6otM145 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM145 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- Did you play super hide bonus? How did the shuffle/unknown impact your play?
- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

SV 261

Spoiler t261 :
1666286714565.jpeg

Phew... That was quite an abysmal map!
The Archipelago, high sea levels, old world age, arid climate, useless leader... there was just zero production anywhere!

But then, you really start to appreciate how incredible islands can become - sure, it is very hard to convince yourself to invest into a settler to settle a single (!) tile island, but even that single-tile island will actually pay off after 50 turns or so (by the means of a harbour with a lighthouse). The only sad part was that some islands were literally too small to house more than one district - although that usually was enough (for a single campus).

The barbarian camps spawning boats were a nightmare early on, to the point where I started buying raiders just to get rid of them. I went for an all-out trade approach, keeping good relations with everyone and prioritising harbors first in all cities. The win might not be the quickest, but that map is really harsh for a quick science victory. I am curious to see how others will do in that aspect.

I really love the approach of easier difficulty with much harsher map conditions - I think the other one which was similarly difficult was a recent King game (GotM 140).
Thanks for one of the more interesting saves lately!

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
I lost against AI Diplo Victory. But I don't understand how I lost when that AI had only 15 points, instead of 20.

Maybe it's some kind of bug. But the good thing is, I don't exactly play for participation in the competition. That's why it's not an issue for me at all. I play only for fun, which means I reload the game a few times in my way towards finishing the game. That is why I never post my files here, and rarely boast about my achievements here. But I play most of the GOTM games, as these are fun, and help me see how I did compared to all the better players. ;)

SV turn 298 - grrrr

It was a really interesting game, I don't usually use these settings and don't usually attempt different victory type than the leader is geared towards.
Could not avoid early wars with the Dutch, so my focus was on that for a while, but Amsterdam turned out to be a key city for launching stuff in the end.
For a while people could not forgive my annihilation of the Dutch, the lack of resource trades in that part of the game crippled my usual heavy-on-gold approach.
After the Dutch were forgotten I had friendships all over except for the English who never warmed up towards me. Through some silly allience I was dragged into war with Norway, which was early on fought by Nihangs on my side, and I was about to leave them be gaining only 1 city, when emergency passed, so found myself at war with ENG and NOR. By then I was way more advanced, so got Nidaros and sought for peace. The rest was uneventful, crunching through the tech tree.
I believe I still could make the whole launching bit more effective, so there def room for improvement.

As an added target I tried to do the achievement with the 5 Chateau-s and wine in a city, but the map was not in favour of it...

Good game, thanks!

Attachments

• ELEANOR SV 298 1854 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
SV 403 - won the race with England. I like peaceful games, but I'm still having hard time with micromanaging in late game. Thanks a lot for the game and I'm looking forward to another one.

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE (FRANCE) 403 1982 AD.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Science Victory: 1756 points. Turn 316.

I did have to reload a 30 turn earlier save when the game bugged out on me. So in the turn I wiped out Netherlands, when I took and razed their penultimate city, and had their final city convert due to cultural pressure, the netherlands successfully launched a Military Emergency against me for capturing their capitol and they remained in the game even though they had no cities. After the emergency was over they were still in the game, with no cities, and at permenant war with me and refusing to settle for anything. So I reloaded my previous evening's save.

- Did you play super hide bonus? How did the shuffle/unknown impact your play?
no

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
Well, I had my usual science plan: Go religion to power up science, aiming for a monumentality to pump out workers and settlers to build up my empire. I mean overall that is what happened, but the route to get there was strange.
What an interesting world, 3 city states and 2 civs on the same continent with me and almost nowhere to settle, bu Turn 11 I'd already encountered them all. The game settings made for a very different game indeed.

- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?
Slinger, settler, holy site, ships.

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
After scouting some of my continent what I could see of it, I focused on going for ship technologies so that I could find new land to settle into, getting the ability for any unit to go into the sea slowed down all the other early technologies, but I feel was the right course, I found plenty of other people and lands to occupy.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Very little to be honest. I did flip a couple of cities mid and late game, the auto switching to me was great when it happened. But that was as much an accident of gold age vs dark age than anything else. I kind of shunned cultural selections being afraid of getting a cultural victory, that was a wrong move, I took way too long to get to communism so I could get the sacrifice workers for production ability

- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
25 cities overall. I think I settled 12 and captured 13.
My first city was in place, the second in one of the few available tiles to the north, and what a great spot that was. It had horses and iron, which I only found out about many turns after settling it (as I ignored those technologies going for sailing stuff). Third and forth cities to the large to the east. Joao to the south of the initial continent, had left his cities on the coast very weakly defended. I'd built up quite a few ships by now and well, there were a bunch of his cities just waiting to be taken. And they were. He hadn't developed his ironworking and had built farm over his horses. So his cities were most excellent, ages later they were extremly productive! That was my 5-6-7-8th cities, one of them I burned to the ground it was in a horrible position in desert at the far western tip and would have converted to Netherlands, I couldn't maintain loyalty on it, so better to kill it now. Then a few more scattered around the world where the looked to be good places. Netherlands took Mogadishu, which I had just suzed, well, I prosecuted a quick war to free it which cost me quite a few ships as she had caravels and I didn't. I really regretted the loss of those promoted early ships later :(. After a short peace where I now build catapults and bombards as Netherlands had walls I then marched and took that area for another 5-6 cities. Again, I burned one to the ground as it was in such a horrible place at the far NW tip of the land.
Then my game bugged out I played on a bunch of turns to see if it would fix itself but it didn't so I had to reload from 30 turns back (the previous evening save after freeing Mogadishuand before declaring war on Netherlands). I replayed following the same pattern, but not the exact same moves, and this time it didn't bug out. I left Netherlands with a city to stop things from happening, but they really screwed me with double grievances before they would accept peace. Damn, that was it, 600 grievances. Everyone hated me and permanently denounced me until the end of the game. I mean WTF.
I founded a few more cities here and there later on to capture resources and keep expansion going on. Probably unnecessary.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Going for the sea technologies was I felt key to victory, I got the expansion room from it, that produced a large empire which gave me the science base.
Frigates. Frigates are awesome city wall killers especially when promoted.
I end up building way too much stuff in far too many cities, I know should just settle in and churn out science projects, but that is so boring!

- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
With scarce resources I went for City Patron Goddess - which I have never done before. I though getting that 1st disctrict would be good. Not so sure that is true. I think the fishing one would have been better, but it was gone before I got there.
Work Ethic (production is good)
Holy Orders alway a good choice
Cross Cultural Dialog for more science. Though I feel this ended up as winning "more"
Stupa's - amenities were a constant problem with scarce resources.

- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
All the usual ones. Oligarch when preparing for war, then move into stage 2, and stay in theology using the discount to buy things with faith until ready to move into Communism for the science push.

- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
Magnus for the pop and the few chops I got from him anyway.
Moshka - buying a spaceport in 1 turn is king. All those other builds he does are really useful in many other cities. Move and wait 5 turns, trigger 1-2 districts then move again.

- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
Only until I took Netherlands. The massive (doubled grievances) made everything pointless for the rest of the game. Completely and utterly pointless. The 30th turn of denouncement ended I was instantly re-denounced before I could try sway anyone and the penaltys for excessive grievances meant I only ever had diplo points from briefly participating in emergencies.
Grievances should fade and the rate of fading should increase as time passes. I'm sure I should have just wiped Netherlands out, but I was so afraid of the game bugging out on me again.

- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
First age was dark :( the other civ's killed all the barbs before I could. Then a heroic and a golden for the rest of the game. Converting cities while at was with someone secured the medieval golden age. fun!

- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
Not much to say, it was the world not the modes that were impactful

- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
The world was surprising, it was quite frustrating being so hemmed in, but meeting 3 city states early on was a shock!
The bugged state of Netherlands was incredibly irritating, leading to a reload, but I played in the same style afterwards.

- Did you enjoy your game?
yes, I found it challenging, but once I got going very interesting.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0316.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
Console player here so only participating in spirit. Turn 404 loss to AI Diplomatic Victory. This was a tough one, although it was still fun. I was suffering amenity penalties all game across my empire. I managed to wage a successful war against one civ to gain some territory, but then I made a critical mistake of betraying an ally and I was in a betrayal war for 60 turns. I came out victorious with several new cities, but all that time spent waging an unhappy war set me back in science. I was finally getting going by turn 400 and was launching my spaceport projects, but one other civ just managed to squeak out enough Diplomatic points for the victory. I was top score and probably about 15 turns from victory in science. I was actually flipping quite a few cities at this point with Elanors ability. I had almost launched Mars and had Carl Sagan on deck for the exo planet expedition, and had many other spaceport ready to boost it with builders. Fun, but pretty punishing.

I won with a diplomatic victory on turn 347. I was in line to win a science victory, when a world congress granted me 3 points on the same turn I built the statue of liberty.

I owned the main continent and most of the surrounding islands and founded Catholicism.

I streamed the game over two sessions on twitch, if you want to check any of it out.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0347.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Science Victory, T255, Score 2321, 30.5 h

Plan
My expectations were a peaceful expansion game looking for good campuses like most of my other science games. I aimed to build Etemenanki hoping a lot of desert floodplains (wrong) as my wonder bonus towards Drama. Then expected to go Sailing for exploring and then look after Universities. But a comet chariot at T9 and discovering there was no space for expansion in the initial island, made me decide attempt an early rush. Regretfully it did not end good (more on that later) but I surprised myself and managed to recover and have a powerful end game that prettied up the end result.

Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-21 22-50-58.png

Early game
So, chariot in T9, by T12 I had met both Wilhelmina and Joao. I shifted my research to something that might help me to do some room, so Sailing for exploration and conquest, Animal Husbandry for horses and Bronze Working for encampments. The war begun with some success, conquering Porto at T40 and stealing there a settler. But then... barbarian quadriremes started to bomb my units on their way to Lisbon, I lost my warrior and an archer. With the failed campaign over Lisbon, Porto bounced back to Joao due to loyalty, and also Lyon, the city I settled in an attempt to loyalty press with the stolen settler. So by T53 I had lost all I had obtained. I would still do another attempt, this time with galleys, but again, the barbarians destroyed one of my galleys, and despite some success at recovering Porto from the rebels, my failure to seize Joao's capital found the city back on his hands. Defeated and ashamed, I signed peace with him on T64. With little space and a lot of resources lost I thought the game was set for a defeat and certainly not a good timed victory, specially with both Harald and Wilhelmina denouncing me for my acts.

Things needed a strong shake, and I attempted to change the tide with some very aggressive diplomacy. I profited the grudge between my enemies and took the money Wilhelmina offered me to fight Harald. By T69 I used that money to buy my second settler. By T79 I signed peace having lost a galley in this war, and in T83 I turned the table and joined Harald and Joao in a war against Wilhelmina. With a horseman, a chariot and a couple more units (spearman and archer I believe) this war went much better. Having learned the lesson, I went after Amsterdam first, getting it in T87 with a settler present. The loyalty was menacing me again, and Harlem already had walls, so I headed into the artic and conquered Utrecht with the help of a galley, the barbarians there caused some pain but thanks to the horses higher mobility, managed through in the end.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-22 02-09-25.png

Diplomacy
Unexpectedly, this was a very war game, and only two AI remained by the end, the two that were liking me enough to form alliances.

After conquering Amsterdam, I was denounced by Basil (I only knew him 1 turn!) and Harald. Seeing no good relations possible, I kept shaking the hive. In T97 I accepted Joao's gold to fight Harald, and in T99 I accepted Victoria's gold to fight Basil. I largely ignored Basil for he was to far away, but I tried some strategy with Harald. He had a strong navy, so I crossed the ocean instead with my army once I signed peace with Wilhelmina T110. Avoiding the coast, my soldiers ventured through the northern arctic lands facing cold, snow and Taruga's army (Harald levied them). Managed to cross the ice and reach Harald's back taking Skedsmo (T136) and Bergen (T140), Nidaros will fall in T148, point at which I signed peace and let Tromsø fall to loyalty pressure.

There was some war with Kupe too, but he fell very easily with my navy.

I really would have left it there, I managed to make Joao happy and turned him into an ally for the rest of the game as well as Gitarja, but at T231 Joao offered a massive amount of money to fight Victoria, and I went for it, which also triggered a war with Basil who was her ally. London fell in T239, which triggered an emergency war, and Constantinople in T248.

The bonuses to production the AI has, helped me conquer mature cities, but overall I think the raiding of the campuses and theater squares with the Raid policy card was what gave me an edge and helped me back on par for a Science Victory.
Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-28 22-54-16.png

Cities
It took me some time to decide where to settle. The river was better for early housing, but in the end I decided to settle the coast for being an archipelago map I considered the Sailing eureka more important.

Settled 19 cities, conquered 38 but lost 2 to loyalty. Got 5 from loyalty pressure.

Religion
Pantheon: Earth Goddess, because I had no plan to build Holy sites and needed a source of faith, and with the mountains and coast it seemed promising.
Religion: I had no plan for it at all, but in T215 I eventually got a religion as no one seemed interested, and took Zen Meditation and World Church, basically because by then I had some trouble with happiness and to help me with culture which has a bit more value than the same amount of science in my opinion.

Wonders
I went for Etemmenanki but lately found there was no desert floodplains. It helped a bit in the early game, although the hammers could have gone better into more units for the early wars... I built Oxford University, which came well timed to give me Smart Materials, and a late Amundsen-Scott station. From the conquered wonders, I think Pyramids was probably the more helpful, although Machu Pichu made some spots more attractive for Industrial zones.

For natural wonders, I settled Cliffs of Dover in T80, which helped a lot with early culture. Lysefjord was helpful, and give Bergen more production.

Barbarians
They impacted heavily the early game for me, and I think I might had conquered Lisbon if not for them. For the rest of the game I took very seriously on clearing up their encampments.

Final state
In the end I managed to buy settlers with Monumentality and placed campuses in any reef and geothermal fissure I could find. Went with Royal Society, with so many trade routes I had the money to buy builders to speed up the science projects. Because of lack of other types of production, I tried to get the most from factories, power stations and specially from trade routes production (I had 28 by the end) slotting all the cards that can give production to the trade routes.

This game was really deep an intense, the late game with so many cities it was a nightmare to manage, but I really enjoyed coming from a position in which my early plan failed and I thought defeat was a possibility, and reached a point where I completely dominated the map and won the Science race. Had this been a Deity game, I would have most probably lost it. Thanks a lot for the game!!!

Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-42-20.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-43-30.png

Spoiler Full log :

1 - 🏁Ancient Era; Pangea🗾 Paris🏠
2 - Caguana🌐 Rapa Nui🌐
5 - Mogadishu🌐
8 - Code of Laws🎵 Slinger!
9 - Comet (Chariot)
11 - Pottery🧪 Wilhelmina🌐
12 - Joao🌐
21 - Writing🧪 Settler!
23 - Calais🏠
26 - Foreign Trade🎵
27 - Ha Long Bay🗻
29 - Mining🧪 Trader💰
33 - Pantheon (Earth Goddess)🔮 War to Joao🔥
37 - Animal Husbandry🧪
38 - Denounced by Wilhelmina🔥
40 - Early Empire🎵 Porto📍 Settler📍 Amani💼
43 - Unmet City-State💀
44 - Sailing🧪 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Builder💰
46 - Lyon🏠 Trader💀
49 - Archery🧪 Craftsmanship🎵 Archer🔺
50 - Etemenanki🏰 Lyon📢
52 - Mysticism🎵 Archer! Rapa Nui♟
53 - Porto📢
55 - Galley!
57 - 🏁Classical Era (Free Inquiry)
58 - Horseback Riding🧪 Caguana♟
59 - Galley!
60 - Campus!
61 - Astrology🧪 Harald🌐 Warrior💀
62 - Galley!
63 - Archer💀 Denounced by Harald🔥
64 - Peace with Joao🕊
65 - State Workforce🎵 Galley! Liang💼
66 - Cliffs of Dover🗻
67 - Porto📍 Oceania🗾 Amasia🗾 Preslav🌐 Unmet City-State💀
69 - Joint war against Harald with Wilhelmina🔥 Taruga🌐 Settler💰
70 - Kalaharia🗾 Galley💀 Porto📢
72 - Granary! Monument!
74 - Shipbuilding🧪
76 - Political Philosophy🎵 Oligarchy🏛
77 - Drama and Poetry🎵
78 - Bronze Working🧪 Galley💀 Muscat🌐
79 - Peace with Harald🕊 Horseman!
80 - Bordeux🏠
81 - Wheel🧪 Gitarja🌐
82 - Builder!
83 - Granary💰 Joint war against Wilhelmina with Harald and Joao🔥 Victoria🌐 Library💰
84 - Masonry🧪
85 - Currency🧪 Basil🌐 Lahore🌐
87 - Amsterdam📍 Settler📍 Builder💰 Denounced by Basil🔥
89 - Denounced by Harald🔥
90 - Recorded History🎵 Emissary (Amani)💼 Encampment!
92 - Irrigation🧪 Spearman!
93 - Archer!
96 - Iron Working🧪 Archer! Battering ram💰
97 - Granary! Joint war against Harald with Joao🔥 Barracks💰
99 - Spearman! Joint war against Basil with Victoria🔥 Yerevan🌐
100 - Boudica👨 Archer!
101 - Warrior! Utrecht📍 Trader💰 Granary💰
102 - Muscat♟ Buenos Aires🌐 Archer💀
104 - Construction🧪 Theology🎵 Archer! Village (+1 envoy) Spearman💀
105 - Games and Recreation🎵 Builder💰
106 - Haarlem📍 Denounced by Victoria🔥
107 - 🏁Medieval Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Celestial Navigation🧪
108 - Mathematics🧪 Horseman! Village (engineering) Settler💰
110 - Apprenticeship🧪 Peace with Wilhelmina🕊 Government plaza! Pingala💼
111 - Rennes🏠
112 - Defensive Tactics🎵 Builder! Horseman!
114 - Village (relic)
115 - Water mill! Horseman💀
116 - Quadrireme💰 Anshan🌐 Campus! Ancient walls!
119 - Feudalism🎵 Builder🔮 Village (+50 gold) Monument! Circumnavigation🌍 Library💰 Library💰 Lighthouse💰
120 - Engineering🧪 Ancient walls! Village (+20 faith) Denounced by Wilhelmina🔥
121 - Military Training🎵 Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zaharawi Builder🔮 Lysefjord🗻
122 - Education🧪 La Rochelle🏠
123 - Harbor! Library! Settler🔮 Settler💰 Peace to Basil🕊
124 - Machinery🧪 Water mill! Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥
125 - Ancestral hall! Monument! Connoisseur (Pingala)💼
126 - Trung Trac👨
127 - Monument! Aqueduct! Builder💰
128 - Stirrups🧪 Monument! Lighthouse! Granary! Settler💰 Crossbowman🔺 Anshan♟
129 - Mercenaries🎵 Marseille🏠 Builder🏠 Rouen🏠 Builder🏠
131 - Man-at-arms🔺
132 - Military Engineering🧪 Monument! Village (guilds, medieval fairies) Crossbowman🔺 Crossbowman🔺 Horseman💀
133 - Crossbowman🔺 Village (+20 niter) Denounced by Basil🔥
134 - Theater square! Campus! Settler💰 Trader!
135 - Medieval Faires🎵 Grants (Pingala)💼 Chariot💀
136 - Skedsmo📍 Granary! Village (+1 pop)
137 - Library! Denounced by Victoria🔥
138 - Civil Service🎵 Joao (economic)🚩 Gitarja (cultural)🚩
139 - Toulouse🏠 Builder🏠 Settler🔮
140 - Water mill! Bergen📍 Ancient walls! Montpellier🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰
141 - Astronomy🧪 University!
142 - Ancient walls! Monument! Builder💰 Defeated Wilhelmina🔥
143 - Groningen📢 Amboise🏠 Builder🏠 Kupe🌐 Met all civilizations🌍
144 - Guilds🎵 University! Researcher (Pingala)💼 Amphitheater! Writing🌐 Classical Republic🏛
145 - Granary!
146 - Banking🧪 Granary!
148 - Printing🧪 Buttress🧪 Nidaros📍 Trader🔮
149 - Leif Erickson👨 Emergency war against me from Victoria and Harald🔥
150 - Peace with Harald🕊 Denounced by Kupe🔥
151 - Cartography🧪 Armory! University! Caravel🔺 Caravel🔺 Joint war against Kupe with Harald🔥 Settler📍 Johannesburg🌐
152 - Exploration🎵 Ancient walls! Builder🔮 Granary!
153 - 🏁Renaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Village (+20 xp)
154 - Tromsø📢
155 - Gunpowder🧪 Æthelflæd👨 Galapagos Islands🗻
156 - University!
157 - Square Rigging🧪 Entertainment complex! Village (+1 pop)
158 - Castles🧪 Holy site!
159 - Humanism🎵 Water mill! Village (siege tactics) Nantes🏠 Builder🏠 Harbor!
160 - Birmingham📢 Water mill! Monument! Denounced by Harald🔥
161 - Metal Casting🧪 Shrine! Harbor! Theater square!
162 - Harbor! Campus! Settler🔮
163 - Military Tactics🧪 Scientific Theory🧪 The Enlightenment🎵 Courser🔺 Frigate🔺
164 - Frigate💰 Denounced by Basil🔥
165 - Industrial area!
166 - Lighthouse! Temple! Harbor! Lighthouse! Village (+75 gold)
168 - Blois🏠 Builder🏠 Lighthouse! Musketman🔺
169 - Sanitation🧪 Joint war against Harald with Gitarja🔥 Knight💰
170 - Trader!
171 - Mass Production🧪 Aqueduct! Leeds📍 Builder📍 Village (builder) Settler🔮
172 - Yi Sun-Sin👨 Ironclad👨 Monument! Village (+40 gold)
174 - Nationalism🎵 Provision (Magnus)💼 Settler💰 Trader! Preserve! University! Pike and shot🔺 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Builder🔮
175 - Kilwa Kisiwani🏰 Library!
176 - Charles Darwin👨 Village (+60 faith) Settler📍 Harbor!
177 - Economics🧪 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Village (+20 favor)
178 - Industrialization🧪 Amphitheater! Builder📍 Writing🌐 Writing🌐 Grove💰 Workshop!
179 - Liverpool📍 Commercial hub! Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Tours🏠 Builder🏠
180 - Amphitheater! Won emergency for Nidaros🔥 Ngaruawahia📍
182 - Mercantilism🎵 Shipyard! Commercial hub! Market💰 Campus!
183 - Colonialism🎵 Ferdinand Magellan👨 Armory! Settler🔮 Kaiapoi📍 Knight💰
184 - Flight🧪 Peace with Victoria🕊 Ana Nzinga👨 Perslav♟ Buenos Aires♟ Village (divine right) Shipyard💰 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥
185 - Emergency Kupe and Harald for Kaiapoi🔥 Granary! Campus! Granary! Campus! Boulogne🏠 Builder🏠 Te Hokianga-Nui-A-Kupe📍 Builder🔮
186 - Military engineer! Arena! Shipyard💰 Trader🔮 Trader🔮
187 - Civil Engineering🎵 Isidore of Miletus👨 Lighthouse! Moksha💼 Verdun🏠 Builder🏠 Mogadishu♟
188 - Holy site! Sewer! Builder📍 Builder📍 Military engineer!
189 - Steam Power🧪 Trader🔮 Lighthouse💰 Whakarewarewa📍 Avignon🏠 Builder🏠 Great Barrier Reef🗻 Mausoleum at Halicarnassus🏰
190 - Replaceable Parts🧪 Granary! Library! Builder📍 Granary💰
191 - Musketman!
192 - Francis Drake👨 Library! Oslo📍 Defeated Harald🔥
193 - Chemistry🧪 Urbanization🎵 Lighthouse! Campus! Campus! Granary! Kapiti📍 Defeated Kupe🔥 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Privateer👨 Library💰 University💰
194 - Won emergency for Kaiapoi🔥 Granary! Library💰 University💰 Denounced by Victoria🔥
195 - Siege Tactics🧪 Lighthouse!
196 - Forbidden City🏰 University! Campus! Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Settler🔮
197 - Margaret Cavendish👨 Coal power plant! Monument! Shipyard💰
198 - Ballistics🧪 Theater square! Campus! Library! Shipyard! Monument!
199 - Scorched Earth🎵 Santa Cruz👨 Ironclad🔺 Ironclad🔺 Trader🔮 Trader🔮
200 - Library! Campus!
201 - Radio🧪 Library! Industrial zone! Barracks! Monument! Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Amiens🏠 Builder🏠
202 - University💰 University💰
203 - 🏁Industrial Era (Golden Age - Heartbeat of Steam) Natural History🎵 Aerodrome! Archaeological museum! Taruga♟
204 - Mobilization🎵 Grand master’s chappel! Grand inquisitor (Moksha)💼 Citadel of God (Moksha)💼 University! Harbor! Library! University💰
205 - Rocketry🧪 Sewer! Library! University💰
206 - Military Strategy🧪 Jeanne d’Arc👨 Campus! Shrine!
207 - Riffling🧪 Mass Media🎵 Library! Divine architect (Moksha)💼 Workshop💰
208 - Steel🧪 Hieronymus Bosch👨 Research lab! University! University! Campus! Military academy💰
209 - Temple! Harbor! Lighthouse! Relic👨 Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥 Builder💀
210 - Refining🧪 Neighborhood! Privateer💰
211 - Electricity🧪 Builder💰 Shipyard! Harbor! Library! Amphitheater!
212 - Laskarina Bouboulina👨 University! Lighthouse! Religious👨
214 - Ideology🎵 Alfred Nobel👨 Martin Luther👨 Jakob Fugger👨 Leonardo da Vinci👨 University! Library!
215 - Combustion🧪 Holy site! Religion (Zen Meditation, World Church)🔮 University! Industrial zone! Art museum! University💰 Research lab! Shrine💰 Temple💰 Comet (Tank) Yerevan♟ Apostle🔮 Apostle🔮 Apostle🔮 Apostle🔮
216 - Water park! Religious👨
217 - Plastics🧪 Conservation🎵 Tank🔺 Infantry🔺 Johannesburg♟ Ludwig van Beethoven👨 Trader! Harbor! Religious👨 Village (+20 favor, +50 gold) Sewer💰 University💰
218 - Combined Arms🧪 University! University! Research lab!
219 - Research lab! Water park! Archaeologist! Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥
220 - Suffrage🎵 Oil power plant💰 Goethe👨 Ching Shih👨 Workshop! Military academy! Campus! Harbor! Builder💰 Builder💰 Democracy🏛
221 - Advanced Ballistics🧪 Lighthouse! Campus! Entertainment complex! Campus!
222 - Campus! Lighthouse! Campus! Commercial hub! Biplane💰
223 - Nuclear Fission🧪 Advanced Flight🧪 Biplane💰 Research lab! University! Library! Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Shipyard!
224 - Cold War🎵 Bank! Library!
225 - Albert Einstein👨 Commercial hub! Research lab💰 Entertainment complex! Seaport! Ferris wheel! Arena! Library! Harbor! Granary! University! University! Denounced by Victoria🔥 Frigate💀
226 - Synthetic Materials🧪 Zoo! Lighthouse!
227 - Satellites🧪 Tank🔮 José de San Martín👨 Horatio Nelson👨 Aqueduct! Research lab!
228 - Composites🧪 Rapid Deployment🎵 Entertainment complex! University! Research lab! Library! Village (+20 faith)
229 - Nanotechnology🧪 Lighthouse👨 Shipyard👨 Research lab! Shipyard💰 Research lab! Library! Aerodrome! Hangar💰 Airport💰 University! Village (nuclear fusion, robotics)
230 - Spaceport! Royal Society! Research lab! Market! Trader! Research lab! Market! Space initiative (Pingala)💼 Comet (Modern armor)
231 - Archaeological museum! Spaceport! University! Research lab! Arena! Joint war against Victoria with Joao🔥 Hangar💰 Aeroport💰 Research lab💰
232 - Advanced Power Cells🧪 Space Race🎵 Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥 Ada Lovelace👨 Titian👨 Research lab!
233 - Computers🧪 Drone💰 Drone💰 Research lab! Research lab! Bank! Research lab! Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥
234 - Lasers🧪 Trader! Shipyard! University! Trader💰 Trader💰 Trader💰 Trader💰
235 - Nuclear Fusion🧪 Seaport! Water park! University! Research lab! Research lab! Industrial zone! Research lab! Research lab💰
236 - Globalization🎵 Research lab! Water park! Diplomatic quarter! Trader! Black marketeer (Magnus)💼 Research lab💰 Builder💰
237 - Guidance Systems🧪 Launch Earth satellite! Builder💰 Research lab! Sanctuary! Lighthouse! Granary! Industrial zone! Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥 Trader💰 Trader💰
238 - Robotics🧪 Stealth Technology🧪 Smart Materials🧪 Nuclear Program🎵 Oxford University🏰 Spaceport🔮 Industrial zone! Research lab! Shipyard! Campus! Granary💰 Builder💰 Courser💀 Trader💀
239 - Telecommunications🧪 Harbor! Trader! Water mill💰 Builder💰 London📍 Builder💰 Builder💰 Trader💰
240 - Seasteads🧪 Professional Sports🎵 Mary Shelley👨 Launch Moon landing! Archaeologist! Ferris wheel! Factory! Consulate! Trader! Builder💰 Trader💰 Workshop! Stadium💰
241 - Cybernetics🧪 Social Media🎵 Emergency war from Victoria and Basil for London🔥 Franz von Hipper👨 Trader! Ferris wheel! Research lab! Workshop! Research lab! Library! Vertical integration (Magnus)💼 Builder💰
242 - Offworld Mission🧪 Optimization Imperative🎵 Builder💰 Lighthouse! Research lab! Workshop! Lahore♟ Battleship👨 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥
243 - Future Tech🧪 Cultural Heritage🎵 Village (Spec Ops) Spaceport🔮 Commercial hub! Launch Mars colony! Shipyard! Aquarium💰 Aquatics center💰 Builder💰
244 - Environmentalism🎵 Mary Leakey👨 Jet Fighter🔺 Modern AT🔺 Granary! Entertainment complex! Aqueduct! Builder💰
245 - Future Tech🧪 Near Future Governance🎵 Builder💰 Thessalonica📍 James Watt👨 Coal power plant! Research lab! Reyna💼 Jet Fighter🔺 Musketman💀
246 - Predictive Systems🧪 Global Warming Mitigation🎵 Builder💰 Seaport! Harbor! Zoo! University! Chancery! Shipyard! Arena!
247 - Future Tech🧪 Cultural Hegemony🎵 Launch exoplanet expedition! Convert to nuclear power! Builder💰 Seaport! Bank! Granary! Shipyard! Market! Factory!
248 - Advanced AI🧪 Exodus Imperative🎵 Launch Lagrange laser station! Lighthouse! Shipyard! Aqueduct! Water mill! Factory! Settler💰 Constantinople📍
249 - Future Tech🧪 Information Warfare🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station Granary! Builder💰 Builder💰 Barbarian encampment (+40 gold)🔥 Missile cruiser🔺 Shipyard! Bank! Gustave Eiffel👨🔮
250 - Future Tech🧪 Launch Lagrange laser station! Launch Lagrange laser station! Builder! Builder💰 Builder💰 Seaport!
251 - Future Tech🧪 Potala Palace🏰 Amundsen-Scott Research Station🏰 Build Terrestrial laser station! John Spilsbury👨 Seaport! Sewer💰 Builder💰 Builder💰 Entertainment complex! Factory! Ancyra📍 Defeated Basil🔥 Comet (Modern armor)
252 - Angkor Wat🏰 Adrianople📢 Defeated Victoria🔥 Cugana📢 Won Emergency War for London🔥 Janaki Amal👨 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Launch Lagrange laser station! Trader! Oil power plant! Campus! Aqueduct! Seaport! Entertainment complex! Builder💰 Builder💰 Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥 Grenoble🏠 Builder🏠
253 - Future Tech🧪 Matthew Perry👨 Build Terrestrial laser station! Seaport! Library! Temple! Builder💰 Builder💰
254 - Colosseum🏰 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Aqueduct! Builder! Bank! Harbor! Builder! Builder! Builder! Builder💰 Village (+90 gold)
255 - 🏁Modern Era (Golden Age - Heartbeat of Steam) Future Tech🧪 Build Terrestrial laser station! Builder💰 Builder💰 Spaceport! Water park! Nuclear power plant! Build laser terrestrial station! Builder💰 Barbarian encampment (+90 gold)🔥
255 - Science Victory🏆

Spoiler Detailed build order :

1. Paris🏠 (T1): Slinger > Settler > Etemenanki > Archer > Galley > Galley > Galley > Galley > Granary > Horseman > Encampment > Spearman > Archer > Archer € Barracks > Spearman > Warrior > Archer > Horseman > Horseman € Quadrireme > Campus > Monument € Library > Ancient walls > Aqueduct > University > Armory > Trader > Harbor > Lighthouse > Trader > Trader > Shipyard > Military engineer > Musketman > Theater square > Research lab € Military academy > Spaceport € Trader € Trader € Trader € Trader € Builder > Launch Earth satellite € Builder € Trader € Trader € Builder € Builder € Trader > Launch Moon landing € Trader > Launch Mars colony > Launch Exoplanet Expedition € Seaport > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder > Launch Lagrange laser station € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station € Sewer € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder > Launch Lagrange laser station
  2. Calais🏠 (T23): € Trader > Campus € Settler > Monument > Builder € Granary € Library € Builder > Water mill € Battering ram > Archer > Government plaza > Ancestral hall > University F Trader > Kilwa Kisiwani > Commercial hub € Market > Holy site > Sewer > Grand master’s chappel > Shrine > Temple F Apostle F Apostle > Research lab > Bank > Royal Society > Spaceport > Build Terrestrial laser station
  3. Porto📍 (T40 - 53/67 - 71): € Builder > Repairs
  4. Lyon🏠 (T46 - 50): Monument
  5. Bordeaux🏠 (T80): Granary € Trader € Settler > Builder > Harbor > Lighthouse > Monument > Campus F Settler > Library € Shipyard > University > Research lab > Seaport > Trader > Water park > Ferris wheel
  6. Amsterdam📍 (T87): € Builder > Repairs > Water mill > Library > Theater square > Amphitheater > Entertainment complex > Industrial area > Workshop > Arena > Coal power plant > University > Neighborhood > Research lab > Zoo > Archaeological museum € Builder > Archaeologist € Builder € Stadium € Builder € Builder € Builder € Builder € Builder € Builder > Convert to nuclear power € Builder € Builder > Builder € Builder € Builder > Trader > Build Terrestrial laser station
  7. Utrecht📍 (T101): € Granary > Ancient walls € Settler > Monument > Harbor > Mausoleum at Halicarnassus > Lighthouse € Shipyard > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Seaport > Entertainment complex > Arena
  8. Haarlem📍 (T106): Repairs F Builder € Library € Lighthouse F Builder > Water mill > Trader > Granary > University > Holy site > Shrine > Temple > Forbidden City > Industrial zone > Sewer € Workshop € Oil power plant > Spaceport > Research lab > Water park > Ferris wheel > Shipyard € Aquarium € Aquatics center > Seaport > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station € Builder € Builder > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  9. Rennes🏠 (T111): F Settler > Monument € Settler € Builder > Granary > Harbor > Lighthouse > Campus > Library € Sewer € University > Water park > Commercial hub > Market > Research lab > Bank > Ferris wheel
  10. La Rochelle🏠 (T122): € Builder > Monument > Granary > Campus € Settler > Library F Settler > Ancient walls > University > Theater square > Amphitheater > Sewer > Archaeological museum > Archaeologist > Research lab > Harbor > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Builder > Builder
  11. Rouen🏠 (T129): Monument > Harbor > Lighthouse > Trader € Granary > Campus > Library > University > Shipyard € Research lab > Entertainment complex > Amundsen-Scott Research Station > Aqueduct > Arena
  12. Marseille🏠 (T129): Water mill € Frigate € Knight > Preserve € Grove > Granary > Campus > Library € Builder > University > Sanctuary > Research lab > Harbor > Lighthouse > Water park
  13. Skedsmo📍 (T137): € Monument F Builder € Settler > Harbor > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory > Granary > Nuclear power plant > Builder
  14. Toulouse🏠 (T139): Ancient walls > Granary > Campus € Library € University > Harbor > Lighthouse > Repairs € Shipyard > Research lab > Seaport > Builder
  15. Montpellier🏠 (T140): € Monument > Granary > Water mill > Aqueduct > Commercial hub € Market > Campus > Library > University > Industrial zone > Workshop > Research lab > Bank > Factory F Spaceport > Coal power plant > Angkor Wat € Builder > Build terrestrial laser station
  16. Bergen📍 (T140): Ancient walls F Settler > Campus € Shipyard > Library > Granary > University > Holy site € Shrine € Temple F Apostle F Apostle > Research lab > Trader > Water park > Ferris wheel > Aqueduct > Seaport > Aquarium
  17. Groningen📢 (T143): Repairs > Theater square F Builder > Amphitheater > Granary > Library > Art museum € University > Entertainment complex > Arena € Research lab > Zoo > Aqueduct > Industrial zone
  18. Amboise🏠 (T143): Monument > Campus € Library € University > Harbor > Lighthouse > Trader > Research lab > Trader > Trader € Water mill € Builder > Potala Palace > Water park
  19. Nidaros📍 (T148): Repairs > Water mill > University > Armory € Knight > Military engineer > Shipyard > Aerodrome > Research lab > Military academy € Biplane € Biplane > Seaport € Hangar € Aeroport > Oxford University F Spaceport > Entertainment complex > Arena > Granary > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build laser terrestrial station > Build laser terrestrial station
  20. Tromsø📢 (T154): Monument > Campus > Library € University > Harbor > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Research lab > Seaport > Holy site
  21. Nantes🏠 (159): F Settler > Harbor > Lighthouse F Tank > Shipyard > Campus > Library > University
  22. Birmingham📢 (T160): Harbor > Lighthouse > Shipyard > Builder
  23. Blois🏠 (T168): F Trader F Trader > Campus > Aqueduct > Library > University > Research lab > Entertainment complex > Arena
  24. Leeds📍 (T171): Repairs > Lighthouse > Library € University > Water park > Ferris wheel > Research lab € Drone > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory > Oil power plant > Aquarium
  25. Liverpool📍 (T179): F Builder F Trader F Trader F Trader € Lighthouse > Repairs € University € Builder > Amphitheater € Builder > Entertainment complex > Arena > Research lab € Drone > Diplomatic quarter > Consulate > Chancery > Colosseum > Zoo
  26. Tours🏠 (T179): Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Granary > Water mill € Builder > Industrial zone
  27. Ngaruawahia📍 (T180): Granary > Monument > University > Harbor G Lighthouse G Shipyard > Research lab > Trader > Trader € Settler > Seaport > Builder > Trader
  28. Kaiapoi📍 (T183): Repairs > Monument € University > Commercial hub > Market € Research lab > Bank > Commercial hub investment
  29. Boulogne🏠 (T185): Campus > Granary > Library > University € Research lab > Aqueduct > Holy site
  30. Te Hokianga-Nui-A-Kupe📍 (T185): Granary > Barracks € Privateer > University > Research lab > Shipyard > Builder > Water park
  31. Verdun🏠 (T187): F Settler > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Harbor > Lighthouse
  32. Whakarewarewa📍 (T189): Repairs > University > Aerodrome € Hangar € Airport > Industrial zone > Workshop > Research lab > Factory > Nuclear power plant
  33. Avignon🏠 (T189): Monument > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Granary > Commercial hub > Market > Bank > Stock exchange
  34. Oslo📍 (T192): Repairs > Lighthouse > University > Research lab > Shipyard > Builder > Huey Teocalli
  35. Kapiti📍 (T193): Repairs > Lighthouse > Shipyard
  36. Amiens🏠 (T201): Campus € Granary > Library > University > Research lab
  37. London📍 (T239): Repairs > Shrine > Temple > Stupa
  38. Thessalonica📍 (T245): Repairs
  39. Constantinople📍 (T249): Repairs
  40. Ancyra📍 (T251): Repairs
  41. Adrianople📢 (T252): Repairs
  42. Cugana📢 (T252):
  43. Grenoble🏠 (T252): Granary

Attachments

• GOTM145 ELEANOR 256 Science.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-37-40.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-37-40.png
    957.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-42-41.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-42-41.png
    3 MB · Views: 24
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-42-49.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-42-49.png
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-43-09.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2022-10-29 14-43-09.png
    985.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
SV, turn 295 - but on my second playthrough after aborting the first one at turn 40-something.

Tough map, which I managed to make tougher for myself. On the first run I forward settled the Dutch with my 2nd city, since it was already clear that there was little room. Loyalty didn't look to be a problem, but I didn't realize the Dutch capital was also near, and the Dutch cities grew in population rapidly, swamping out my city with loyalty pressure. Not a fatal error, could have recovered, but it was such a buzzkill and such a boneheaded mistake and still very early so I just threw in the towel and started over.

Second time around still had trouble getting any kind of early tempo; only reached 200 science at around turn 200. Like Xtowers, got involved in endless wars I somehow couldn't get out of. Took Rapa Nui with 3 galleys just to boost city count. Then, with 3 galleys sitting there and a Portuguese city with defense strength 10, took that one too. So I did start the war with Joao, but then he wouldn't accept peace. And while I was at war with Joao, Wilhelmina DOWed me. They wouldn't accept peace, so I ended up eliminating Joao, which triggered an Emergency and Norway joined the fight. They still wouldn't peace out so I ended up taking Amsterdam, which triggered another Emergency. So 100+ turns of war which greatly delayed my working on developing the empire.

Then, after having built up a solid military, I decided to just keep using it and eliminated everyone except Victoria (culture leader) and Gitarja. Not the game I had been hoping to play but I guess I did start it after all.

One interesting thing: the AIs actually really fought in the Emergency. Amsterdam was swarmed with berserkers, which I didn't take too seriously (can't recall having to fight Norway any time recently) but they're actually pretty strong on attack. I was again mega-careless and they took the city, winning the Emergency (can't remember the last time that happened to me)! But in the end it didn't matter- 2 turns after Amsterdam fell it reverted back to me from loyalty pressure due to Eleanor's attribute.

I agree c Chrumo, a challenging map makes the game much more interesting. Only downside was that Eleanor was pretty useless as a leader for Sci Vic- Court of Love, Garde Imperiale and the enhanced Wonder-building were all pretty irrelevant for me. Felt like I could have been playing any generic civ.

Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• GOTM 145 SciVic 295 1848 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
SV T300. Good to see slower than normal finish times for other players as well, the lack of resources definitely seemed to have an effect on everybody. Capital was quite bad and than always has a huge factor. Had to move all my trade routes to domestic and use trade route production policies to finish the projects in any reasonable time.

Founded 8 cities myself, captured Amsterdam from NL and 2 decent cities (eliminated) Portugal. In the end got 2 meaningless cities with culture. Had some wonders incl. Kilwa and Petra. Did not really utilize any leader/civ traits in this one.

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE (FRANCE) 300 1858 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Science Victory, turn 240, score 1656

I founded 3 cities and captured all the cities on my continent until 92nd turn. But I didn’t capture any city-states. I built the Warlord’s Throne in the Goverment Plaza, captured cities and received 20% of the production of the whole second half of the game.I chose Pantheon Religious Idols. Founded the religion and chose Work Ethic and Tithe. It gave me a lot of production and gold in the first half of the game. In the middle of the game, I founded 5 cities to increase culture and access to strategic resources for the construction of the fleet and the capture of cities on other continents. In total, I founded 8 cities, captured 20 cities and 5 cities captured and destroyed. I controlled quantity of citizens in my cities and didn’t have fines for production, culture and science due to a lack of amenities. Part of the captured cities I destroyed that they do not reduce of amenities. I built 5 wonders: Casa de Contratación - for pumping Moksha governor and purchasing districts over faith. Ruhr Valley - for the more production in the capital. Kilwa Kisiwani - for additional envoys for unions with scientific city-states. Oxford University and Amundsen-Scott Research Station for the growth of science.

I can't attach Civ6Save-file here. You can download it from the link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z5KqCGPSoOsxYPG56GJI4q-wJICwkl7m

GOTM 145 SV 240.png

SV: Turn 286

Fantastic game - lack of production and space was a challenge.

At start I pushed out and quickly found I was surround - had a 2nd city to the northwest of spawn but made the decision to focus on pumping out warriors and archers - timed an attack on the Netherlands to grab their 3rd settler - took cap and desert city, lost cap after long struggle with loyalty even with new settle on west coast - re-took cap and loyalty was still falling - was in dark age for Classical - but then hit Heroic and was good. Settled a city on Cliffs of Dover and 3 on the island to the south. Settled 3 more cities late - for oil and aluminum and Admunson Scott location.

I got a good Diplomatic congress of 50% grievances just when I was ready to finally wipe our Netherlands - took them in a few turns and Byzantium, decided to try and convert my capitol's religion while also denouncing me. I was Allies with everyone else except Kupe and got them all to do war with Netherlands and then Byzantium as I just sailed my ships on to them. No other wars the rest of the game.

I got a lot of gold and production with strong trade relations with the AI and the CS. I did as many CS quests as possible and at end of game was Suz of all of them - That plus Kilwa really pushed me past the AI and on to the win.

Religion was God of the Sea, then production from adjacency, faith per city following, the amenity building, and Crusade.

I went Chief-Oligarchy(war)-Autocracy(early wonders)-Classical Republic (just before Govt building to snag future amenities+builders)-Monarchy-Theology (2nd govt building,troops with faith)- Theology (Monumentality Medieval, Renaissance) - Communism (push wonders, max science for Moon Landing) - Democracy (max international trade route production, 3rd building for builders to projects) - Synthetic Tech (last, for more power and project speed).

I didn't do spaceport buys with faith or money - could have but building them I was finished Exo one turn before unlocking the boosts so it didn't matter. I had nearly 20k in the bank after Big Ben finished. Used lots of money and faith for Great People for wonders, routes, envoys, science.

Wonders - A lot - Lighthouse/Colossus/Petra/Coliseum/Estadio/Taj Mahal/Bolshoi/Alhambra/Terracota (3 range Frigates)/Potala/Big Ben/Biodome/Oxford/Admunson/Huey/Kilwa/Casa/Mausoleum - Most were functional, some just for era score - got all the engineers except the early one for 175/350 on early wonders but hard built a lot - could have snagged Forbidden City but decided to go for better adjacency and be set up for Oxford in case AI pushed on it.

My capitol was in the mid to upper 200s for production at the end with 12 Democracy trade routes (plus Wissel), production from Campus and Holy Site (both doubled), double IZ with a coal plant - accidently put a dam down where Ruhr could have been, but not having floods turned out better in the long run - they were nasty every time.

Actually triggered first flood level as game was ending - all cities had sea walls up though - AI didn't...

Thanks for a great game - was a challenge and didn't really push past the AI until around 208 or so. Made sure to keep the remaining Civs as Allies so they couldn't sabotage with spies.

Spoiler Map :
Elanor_Science.png
Elanor-Cap.png

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

just finished the 157 with Youngle and i stumbled upon this one and its complete the opposite of the younle game where eveyrthing was soo buffed

im probably gonna finish it in a few days going for sub 200

Top Bottom