to Joao conquering Paris and loyalty pressure killing the rest of her.

On my original continent I only settled 2 cities, although I conquered Caguna by T153. The bonuses on other continents were too high to ignore and I focused on that rather than claiming every little spot on the first island.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-29-25.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-29-50.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-30-06.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-30-22.png

War
I built a navy early on, using galleys and quadriremes to start the war. They helped me conquer the 6 cities I took from the AI. Interestingly, the two city states I conquered (Caguna and Rapa Nui) were defeated using the musketmen I hired from Chinguetti, along with the help of a Conquistador and a Crossbowman.

Abilities

Planted a considerable amount of missions. They were helpful not only with faith, but used them with the adjacency bonuses for science and loyalty on conquered cities.

From mid-game and going forward, I built a Lighthouse in almost every city, just to exploit the great bonuses from trade routes. Once my trade routes were deployed I had tones of money to buy amphitheaters, museums and archaeologists.

The Conquistador arrived at a good time, a couple of them were helpful along with a levied army.

I think I made no use of the bonus against units of other religions as I only got my religion in more than half of my cities during the late game.

The builder on cities from other continents was very useful as I built my Ancestral Hall a bit late from what I am used to. That extra builder really helps fast development, specially when coupled with the Serfdom policy. I found an interesting exploit were if you have a city you cannot retain due to loyalty pressure, but you can reconquer easily enough, each time you recover the city, it spawns a new builder, which can provide a strong stream of workforce for late game tourism improvements.

Final state
Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-33-00.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-30-49.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-31-04.png Captura de pantalla de 2022-04-08 00-32-22.png
The map gave a slow but secure start, but once the empire was up, Spain bonuses gave a great opportunity for any kind of victory.

Thanks a lot for the game, it was fun to play Spain in a multi-continent Empire colonizing game!

Sad being from Barcelona the city never spawned in my game :(

Spoiler Full log :

1 - :c5greatperson:Ancient Era; Atlantica:trade:
2 - Madrid:c5capital: Païtiti:c5food:
4 - Village (wheel)
6 - Caguana:c5influence:
10 - Warrior:c5production:
12 - Code of Laws:c5culture: Congo Craton:trade:
13 - Astrology:c5science:
14 - Mohenjo-Daro:c5influence:
19 - Foreign Trade:c5culture:
20 - Animal Husbandry:c5science: Holy site:c5production:
25 - Settler:c5production: Pantheon (Divine Spark):religion:
26 - Sailing:c5science:
30 - Galley:c5production: Seville:c5capital:
32 - Mining:c5science:
33 - Early Empire:c5culture: Galley:c5production: Liang:c5citizen:
36 - Eleanor:c5influence:
37 - Catherine:c5influence: Trader:c5production: Mohenjo-Daro♟
39 - Builder:c5gold:
40 - Slinger:c5production:
46 - Settler:c5production:
47 - Craftsmanship:c5culture:
48 - Holy site:c5production: Poundmaker:c5influence:
50 - Chinguetti:c5influence:
51 - :c5greatperson:Classical Era (Free Inquiry) Shipbuilding:c5science: Siddhartha Gautama:greatwork::c5citizen: Religion (Reliquaries, Cross-Cultural Dialogue):religion:
52 - State Workforce:c5culture: Pingala:c5citizen: Joao:c5influence:
53 - Pottery:c5science: Euramerica:trade:
55 - Writing:c5science: Córdoba:c5capital: Ayutthaya:c5influence:
57 - Monument:c5production:
58 - Kumasi:c5influence: Builder:c5gold:
59 - Wheel:c5science: Political Philosophy:c5culture: Autocracy:c5citystate:
60 - Monument:c5production: Avalonia:trade: Saladin:c5influence:
63 - Bronze Working:c5science:
66 - Military Tradition:c5culture: Water mill:c5gold:
67 - Drama and Poetry:c5culture: Oracle:tourism: Settler:c5gold: Shrine:c5production:
68 - Celestial Navigation:c5science:
69 - Missionary:religion: Vilnius:c5influence:
70 - Circumnavigation:c5trade:
71 - Masonry:c5science: Preslav:c5influence:
72 - Barbarian camp (+30 gold):c5gold: Antananarivo:c5influence:
73 - Settler:c5production:
74 - Campus:c5production:
75 - Currency:c5science:
76 - Theology:c5culture: Builder:c5gold: Temple:c5gold: Apostle:religion:
77 - Settler:c5production:
78 - Games and Recreation:c5culture:
79 - Gitarja:c5influence: Met all civilizations:c5trade:
80 - Campus:c5production:
81 - Recorded History:c5culture: Library:c5gold: Zoning commissioner (Liang):c5citizen: Village (+20 faith) Galapagos Islands:c5food:
82 - Cadiz:c5capital: Monument:c5gold:
83 - Bermuda Triangle:c5food:
84 - Granary:c5production: War to Gitarja:c5war:
85 - Irrigation:c5science: Library:c5production: Village (Builder) Settler:c5war: A Coruña:c5capital:
86 - Shrine:c5production:
87 - Defensive Tactics:c5culture: Researcher (Pingala):c5citizen:
88 - Archery:c5science: Government plaza:c5production: Grants (Pingala):c5citizen:
89 - Mathematics:c5science: Campus:c5production: Valladolid:c5capital: Mogadishu:c5influence: Apostle:religion:
90 - Horseback Riding:c5science: Monument:c5production:
91 - :c5greatperson:Medieval Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Engineering:c5science: Temple:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Settler:c5gold:
92 - Construction:c5science: Ancient walls:c5production:
93 - Iron Working:c5science: Granary:c5production:
94 - Hildegard of Bingen:greatwork::c5citizen: Water mill:c5production: Granary:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production:
95 - Granary:c5production: Granary:c5production: Aqueduct:c5production: Bologna:c5influence:
97 - Feudalism:c5culture: Monument:c5production: Bilbao:c5capital: Spearman:c5gold: Builder:c5gold:
98 - Military Engineering:c5science: Salamanca:c5capital: Monument:c5gold: Settler:religion:
99 - Ancient walls:c5production: Village (+60 faith)
100 - Apprenticeship:c5science: Quadrireme:c5production: Galley:c5production: Village (military training)
101 - Quadrireme:c5production:
102 - Galley:c5production: Settler:religion:
103 - Education:c5science: Military Training:c5culture: Builder:c5gold: Vigo:c5capital: Holy site:c5production: Granary:c5gold:
104 - Library:c5production:
105 - Monument:c5production: War to Catherine:c5war:
106 - Stirrups:c5science: Holy site:c5production:
107 - Civil Service:c5culture: Settler:religion: Quadrireme:c5gold: Poundmaker (religious):c5strength: Saladin (research):c5strength: Eleanor (military):c5strength: Joao (economic):c5strength: Nan Madol:c5influence: Oligarchy:c5citystate:
108 - Harbor:c5production: Monument:c5production: Village (+40 gold)
109 - Auckland:c5influence:
110 - Village (+70 gold)
111 - Settler:religion:
112 - Divine Right:c5culture: Village (+20 favor) Harbor:c5production: Monarchy:c5citystate: Builder:c5gold: Builder:c5gold: Builder:c5gold: Builder:c5gold: Shrine:c5production: Zaragoza:c5capital: Cartagena:c5capital: Archer:c5moves:
114 - Settler:c5unhappy: Lighthouse:c5production: Barbarian camp (+30 gold):c5gold:
115 - Settler:religion: Warrior:c5unhappy:
116 - Castles:c5science: Mahabodhi Temple:tourism: Galileo Galilei:greatwork::c5citizen:
117 - Buttress:c5science: Cartography:c5science: Harbor:c5production:
118 - Monument:c5production: Archer:c5gold: Settler:c5war:
119 - Monument:c5production:
120 - Settler:religion:
121 - Encampment:c5production: Barracks:c5gold: Armory:c5gold: Galley:c5war: Ancestral hall:c5production: Amani:c5citizen: Trader:c5production:
122 - Gunpowder:c5science: Lighthouse:c5production: Monument:c5production: Builder:c5unhappy:
123 - Banking:c5science: Guilds:c5culture: Magnus:c5citizen: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Valencia:c5capital: Water mill:c5gold:
124 - Man-at-arms:c5production: Archer:c5production: Industrial zone:c5production: Rapanui:c5influence: Builder:c5unhappy: Builder:c5unhappy: Builder:c5unhappy:
125 - Military Tactics:c5science: Archer:c5production: Archer:c5gold: Mercenaries:c5culture: University:c5production: Auckland♟ Caravel:c5moves: Caravel:c5moves: Caravel:c5moves: Village (square rigging)
126 - Square Rigging:c5science: Pikeman:c5moves: Nanmadol♟ Toledo:c5capital:
127 - Barbarian camp (+30 gold):c5gold: Frigate:c5moves: Caravel:c5moves: Warrior:c5unhappy:
129 - Settler:c5war: Rheims:c5war: Monument:c5gold:
130 - Mass Production:c5science: Diplomatic Service:c5culture: Aqueduct:c5production: Pamplona:c5capital: Frigate:c5moves: Caravel:c5moves: Settler:religion: Kristina declares emergency war:c5war:
131 - :c5greatperson:Renaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Machinery:c5science: Medieval Faires:c5culture: Connoisseur (Pingala):c5citizen: University:c5production: Chinguetti♟ Rouen:c5war: Harbor:c5production: Builder:c5unhappy:
132 - Builder:c5war:
133 - Printing:c5science: Temple:c5production: Settler:religion: Havana:c5capital: Builder:c5war: Jakarta:c5war: Trebuchet:c5gold: Trebuchet Archer:c5unhappy:
134 - Astronomy:c5science: Harbor:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Murcia:c5capital: Missionary:religion:
135 - Siege Tactics:c5science: Humanism:c5culture: Workshop:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: University:c5production: Conquistador:c5moves: Crossbowman:c5moves: Crossbowman:c5moves: Bilbao:c5unhappy:
136 - Monument:c5production: Zheng He:greatwork::c5citizen: Ancient walls:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Monument:c5production: Cathedral:religion:
137 - Ancient walls:c5production: Temple:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Monument:c5production: Missionary:religion: Shipyard:c5gold:
138 - The Enlightenment:c5culture: Monument:c5production: Bima:c5war: Peace with Gitarja Crossbowman:c5unhappy:
139 - Ancient walls:c5production: Holy site:c5production: Missionary:religion: Missionary:religion:
140 - Ancient walls:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Commercial hub:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Lighthouse:c5gold: Shipyard:c5gold: Mount Roraima:c5food: Settler:religion:
141 - Spy:c5production: Relic:religion:
142 - Trader:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Amphitheater:c5gold: Preslav♟ Trader:c5unhappy: Apostle:c5unhappy:
143 - Scientific Theory:c5science: Ancient walls:c5production: Ancient walls:c5production: Apostle:religion:
144 - Reformed Church:c5culture: Theocracy:c5citystate: Chinguetti:c5gold:
145 - Shipyard:c5production: Market:c5production: Shrine:c5production:
146 - Metal Casting:c5science: Builder:religion: Granary:c5production: Crossbowman:c5moves: Meteor (Knight) Caravel:c5unhappy:
147 - Trader:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Industrial zone:c5production: Workshop:c5gold: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Settler:religion: Theater square:c5production:
148 - Medieval walls:c5production: Library:c5gold:
149 - Industrialization:c5science: Nationalism:c5culture: Ayutthaya♟ Curator (Pingala):c5citizen: Monument:c5production: Jaen:c5capital: Las Palmas:c5capital: Builder:c5war:
150 - Amphitheater:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Apostle:religion: Missionary:religion:
151 - Francis Drake:greatwork::c5citizen: Granary:c5gold: Diplomatic quarter:c5production: Monument:c5production:
152 - Monument:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Privateer:greatwork::c5citizen: Vitoria-Gasteiz:c5capital: Intelligence Agency:c5production:
153 - Steam Power:c5science: Caguana:c5war: Jeanne d’Arc:greatwork::c5citizen: Relic:greatwork::c5citizen: Ancient walls:c5production: Builder:religion: Moksha:c5citizen: Medieval walls:c5production: Ironclad:c5moves: Ironclad:c5moves: Ironclad:c5moves: Frigate:c5moves:
154 - Art museum:c5production:
155 - Opera and Ballet:c5culture: Bombard:c5moves: Crossbowman:c5moves: Builder:religion: Temple:c5production: Campus:c5production: Archaeological museum:c5production: Apostle:c5unhappy: Crossbowman:c5unhappy: Builder:c5war:
156 - Scorched Earth:c5culture: Dam:c5production: Monument:c5production: Vasteras:c5war:
157 - Exploration:c5culture: Giovanni di Medici:greatwork::c5citizen: Amphitheater:c5production:
158 - Mercantilism:c5culture: Uluru:c5food: Harbor:c5production: Monument:c5production: Bank:greatwork::c5citizen:
159 - Civil Engineering:c5culture: Victor:c5citizen: Aqueduct:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Settler:religion: Village (capitalism)
160 - Shipyard:c5production: Harbor:c5production:
161 - Rapa Nui:c5war: Orebro:c5war: Military engineer:c5production:
162 - Urbanization:c5culture: Santa Cruz:greatwork::c5citizen: Miguel de Cervantes:greatwork::c5citizen: Harbor:c5production: Apostle:religion: Amphitheater:c5gold: Peace with Kristina Peace with Catherine Trader:c5unhappy:
163 - Colonialism:c5culture: Settler:religion: Holy site:c5production: Frigate:c5gold:
164 - Harbor:c5production: Great Lighthouse:tourism: Lighthouse:c5production: Shipyard:c5gold: Conquistador:c5production: Shipyard:c5production: Spy:c5unhappy: Trader:religion: Trader:religion:
165 - Natural History:c5culture: Military Science:c5science: Charles Darwin:greatwork::c5citizen: Mogadishu♟ Lighthouse:c5production: Privateer:c5production: Santander:c5capital: Barbarian camp (+30 gold):c5gold: Apostle:religion: Factory:c5gold:
166 - Electricity:c5science: Aqueduct:c5production: Industrial zone:c5production: Workshop:c5gold: Apostle:religion:
167 - Ballistics:c5science: Kilwa Kisiwani:tourism: Amphitheater:c5gold: Shrine:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Trader:c5production: Belief (Mosque, Monastic Isolation):religion: Village (+120 gold) Oran:c5capital: Holy site:c5production:
168 - Mobilization:c5culture: Reyna:c5citizen: Consulate:c5production: Mosque:c5production: Apostle:religion:
169 - Economics:c5science: Mausoleum at Halicarnassus:tourism: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Trader:religion: Ferdinand Magellan:greatwork::c5citizen: Harbor:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Coal power plant:c5gold: Lighthouse:c5production:
170 - Rifling:c5science: Mont St. Michel:tourism: Granary:c5production: Monument:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Relic:religion: Builder:c5unhappy:
171 - :c5greatperson:Industrial Era (Golden Age - Heartbeat of Steam) Cuirassier:c5moves: Line infantry:c5moves: Line infantry:c5moves: Niccolo Machiavelli:greatwork::c5citizen: Theater square:c5production: Amphitheater:c5gold: Archaeologist:c5gold: Theater square:c5production: Campus:c5production: Relic:religion:
172 - Military academy:c5production: Barbarian camp (+80 gold):c5gold: Builder:c5war: Apostle:religion: Apostle:religion: Relic:religion:
173 - Refining:c5science: Mass Media:c5culture: Conservation:c5culture: Garrison commander (Victor):c5citizen: Naturalist:religion: Mosque:c5production: Neighborhood:c5production: Temple:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Village (+1 pop, +50 gold) Builder:c5war:
174 - Forbidden City:tourism: Theater square:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Factory:c5gold: Coal power plant:c5gold: Spy:c5unhappy: Apostle:religion: Missionary:religion:
175 - Aqueduct:c5production: Amphitheater:c5production: Santander:c5food: Relic:religion: Apostle:religion: Antananarivo:c5unhappy:
176 - Steel:c5science: Ideology:c5culture: Shrine:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Line infantry:c5production: Settler:c5gold: Mosque:c5production:
177 - Mimar Sinan:greatwork::c5citizen: Water park:c5production: Art museum:c5production: Apostle:religion: Archaeological museum:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Amphitheater:c5gold: Relic:religion:
178 - Flight:c5science: Class Struggle:c5culture: Communism:c5citystate: Battleship***:c5moves: Naturalist:religion:
179 - Laskarina Bouboulina:greatwork::c5citizen: Trader:c5production: Harbor:c5production: Industrial zone:c5production: Field cannon:c5moves: Commercial hub:c5production: Etemenanki:tourism:
180 - Capitalism:c5culture: Granary:c5production: Battleship**:c5moves: Battleship:c5moves: Industrial zone:c5production: Chancery:c5production: University:c5production: Commercial hub:c5production: Naturalist:religion: Missionary:religion: Trader:c5production: Jaen:c5food:
181 - Radio:c5science: Jane Austen:greatwork::c5citizen: Ferris wheel:c5production: Meeting house:c5production: Temple:c5production: Mosque:c5production: Water park:c5production: Water park:c5production: Archaeological museum:c5production: Archaeologist:c5gold: Apostle:religion: Workshop:c5production:
182 - Lighthouse:c5production: Païtiti:c5food: Theater square:c5production: Oil power plant:c5gold: Theater square:c5production: Alicante:c5capital: Granary:c5gold:
183 - Qiu Yang:greatwork::c5citizen: Theater square:c5production: Trader:c5production: Workshop:c5production:
184 - Computers:c5science: Professional Sports:c5culture: Ruhr Valley:tourism: Factory:c5production: Naturalist:religion: Amphitheater:c5production:
185 - Cultural Heritage:c5culture: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:greatwork::c5citizen: Shipyard:c5production: Jaen:c5food: Apostle:religion:
186 - Amboise:c5puppet: Ching Shih:greatwork::c5citizen: Aquarium:c5production: Coal power plant:c5production: Archaeologist:c5gold: Missionary:religion: Naturalist:religion: Art museum:c5gold:
187 - Combustion:c5science: Amphitheater:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Zaragoza:c5food:
188 - Statue of Liberty:tourism: Market:c5production: Ferris wheel:c5production: Trader:c5production: Naturalist:religion:
189 - Plastics:c5science: Cold War:c5culture: Library:c5production: Shipyard:c5production: Alexander Pushkin:greatwork::c5citizen: Seaport:c5production: Amphitheater:c5production: Art museum:c5production: Monument:c5production: Water mill:c5gold: Granary:c5production: Cordoba:c5food: Rock band:religion:
190 - Trader:c5production: Archeological museum:c5production: Industrial zone:c5production: Shipyard:c5gold: Seaport:c5gold: Amphitheater:c5production:
191 - Cristo Redentor:tourism: Forestry management (Reyna):c5citizen: National History Museum:c5production: Shipyard:c5production: Neighborhood:c5production: Harbor:c5production:
192 - Rapid Deployment:c5culture: Ada Lovelace:greatwork::c5citizen: Shipyard:c5gold: Factory:c5production: Neighborhood:c5production: Amphitheater:c5production: Shipyard:c5production: Art museum:c5production: Rock band:religion: Apostle:religion: Naturalist:religion: Relic:religion:
193 - El Greco:greatwork::c5citizen: Vitoria-Gasteiz:c5food: Apostle:religion: Relic:religion:
194 - Synthetic Materials:c5science: Harbor:c5production:
195 - Sanitation:c5science: Environmentalism:c5culture: Potala Palace:tourism: Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe:greatwork::c5citizen: Theater square:c5production: Amphitheater:c5gold: Entertainment complex:c5production: Art museum:c5production:
196 - Broadcast center:c5production: Broadcast center:c5production: Amphitheater:c5production: University:c5production: Lighthouse:c5production: Relic:religion: Rock band:c5unhappy: Apostle:religion: Naturalist:religion: Builder:c5gold:
197 - Replaceable Parts:c5science: Napoleon Bonaparte:greatwork::c5citizen: Lighthouse:c5production: Holy site:c5production: Broadcast center:c5production: Encampment:c5production: Entertainment complex:c5production: Pamplona:c5food:
198 - Space Race:c5culture: Joaquim Marques Lisboa:greatwork::c5citizen: Shrine:c5production: Arena:c5production: Broadcast center:c5production: Archaeologist:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Art museum:c5production: Granary:c5gold: Naturalist:religion:
199 - Chemistry:c5science: Yatsuhashi Kengyo:greatwork::c5citizen: Broadcast center:c5production: Builder:c5production: Trader:c5production: Builder:c5production: Shipyard:c5production: Water park:c5production: Santander:c5food: Rock band:religion: Builder:c5gold: Builder:c5gold: Builder:c5gold:
200 - Builder:c5production: Trader:c5production:
201 - Social Media:c5culture: Emissary (Amani):c5citizen: Rembrandt van Rijn:greatwork::c5citizen: Temple:c5production: Holy site:c5production: Archaeological museum:c5production: Rock band:c5unhappy: Water park:c5production: Rock band:religion: Rock band:religion: Meteor (Tank)
202 - Neighborhood:c5production: Arena:c5production: Theater square:c5production: Ferris wheel:c5gold: Zoo:c5gold: Relic:religion:
203 - Cultural Victory:c5happy:

Spoiler Detailed city build order :

Madrid:c5capital: (T2): Warrior > Holy site > Settler > Galley > Galley > Trader € Builder > Slinger > Settler € Water mill > Oracle € Settler > Settler > Campus € Library > Granary > Shrine > Temple > Aqueduct > Monument € Builder > Quadrireme > Quadrireme > Mahabodhi Temple > Encampment € Barracks € Armory F Trader F Trader > Man-at-arms > Archer > University > Harbor > Lighthouse > Ancient walls F Missionary > Spy > Shipyard > Theater square > Amphitheater > Art museum > Military engineer > Privateer F Apostle > Trader > Mosque F Apostle > Military academy F Apostle F Apostle F Apostle F Apostle > Line infantry > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory > Coal power plant > Potala Palace > Broadcast center € Builder > Neighborhood > Research lab
Seville:c5capital: (T30): Holy site > Monument € Builder > Shrine F Missionary € Builder € Temple F Apostle > Settler > Campus F Apostle > Ancient walls > Granary > Library € Builder > University > Harbor F Missionary F Missionary > Trader > Trader F Apostle > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Theater square € Amphitheater > Mosque > Trader > Trader F Apostle > Trader > Art museum > Bolshoi Theater
Córdoba:c5capital: (T55): Monument > Campus > Library > Ancient walls > Water mill > Galley > Galley > Harbor > Lighthouse > Trader > Archer F Settler > University > Theater square € Amphitheater > Archaeological museum > Shipyard > Aqueduct € Archaeologist > Neighborhood > Water park > Ferris wheel > Aquarium > Trader F Naturalist > Trader > Broadcast center > Builder > Shopping mall
Cadiz:c5capital: (T82): € Monument > Government plaza > Granary > Ancient walls € Builder > Ancestral hall > Harbor € Lighthouse € Shipyard > Intelligence Agency € Frigate > Great Lighthouse > Theater square > Amphitheater > Archaeological museum € Archaeologist > National History Museum > Holy site > Shrine > Temple > Repairs
A Coruña:c5capital: (T85): Granary > Ancient walls > Holy site > Monument F Settler > Shrine € Builder € Archer > Temple F Settler > Forbidden City > Harbor > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Entertainment complex > Arena € Zoo > Campus
Valladolid:c5capital: (T89): Monument > Ancient walls > Granary F Settler F Settler € Builder > Holy site > Harbor € Builder > Lighthouse > Man-at-arms Shrine F Missionary > Temple F Apostle > Theater square > Campus > Aqueduct € Amphitheater > Conquistador F Apostle > Mosque F Missionary > Art museum F Apostle F Missionary > Water park > Shipyard F Apostle F Missionary > Ferris wheel > Library F Apostle > Broadcast center > Builder > University
Bilbao:c5capital: (T96 - T135:c5unhappy: Mogadishu): € Spearman > Monument F Settler > Harbor € Trebuchet > Theater square
Salamanca:c5capital: (T98): € Monument € Granary F Settler > Petra Industrial zone > Aqueduct > Workshop > Ancient walls > Commercial hub > Market F Builder F Settler F Trader € Factory > Kilwa Kisiwani € Coal power plant > Ruhr Valley > Theater square > Amphitheater > Art museum > Broadcast center > Trader > Trader > Builder
Vigo:c5capital: (T103): € Quadrireme > Harbor > Monument F Settler > Lighthouse € Shipyard > Ancient walls > Theater square > Amphitheater > Mausoleum at Halicarnassus > Granary > Archaeological museum > Water park € Archaeologist > Seaport > Broadcast center > Ferris wheel
Zaragoza:c5capital: (T112): Monument > Holy site > Shrine F Missionary > Temple F Apostle > Harbor > Lighthouse > Mosque F Naturalist > Shipyard > Builder > Builder
Cartagena:c5capital: (T112): Monument F Settler > Harbor > Ancient walls F Settler > Diplomatic quarter > Lighthouse > Consulate > Chancery > Neighborhood > Holy site F Rock band > Shrine
Valencia:c5capital: (T123): € Water mill € Archer > Monument F Settler > Ancient walls > Harbor > Lighthouse € Shipyard > Holy site > Theater square > Shrine > Etemenanki > Temple > Amphitheater > Archeological museum > Archaeologist > Water park € Ferris wheel > Mosque
Toledo:c5capital: (T126): Monument > Industrial zone € Workshop F Trader F Trader F Trader > Dam F Trader > Mont St. Michel > Theater square € Factory € Coal power plant € Settler > Cristo Redentor > Harbor > Amphitheater > Lighthouse > Archaeological museum > Broadcast center
Rheims:c5war: (T129): € Monument > Ancient walls > Repairs > Medieval walls > Harbor > Lighthouse > University > Shipyard > Theater square > Entertainment complex
Pamplona:c5capital: (T130): € Trebuchet > Monument € Granary > Ancient walls > Harbor > Lighthouse > Industrial zone € Shipyard € Seaport F Naturalist > Canal
Rouen:c5war: (T131): Repairs F Cathedral > Ancient walls > Medieval walls € Library F Builder F Builder > Harbor > Lighthouse F Trader F Trader F Trader F Trader > Statue of Liberty > Shipyard F Apostle > University F Rock band F Rock band > Seaport
Havana:c5capital: (T133): Harbor > Lighthouse > Theater square > Amphitheater F Rock band > Shipyard > Art museum
Jakarta:c5war: (T133): Ancient walls > Monument > Granary > Holy site > Shrine > Temple > Meeting house F Apostle > Hagia Sophia
Murcia:c5capital: (T134): Ancient walls > Monument > Industrial zone € Workshop > Aqueduct > Theater square € Oil power plant > Amphitheater > Art museum € Builder > Broadcast center
Bima:c5war: (T138): Monument > Harbor > Lighthouse > Theater square € Amphitheater > Trader
Jaen:c5capital: (T149): Monument > Preserve > Harbor > F Naturalist > Grove > St. Basil’s Cathedral
Las Palmas:c5capital: (T149): Monument > Theater square € Amphitheater € Art museum > Harbor > Lighthouse € Builder > Water park > Ferris wheel
Vitoria-Gasteiz:c5capital: (T152): Monument > Theater square > Amphitheater F Naturalist > Harbor
Caguana:c5war: (T153): Repairs > Campus > Commercial hub F Naturalist > Neighborhood > Entertainment complex > Arena > Market
Vasteras:c5war: (T156): Repairs
Rapa Nui:c5war: (T161): Repairs € Amphitheater > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory € Shipyard > Art museum > Oil power plant
Orebro:c5war: (T161): € Granary > Monument
Santander:c5capital: (T165): Monument > Commercial hub > Granary > Market € Builder F Naturalist > Theater square > Amphitheater
Oran:c5capital: (T167-T173): Monument
Alicante:c5capital: (T182): € Granary > Monument € Water mill > Holy site
Amboise:c5puppet: (T186): Granary F Rock band > Encampment > Theater square

Attachments

• GOTM131 PHILIP II 203 Cultural.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
CV turn 284

Late for the submission, but too proud not to post :) Thanks for the map, I was scared of deity culture with Philip, but decided that in the worst case I can always just conquer, as it's a sea map :) This was not necessary though :)

Spoiler :

As this was Philip, my plan was to generate A LOT OF FAITH and beeline for parks and rock bands. I also planned quite some parks in advance and deleted some mines in preparation for Conservation.

Didn't use inquisitors and conquistadors, but trade routes and missions are great for faith generation! Basically, in the end I could buy a rock band every 2 turns, and naturalists whenever needed.

5 cities on home continent, then 2 north, then settled under Chinguetti when Gitarga was already there. She declared a surprise war and destroyed this city. But in the end that continent was mine, with 3 my cities and one captured.

Tech: pretty much beelined to missions, then to frigates to defend against Gitarja, then to computers.
Civics: religion first, then culture

Harbors, theater squares, water parks everywhere. Only had 4 holy sites and a couple of campuses, this was enough. A lot of builders, monumentality golden age helped. Missed Petra and Christo, but in general the competition for wonders was surprisingly tepid. Didn't have place for industry on the home continent, which probably slowed me down

Earth Goddess for even MORE religion, then Divine Inspiration, World Church, Holy Order and Stupas.

Stayed for a long time in Theology, didn't have any alliances so went communism. I was suzerain of almost all CSs so diplo cards were super useful

Pingala of course, Liang was making rounds and building fisheries everywhere

Everybody was friendly, with the exception of that surprize war from Gitarja. Traded with everybody obviously, for +75% tourism

I found Auckland a bit late, but as soon as I did, my production improved greatly :) Mohenjo helped with one waterless city that I squeezed on my continent, and I built some bateys. Bologna bonus is always nice too. Competition felt very un-deity like, no problems at all after Kilwa

Oh I was so frustrated, I missed golden age a couple of times just by 2 points! But by modernity I was comfortably on a golden age roll

Enough for eurecas, not enough to be a bother :)

The surprise war declaration was quite a shock. I did build walls, but my military was non-existent and my navy was just a couple of galleys against Gitarja's caravels. Luckily, I managed to change my production and research fast enough, so only lost one city, and recaptured the continent pretty fast.

Yes, very much! Except the last ~30 turns, which was the usual cultural victory frustration of watching the number of turns until victory change randomly and re-directing rock bands from closing borders.

2022-04-21 (2).png

2022-04-21 (5).png 2022-04-21 (3).png 2022-04-21 (4).png

Attachments

• PHILIP II 285 1828 AD.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

I know I'm too late for a submission (CV T258) but wanted to celebrate my incredible Rock Band who racked up 28250 tourism and 2875 album sales (not sure I know the difference between them but still...) - way way more than I've ever seen before.

Was a fun game, thanks.

Top Bottom