6otM154 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM154 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

SV turn 200
Great game .I think this is my best Science score.
Settled 3 cities ,picked Armany first and raise CS armies every 5 turn to conquer 4 civ very early and deal with barbs,End up Suz of all the CS and rolling thru science,All GA
Bought 3 spaceport and hard built one.
really enjoy this game
thanks

Attachments

• SV-MATTHIAS CORVINUS 200 1390 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 12.05.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 12.05.11 AM.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 139
Science Victory Turn 225, Score 2116

Settled a few, conquered a lot. Only 3 enemy civs remained. I was suzerain of all the city states.

Attachments

• 6otM154 Sci Vic T225 S2116.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Science Victory 2190. 227 Turns. I think this is my quickest science victory ever.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
I planned to wipe out the civ's on my continent, try9ing to avoid the other continents, then power up science through religion. Avoid other civ's to prevent an accidental win through culture.
Aim for dominance of city states, planning to switch Armani from place to place and use the +2 envoys on levying to get control of city states to get the armies for conquest.
Well, we were just all on one continent, so Kristina, who had a rubbish area was the one I left alive.
Wow what a LOT of city states. And a lot less room to plant my initial cities than I expected
Barbarians, constant barbarians, I cleared 70+ camps by the end of the game. They spawned constantly all over the place, kept me super busy building units to fight them off and killing them.

a few military units and a couple of settlers, one went north and one west to the only spaces I could find.

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
Astrology for religion. Archery and Iron Working for military. Then beeline to get my first government.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Massively. The unique units and unique buildings were pretty useless, they just got me era score.
But the levy of city states and upgrading those units for cheape was awesome. Gave me an unbeatable series of armies.

- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
Settled in place, 1 north on the river and one west on the coast to get the geothermal bonus.
Conquered 19 cities, settled a couple of later cities for resources.
I captured Mexico City - it has such great spots for a science and holy district
I captured Anshan - I was going to have so few things it would boost. It ended up being a rubbish city anyway.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Getting Iron for early swords was probably the most important. That way I could upgrade the city state units and overwhelm the enemy civ's. Only 1 managed to get walls up in time, Alexander, but I took control of Akkad so I ignored those walls and took out him anyway. Muharhar.

- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
Extra Great People Points
Work Ethic - production bonus was very importat
Wat's for science
Cross Cultural dialog for science (1 for every 4 followers)
holy orders for cheaper units so I could spread religion more.

- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
Oligarchy for warring. Then aimed for theology for cheep faith purchases

- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
Armani won me the game! Pingala helped. I mostly ignored Magnus, I should have taken him earlier though.
Moshka built me a number of districts instantly, like say a spaceport.

- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
No. I killed them.

- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
Golden all theway, monumentality when possible.

- Did you enjoy your game? Yes

Attachments

• AutoSave_0228.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 17
SV Turn 223

I was really looking forward to have Matthias for 6oTM.
All went really well, Amani was going around the city states like a maniac: Reassign --> Levy --> Reassign.

Only conquered Greece and Germany, I was afraid if I conquer more then I have an accidental Culture Vic again... I avoided everything that could provide tourism.
By turn 193 I had all techs necessary for winning, but I did not have all infrastructure (spaceports) in time, I should have been able to save 15-20 turns.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-10 164818.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-10 164818.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 97
  • MATTHIAS CORVINUS 223 1560 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
Turn 234(1615.) science victory, score 1492.
I built science districts and buildings. I got many envoys by levying CS, so in the and I was suzerain of all 18 CS. I upgraded some of levied units to be able to use them for conquest. I conquered the best part of Greece because they attacked me. The rest of their empire later revolted and joined my empire. I took the best part of Georgia because they attacked my ally Poland.

Attachments

• r6otM154.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Science Victory, T184, Score 1906, 26 h

Plan
At first I did not see any special thing about the setting for a science victory, so plan was basically to try find good spots for campuses, preferably across rivers for the Civ bonus to construction. Then go for Writing > Education > Chemistry > Rocketry. Seeing Mathias bonuses to city states I also previewed some wars, to grab good extra cities, but being on King, I did not expect a lot of campus pillaging.

But when I started to see so many Science City States, I understood this could be a very fast Science game, and started to rotate Amani and make as much money as possible to buy envoys thanks to Mathias bonuses.

Early game
Through the initial turns, I declared war to Pericles to steal a builder, and found the Great Barrier Reef natural wonder, which I automatically went to settle for that nice +5 campus, despite no river. In peace with Pericles I declared war on Suleiman in T57, using levied units from Kandy, Nan Madol, Akkad and Valletta (thanks Amani!). Took his three cities by T68.

Buying envoys with Amani + gold was giving me so many units, that I decided to go also after Frederick and Alexander (T82). These units move so fast, they were done by T86 and T98.

Things are looking good, I am suzerain of 12 city states, have grabbed the territory of 3 rival civilizations and have built the Pyramids.
Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-04 18-18-32.png
Cities
25 cities (+1 more that I gave back in a peace treaty), 14 of which were conquered. The AI was a bit slow to expand, so I focused a bit more in building settlers in the Ancestral Hall rather than just conquering or buying them.

The government plaza went to the capital, profiting the river build bonus, and in my second city I built the diplomatic quarter, a campus and a theater square with Kilwa and Pingala (until Space projects required him elsewhere) it was a science and culture powerhouse. I only recently started to realize Kilwa city is better if you add Pingala and the diplomatic quarter to the city.

Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-09-43.png
Diplomacy and war
I really had everything I wanted, but ended up into war with Tamar and Kristina, just because I had so many levied units, I needed to do something with them. Most of the leaders were very angry at me, except for Jadwiga who remained a loyal friend for the whole game, although it took me a lot of time to convince her into an Alliance (I suspect she did not have the required technology).

Technology and Civics
Advance here went as described in the Plan. By when I reached Chemistry, technologies were arriving each turn, with so many Science CS research was powerful. By the end of the game, the research was an overkill, as you cannot research Future Tech more than 1 every 2 turns. But I think I stopped building research buildings at the right time and started to focus in coin and production.
Religion
Pantheon (T20): Divine Spark (for extra scientists)
Religion (T93): Zen meditation, Holy orders (for amenities and to grab extra science with missionaries and Fez)
Nothing very relevant, but as I figured out in King it would be easy to get a religion, I built a holy site in my 3rd city and grabbed the bonuses. Mainly I made missionaries cheaper and used them to get extra science with Fez while extending my religion.

Wonders
Pyramids was great, I planned to conquer whomever build it, but ended building it myself in Alexander's capital. Kilwa was second priority, but ended producing the Oracle as well (Pella had amazing production!). Then the extra card ones Forbidden City (T140), Potala Palace (T172) and Big Ben (T182).

Imhotep gave me classical powerful wonders: Mausoleum at Halicarnassus (T157) for extra engineer charges, Colosseum (T160) for amenities around the capital.

Also build Oxford University (T180) but it was a complete loss of production, for it seems it gives you no extra techs when you only can research Future Tech ☹️
As for Natural Wonders, the Great Barrier Reef was great this early in the game. Ha Long Bay was also useful to grow one of my spaceport cities (there were good chops around). Got a couple of relics from Kandy.

Leader and Civ bonuses
The cavalry units I did not really use, the city state units extra movement just do for that. The ability to buy envoys with gold was excellent and I did rotate Amani as much as possible to exploit this, focusing early on in Commercial hubs rather than industrial zones or holy sites (the hubs help a lot in the end game with the trade routes focused in the space projects city).

The extra production across river was also much better thing than I thought, cities who had campuses in that position built universities and research labs super fast! It was difficult though to find good campus placements across river, but I think it might be better to set on river without adjacency bonus in a map like this one with so many city states. Commercial hubs, with their adjacency to river benefited a lot with this and I ended up with plenty of banks and stock exchanges to buy spaceports by end game.

City States
Huge bonuses in this map for a science victory, the city states were giving me 900 extra science total in my campus buildings. Also, Geneva was on +350 extra science by the end of the game. They were also the backbone of my army through the game, helping me to conquer rivals and defend the land from barbarians. Auckland also was quite helpful with its extra production in coastal cities.

Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-22-40.png
Barbarians
I do not remember they caused much problem, and treated them basically as a source of extra income (+50 gold per outpost).
Final state
This is my fastest Science Victory ever! I am pretty satisfied by the result! And it did not require cheesy pillaging tactics. By the end of the game I undid a lot of sawmills to chop forests and it gave me plenty of laser stations, in 6 turns after launching exoplanet expedition, I am flying at +19 light years/turn.
Thanks a lot for the game, it was fun! 😃

Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-09-43.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-08-46.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-08-07.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-22-07.png

Spoiler Full log :

1 - 🏁Ancient Era; Arctica🗾 Buda🏠
3 - Kandy🌐
5 - Pericles🌐
6 - Scout!
8 - Village (+50 gold)
10 - Village (builder)
12 - Slinger! Geneva🌐
13 - Nan Madol🌐
14 - Siberia🗾 Mexico City🌐
15 - Code of Laws🎵 Surprise war to Pericles⚔ Builder📍 Village (+1 envoy) Valletta🌐
18 - Village (astrology)
19 - Writing🧪 Gondwana🗾 Fez🌐
20 - Nalanda🌐 Pantheon (Divine Spark)🔮 Settler!
22 - Great Barrier Reef🗻
23 - Village (+1 envoy) Frederick🌐 Jadwiga🌐
24 - Foreign Trade🎵
25 - Mining🧪 Campus! Pécs🏠 Monument💰 Suleiman🌐 Peace with Pericles🕊
26 - Fountain of Youth🗻 Denounced by Suleiman🔥
29 - Mohenjo-Daro🌐
30 - Astrology🧪
31 - Galapagos Islands🗻
33 - Irrigation🧪
35 - Craftsmanship🎵 Settler!
37 - Warrior!
38 - Esztergom🏠 Village (+20 faith)
40 - Sailing🧪 Slinger!
41 - Village (+75 gold)
42 - Warrior!
43 - State Workforce🎵 Amani💼
44 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Akkad🌐 Yerevan🌐
46 - Early Empire🎵 Magnus💼 Granary! Hattusa🌐
47 - Trader! Kandy♟ Kandy💰
48 - Village (+20 faith) Atlantis🗾
49 - Slinger!
50 - Masonry🧪
53 - Bronze Working🧪 Nan Madol♟ Nan Madol💰 Library! Holy site!
54 - Village (builder) Anshan🌐
55 - Animal Husbandry🧪 Government plaza! Provision (Magnus)💼
56 - Currency🧪 Political Philosophy🎵 Oligarchy🏛 Village (+20 favor)
57 - War to Suleiman⚔
58 - Akkad♟ Ha Long Bay🗻 Relic🗻 Akkad💰 Tamar🌐
60 - Military Tradition🎵 Granary! Builder📍
61 - 🏁Classical Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Mathematics🧪
62 - Archery🧪 Galley! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Settler💰
63 - Horseback Riding🧪 Valletta♟ Valletta💰 Builder🔮 Anshan♟
64 - Euclid👨 Taruga🌐 Zanzibar🌐 Bologna🌐
66 - Monument! Auckland🌐 Istambul📍 Settler📍 Izmir📍 Builder🔮 Campus! Hattusa♟
68 - Wheel🧪 Ankara📍 Defeated Suleiman💀 Ancestral hall! Pingala💼 Györ🏠 Builder🏠 Kristina🌐
69 - Geneva♟
70 - Apprenticeship🧪 Mysticism🎵
71 - Geneva💰 Builder🔮
72 - Drama and Poetry🎵
73 - Water mill! Shrine!
74 - Library! Galley!
75 - Székesfehérvár🏠 Builder🏠
76 - Education🧪 Recorded History🎵 Connoisseur (Pingala)💼 Taruga♟ Taruga💰 Alexander🌐 Met all civilizations🌍 Classical Republic🏛 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
77 - Horseman💰 Denounced Frederick🔥
78 - Construction🧪 Hypatia👨
79 - Shipbuilding🧪 Games and Recreation🎵 Settler! Mogadishu🌐
80 - Siddhartha Gautama👨
81 - Zanzibar♟ Zanzibar💰 Granary! Campus! Library👨 Village (+1 envoy) Bologna♟
82 - Stirrups🧪 Military Training🎵 Monument! Granary! War to Frederick⚔ Joint war to Alexander with Tamar⚔ Builder🔮
83 - Monument! Chalkidiki📍 Monument! Ancient walls🔮 Village (scout) Bologna💰
84 - Engineering🧪 Aryabhata👨 Builder📍 Eger🏠 Builder🏠 Mitla🌐 Pella📍 Water mill💰 Granary💰 Denounced by Kristina🔥
86 - Military Engineering🧪 Defensive Tactics🎵 Researcher (Pingala)💼 Settler! Dion📍 Defeated Alexander💀 Denounced by Tamar🔥
87 - Celestial Navigation🧪 Mohenjo-Daro♟ Village (+40 gold)
88 - Cologne📍 Scout💀
89 - Village (buttress) Aachen📍 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
90 - Feudalism🎵 Monument! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Builder🔮 Builder🔮 Builder🔮
91 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Village (+40 gold) Miskolc🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
92 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Denounced by Pericles🔥
93 - Theology🎵 Holy site! Religion (Zen meditation, Holy orders)🔮
94 - Quadrireme! Auckland♟ Auckland💰 Settler! Builder🔮
95 - Gunpowder🧪 Abu Al-Qasim👨 Commercial hub!
96 - Iron Working🧪 Campus! Monument!
97 - Builder💰
98 - Machinery🧪 Civil Service🎵 Mitla♟ Mitla💰 Campus! Mainz📍 Defeated Frederick💀 Builder💰
99 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
100 - Astronomy🧪 University! Pyramids🏰 Builder🏰
101 - Campus! Theater square! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Monument!
102 - Castles🧪 Mercenaries🎵 Köszeg🏠 Builder🏠 Crossbowman🔺 Market! Commercial hub! Temple! Yerevan♟ Apostle🔮
103 - Metal Casting🧪 Crossbowman🔺Hildegard of Bingen👨 Market! Monument!
104 - Buttress🧪 Guilds🎵 Library! Mohenjo-Daro🔥 Grants (Pingala)💼 Black army🔺 Warrior💀
105 - Banking🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
106 - Campus! Monument!
107 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Market! Campus! War to Kristina⚔ War to Tamar⚔ Taruga💰
108 - Scientific Theory🧪 Settler📍 Shrine! Omar Khayyam👨 Zhang Qian👨 Library! Trader! Granary! Settler🔮 Granary! Builder📍 Missionary🔮
109 - Industrial zone!
110 - Diplomatic Service🎵 Divine Right🎵 Temple! Trader! Malmö📍 Builder🔮 Village (relic) Monarchy🏛
111 - Oracle🏰 Mexico City♟ Harbor! Library! Trader🔮
112 - Printing🧪 Medieval Faires🎵 Reyna💼 Harbor! Library! Diósgyőr🏠 Builder🏠
113 - Cartography🧪 University! Szeged🏠 Builder🏠 Builder📍
114 - Colaeus👨 Göteborg📍 Builder📍 Missionary🔮
115 - Stockholm📍 Zanzibar💰 Bermudas Triangle🗻 Relic🗻 University! Library! Builder🔮 Builder🔮
116 - Sanitation🧪 Peace with Kristina🕊 Monument! Campus! Lighthouse! Telavi📍 Circumnavigation🌍
117 - Economics🧪 Humanism🎵 University! Lighthouse! Builder🔮 Builder💰
118 - Sun Tzu👨 Campus!
119 - Kutaisi📍 Settler💰 Peace with Tamar🕊 Telavi🌐 Village (builder)
120 - University! Amphitheater! Foreign Ministry! Harbormaster (Reyna)💼
121 - 🏁Medieval Era (Golden Age - Free Inquiry) Marcus Licinius Crassus👨 Granary! Campus! Trader! Knight🔺 Caravel🔺
122 - Replaceable Parts🧪 Mercantilism🎵 Emilie du Châtelet👨 Granary! Trader! Caravel🔺 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
123 - Industrial zone! University! Denounced by Pericles🔥
124 - Ovid👨 Writing👨 Aqueduct! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
125 - Chemistry🧪 Writing👨 Monument! Campus!
126 - Military Tactics🧪 Colonialism🎵 Kilwa Kisiwani🏰 Aqueduct! Hanno the Navigator👨 Aqueduct! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Comet (knight) Campus!
127 - Square Rigging🧪 Reformed Church🎵 Theocracy🏛 Builder💰 Anshan💰 University! University! Industrial zone! Campus! Commercial hub! Belief (World Church)🔮 Missionary🔮 Missionary🔮 Apostle🔮 Missionary🔮 Builder📍 Denounced by Kristina🔥
128 - Mass Production🧪 Isaac Newton👨 Debrecen🏠 Builder🏠 Monument🔮 Granary🔮
129 - Ballistics🧪 Civil Engineering🎵 Tax collector (Reyna)💼 Workshop! Library! Denounced by Tamar🔥 Library👨 University👨
130 - Siege Tactics🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Workshop! Library! Commercial hub! Library! Missionary🔮 Missionary🔮 Village (trader)
131 - Industrialization🧪 The Enlightenment🎵 Theater square! Belief (Stupa)🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
132 - Flight🧪 Ibn Khaldun👨 Nalanda♟ Nalanda💰 Commercial hub! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Stupa🔮
133 - Steam Power🧪 Marco Polo👨 University! Armory! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
134 - Radio🧪 Market! Workshop! Diplomatic quarter! Sewer💰 Library! Hattusa💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
135 - Rocketry🧪 Research lab! Sewer🔮
136 - Military Science🧪 Nationalism🎵 University! University! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Galileo Galilei👨 Campus! Space initiative (Pingala)💼 Factory💰
137 - Rifling🧪 Stupa🔮 Market! University! University! Military engineer!
138 - Advanced Flight🧪 Isidore of Miletus👨 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
139 - Satellites🧪 Campus! Entertainment complex! Research lab! Consulate! Ironclad🔺 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
140 - Steel🧪 Forbidden City🏰 Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
141 - Electricity🧪 Archaeological museum! Rumi👨
142 - Scorched Earth🎵 Ibn Fadlan👨 University! University! Coal power plant💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Monument🔮 Sewer🔮 Sewer🔮 Builder!
143 - Refining🧪 Advanced Ballistics🧪 Natural History🎵 Granary🔮 Ranger🔺 Cuirassier🔺 Trader! Factory! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
144 - Combustion🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Chancery! Temple! Granary🔮 Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
145 - Builder💰
146 - Combined Arms🧪 Research lab! Rajendra Chola👨 James Young👨 Industrial zone! Arena! Library! Granary🔮 University!
147 - Nuclear Fusion🧪 Urbanization🎵 Trader! Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
148 - Akkad💰 Bi Sheng👨 Entertainment complex! Industrial zone! Market! Factory! Oil power plant! Aerodrome! Mohenjo-Daro💰
149 - Plastics🧪 Irene of Athens👨 Contractor (Reyna)💼 Shipyard! Tank🔺 Tank🔺 Tank🔺 Research lab! Builder! University! Lasers🧪 Scorched Earth🎵
150 - Builder! Bank! Campus! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
151 - Guidance Systems🧪 Mass Media🎵 Arena! Trader! Commercial hub! Encampment! Liang💼 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
152 - Synthetic Materials🧪 El Cid👨 University! University! Writing👨
153 - Composites🧪 Settler! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Market! Library!
154 - Nanotechnology🧪 Mobilization🎵 Imhotep👨 Barracks! Builder! Spaceport! University! Black Marketeer (Magnus)💼
155 - Seasteads🧪 Geoffrey Chaucer👨 Piero de Bardi👨 Aerodrome! Trader! Bank! Research lab! Nuclear power plant! Sewer🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
156 - Nuclear Fusion🧪 Builder! Charles Darwin👨 Thermal bath! Bank!
157 - Predictive Systems🧪 Mausoleum at Halicarnassus🏰 Entertainment complex! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Mohacs🏠 Builder🏠 University!
158 - Advanced Power Cells🧪 Writing👨 Writing👨 Stock exchange! Stock exchange! Bank! Thermal bath! Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Monument🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Water mill🔮 Monument🔮 Monument🔮 Granary🔮 Commercial hub! Water mill🔮 Armory🔮 Denounced by Kristina🔥
159 - Computers🧪 James of St. George👨 Commercial hub! Trader! Research lab! Neighborhood!
160 - Robotics🧪 Ideology🎵 Colosseum🏰 Builder! Bank!
161 - Cybernetics🧪 Harbor! Lighthouse! Holy site! Arena! Shipyard! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
162 - Launch Earth Satellite! Market! Workshop! University!
163 - Smart Materials🧪 Class Struggle🎵 Communism🏛 Military academy🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Granary🔮 Granary🔮 Leif Erikson👨 Military academy! Trader! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Stock exchange!
164 - Offworld Mission🧪 Dimitri Mendelev👨 Bank! Workshop! Harbor!
165 - Giovanni de Medici👨 Stock exchange! Water park! Market! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
166 - Future Tech🧪 Conservation🎵 Seaport! Entertainment complex! Factory! Research lab! Research lab!
167 - Advanced AI🧪 Murasaki Shikibu👨 Encampment! Barracks🔮 Armory🔮 Stock exchange!
168 - 🏁Renaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Future Tech🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Jadwiga (economic)🚩 Commercial hub! Market👨 Bank👨 Water park! Granary🔮 Lighthouse! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
169 - Builder! Shipyard! Ferris wheel! Spaceport💰 Builder! Builder!
170 - Future Tech🧪 Professional Sports🎵 Thermal bath! Donatello👨 Sculpture👨 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Arena! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
171 - Telecommunication🧪 Cold War🎵 Launch Moon landing! Spaceport! Builder! Research lab! Fillippo Bruneleschi👨 Factory! Trader!
172 - Future Tech🧪 Space Race🎵 Himerios👨 Builder! Sculpture👨 Potala Palace🏰 Stadium🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Nuclear power plant!
173 - Social Media🎵 Jakob Fugger👨 Encampment! Trader! Vertical integration (Magnus)💼 Encampment! Royal Society! Moksha💼 Barracks🔮 Armory🔮 Sculpture👨 Black army💀
174 - Stealth Technology🧪 Rapid Deployment🎵 Seaport! Military academy🔮 Aqueduct! Builder! Builder! Barracks! Industrial zone! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
175 - Future Tech🧪 Globalization🎵 Victor💼 Thermal bath! Builder💰
176 - Optimization Imperative🎵 Launch Mars colony! Jeanne d’Arc👨 Trader! Armory! Builder! Bank! Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Optimization Imperative🏛
177 - Future Tech🧪 Nuclear Program🎵 Trader! Builder! Theater square!
178 - Cultural Heritage🎵 Launch exoplanet expedition! Military academy! Raja Todar Mal👨 Leonardo da Vinci👨 Stock exchange! Builder! Launch Lagrange laser station! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
179 - Future Tech🧪 Environmentalism🎵 Ruhr Valley🏰 Workshop! Aquarium! Launch Lagrange laser station! Launch Lagrange laser station!
180 - Future Governance🎵 Oxford University🏰 Launch Lagrange laser station! Stadium! Launch Lagrange laser station! Builder! Naturalist🔮 Nuclear power plant! Zoning commissioner (Liang)💼 Builder🔮 Builder!
181 - Future Tech🧪 Exodus Imperative🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Spaceport💰 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Industrial zone! Builder! Amphitheater! Writing👨 Commercial hub!
182 - Global Warming Mitigation🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Mimar Sinan👨 Launch Lagrange laser station! Cologne🌄
183 - Future Tech🧪 Build Terrestrial laser station! Spaceport! Workshop! Launch Lagrange laser station! Water park! Build Terrestrial laser station!
184 - Smart Power Doctrine🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Zhou Daguan👨 Campus! Stadium! Ferris wheel! Builder! Builder! Builder! Build Terrestrial laser station! Builder! Builder! Launch Lagrange laser station!
184 - Science Victory🏆

Spoiler City build order :

1. Buda🏠 (T1): Scout > Slinger > Settler > Campus > Settler > Warrior > Slinger > Warrior > Trader > Slinger > Library > Government plaza > Granary > Ancestral hall > Water mill > Settler > Settler > Settler > Commercial hub > Market > University > Foreign Ministry > Industrial zone > Aqueduct > Workshop > Research lab F Sewer € Factory € Coal power plant F Monument > Spaceport > Launch Earth Satellite > Launch Moon landing > Encampment > Royal Society F Barracks F Armory F Military academy > Launch Mars colony > Launch exoplanet expedition > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  2. Pécs🏠 (T25): € Monument > Granary > Galley F Builder > Campus > Library > University F Builder > Kilwa Kisiwani > Theater square > Diplomatic quarter € Sewer > Consulate > Chancery > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Amphitheater > Colosseum > Harbor > Lighthouse > Research lab > Shipyard F Stadium > Spaceport > Build Terrestrial laser station
  3. Esztergom🏠 (T38): Holy site € Settler > Monument F Builder > Shrine > Granary > Campus > Temple F Apostle F Missionary F Builder > Library > University > Aqueduct F Apostle F Missionary F Missionary F Missionary F Stupa F Sewer > Research lab > Builder > Commercial hub > Market > Encampment F Barracks F Armory > Builder > Builder > Builder € Builder > Builder > Builder F Builder > Builder
  4. Istambul📍 (T66): Repairs > Campus G Library > Quadrireme > Harbor > Lighthouse > University > Research lab > Shipyard > Aerodrome F Granary F Water mill > Builder > Seaport > Builder > Builder > Builder > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory
  5. Izmir📍 (T66): F Builder > Galley > Monument > Campus > Library F Builder > University > Trader > Forbidden City > Trader > Trader > Trader > Trader > Builder > Trader F Granary > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Stadium > Builder > Maracana Stadium
  6. Ankara📍 (T68): Monument F Builder > Commercial hub > Market > Trader > Campus > Granary > Library € Builder > University > Industrial zone > Bank > Stock exchange F Water mill > Workshop > Factory € Spaceport > Nuclear power plant > Aqueduct > Builder > Builder > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  7. Györ🏠 (T68): Monument > Campus > Library > University > Granary > Commercial hub > Market > Aerodrome > Bank > Stock exchange > Trader > Trader > Builder > Builder
  8. Székesfehérvár🏠 (T75): Granary F Builder > Holy site > Shrine > Temple > Harbor F Missionary > Lighthouse F Builder > Campus F Missionary F Missionary > Library > University F Stupa > Research lab > Settler > Mausoleum at Halicarnassus F Monument > Shipyard > Water park > Ferris wheel > Seaport > Aquarium € Spaceport > Build Terrestrial laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station
  9. Chalkidiki📍 (T83): F Ancient walls > Monument > Campus > Library € Builder > University > Builder > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Stadium > Builder > Builder
  10. Eger🏠 (T84): Monument € Builder > Campus > Granary > Industrial zone > Library > Aqueduct > Workshop > University F Sewer > Factory > Oil power plant > Commercial hub > Market > Bank > Stock exchange F Water mill > Holy site > Ruhr Valley > Builder
  11. Pella📍 (T84): € Water mill € Granary > Repairs F Builder > Pyramids > Theater square > Oracle F Trader > Amphitheater > Industrial zone > Workshop > Archaeological museum > Factory > Nuclear power plant F Sewer > Spaceport > Encampment > Barracks > Armory > Military academy > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  12. Dion📍 (T86): F Builder > Repairs > Monument > Campus > Library > University > Commercial hub > Market > Research lab > Encampment > Barracks F Armory > Bank F Military academy F Water mill > Stock exchange > Oxford University
  13. Cologne📍 (T88): Repairs F Builder > Market > Trader > University > Research lab > Bank F Monument F Water mill F Granary > Stock exchange > Trader > Trader > Builder F Naturalist > Builder > Builder
  14. Aachen📍 (T89): Repairs > Monument > Library > Commercial hub > University > Market F Granary > Bank > Stock exchange > Commercial hub investment
  15. Miskolc🏠 (T91): € Monument > Campus > Library > University F Granary > Industrial zone > Neighborhood > Workshop > Factory > Nuclear power plant > Builder > Builder
  16. Mainz📍 (T98): € Builder > Monument > Granary F Settler > Trader > Campus > Library > University > Commercial hub G Market G Bank > Big Ben > Commercial hub investment
  17. Köszeg🏠 (T102): Monument > Campus > Library > University > Builder F Granary F Water mill > Research lab > Trader > Potala Palace > Builder > Builder > Builder
  18. Malmö📍 (T110): Monument > Repairs > Library > University > Water park F Granary > Ferris wheel > Harbor
  19. Diósgyőr🏠 (T112): Monument > Campus > Library F Granary > University > Commercial hub F Water mill > Market > Bank > Builder
  20. Szeged🏠 (T113): Monument > Campus G Library G University > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath F Granary F Water mill > Research lab > Builder > Trader > Stadium > Commercial hub
  21. Göteborg📍 (T114): Repairs € Builder > Monument > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Harbor > Lighthouse > Theater square > Amphitheater > Shipyard
  22. Stockholm📍 (T115): Repairs > Monument > Armory > Military engineer > Library > Temple > University > Military academy > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory
  23. Telavi📍 (T116-119): € Settler > Repairs
  24. Kutaisi📍 (T119): Repairs F Granary > University > Research lab > Commercial hub > Market
  25. Debrecen🏠 (T128): F Monument F Granary > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Water park > Ferris wheel
  26. Mohacs🏠 (T157): F Monument F Granary > Campus > Library

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-03-59.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-11 17-03-59.png
    956.9 KB · Views: 81
  • GOTM154 MATTHIAS 185 Science.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
175 SV, 7h

Spoiler t175 :

civ6.jpg

My fastest SV as well.
I levied absolutely everything, and by turn 80-90 I think I managed to conquer everything except for 2 last cities of Alexander. The cities were pretty crappy, but by chopping everything I was able to get campuses with libraries and univs, later research labs. Since there were so many scientific CSs, each campus was worth about 50-100 science. Kept building settlers until very late just to get choppable cities.

I settled a city on the tundra to with 11 choppable resources, and bought a Spaceport for 7200 - I think I completed both Mars and Exoplanet in a single turn there. Very good strategy :)

Thanks for the save!

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 17
Console player here, so just participating in spirit. T365 SV Score 2502. I sisnt do any early warring, in fact a very peaceful game throughout. I had to try really hard to not get a Diplo Victory. Ended up building the Amundsun-Scott Research Station, which I often don't get to see. A fun little bonus for taking my sweet time.

T316 SV Score 1392.
First post on the site. Only my fourth complete game of Civ6. First one on Prince. Clearly I have a lot to learn but doing the same game everyone else was doing here really added a layer of fun to it. My initial plan was simply to build a lot of campuses and use levied CS as needed. Out of nowhere Pericles attacked me around T70. Levied my first CS, upgraded the army and took advantage of his premature attack and destroyed his civ. No other major combat after that. Finished tech tree so early that I only add one spaceport completed and not enough production power. Will do it better next time.

Tremendous fun! Thanks to all for the work in setting up these games of the month and managing the Forum! As an aside, I found an old post showing me how to download the file for the 6otM. Any quick feedback on best way to save and submit my completed file? Thanks!

Science Victory, T184, Score 1906, 26 h

Plan
At first I did not see any special thing about the setting for a science victory, so plan was basically to try find good spots for campuses, preferably across rivers for the Civ bonus to construction. Then go for Writing > Education > Chemistry > Rocketry. Seeing Mathias bonuses to city states I also previewed some wars, to grab good extra cities, but being on King, I did not expect a lot of campus pillaging.

But when I started to see so many Science City States, I understood this could be a very fast Science game, and started to rotate Amani and make as much money as possible to buy envoys thanks to Mathias bonuses.

Early game
Through the initial turns, I declared war to Pericles to steal a builder, and found the Great Barrier Reef natural wonder, which I automatically went to settle for that nice +5 campus, despite no river. In peace with Pericles I declared war on Suleiman in T57, using levied units from Kandy, Nan Madol, Akkad and Valletta (thanks Amani!). Took his three cities by T68.

Buying envoys with Amani + gold was giving me so many units, that I decided to go also after Frederick and Alexander (T82). These units move so fast, they were done by T86 and T98.

Things are looking good, I am suzerain of 12 city states, have grabbed the territory of 3 rival civilizations and have built the Pyramids.
View attachment 656499
Cities
25 cities (+1 more that I gave back in a peace treaty), 14 of which were conquered. The AI was a bit slow to expand, so I focused a bit more in building settlers in the Ancestral Hall rather than just conquering or buying them.

The government plaza went to the capital, profiting the river build bonus, and in my second city I built the diplomatic quarter, a campus and a theater square with Kilwa and Pingala (until Space projects required him elsewhere) it was a science and culture powerhouse. I only recently started to realize Kilwa city is better if you add Pingala and the diplomatic quarter to the city.

View attachment 656495
Diplomacy and war
I really had everything I wanted, but ended up into war with Tamar and Kristina, just because I had so many levied units, I needed to do something with them. Most of the leaders were very angry at me, except for Jadwiga who remained a loyal friend for the whole game, although it took me a lot of time to convince her into an Alliance (I suspect she did not have the required technology).

Technology and Civics
Advance here went as described in the Plan. By when I reached Chemistry, technologies were arriving each turn, with so many Science CS research was powerful. By the end of the game, the research was an overkill, as you cannot research Future Tech more than 1 every 2 turns. But I think I stopped building research buildings at the right time and started to focus in coin and production.
Religion
Pantheon (T20): Divine Spark (for extra scientists)
Religion (T93): Zen meditation, Holy orders (for amenities and to grab extra science with missionaries and Fez)
Nothing very relevant, but as I figured out in King it would be easy to get a religion, I built a holy site in my 3rd city and grabbed the bonuses. Mainly I made missionaries cheaper and used them to get extra science with Fez while extending my religion.

Wonders
Pyramids was great, I planned to conquer whomever build it, but ended building it myself in Alexander's capital. Kilwa was second priority, but ended producing the Oracle as well (Pella had amazing production!). Then the extra card ones Forbidden City (T140), Potala Palace (T172) and Big Ben (T182).

Imhotep gave me classical powerful wonders: Mausoleum at Halicarnassus (T157) for extra engineer charges, Colosseum (T160) for amenities around the capital.

Also build Oxford University (T180) but it was a complete loss of production, for it seems it gives you no extra techs when you only can research Future Tech ☹️
As for Natural Wonders, the Great Barrier Reef was great this early in the game. Ha Long Bay was also useful to grow one of my spaceport cities (there were good chops around). Got a couple of relics from Kandy.

Leader and Civ bonuses
The cavalry units I did not really use, the city state units extra movement just do for that. The ability to buy envoys with gold was excellent and I did rotate Amani as much as possible to exploit this, focusing early on in Commercial hubs rather than industrial zones or holy sites (the hubs help a lot in the end game with the trade routes focused in the space projects city).

The extra production across river was also much better thing than I thought, cities who had campuses in that position built universities and research labs super fast! It was difficult though to find good campus placements across river, but I think it might be better to set on river without adjacency bonus in a map like this one with so many city states. Commercial hubs, with their adjacency to river benefited a lot with this and I ended up with plenty of banks and stock exchanges to buy spaceports by end game.

City States
Huge bonuses in this map for a science victory, the city states were giving me 900 extra science total in my campus buildings. Also, Geneva was on +350 extra science by the end of the game. They were also the backbone of my army through the game, helping me to conquer rivals and defend the land from barbarians. Auckland also was quite helpful with its extra production in coastal cities.

View attachment 656500
Barbarians
I do not remember they caused much problem, and treated them basically as a source of extra income (+50 gold per outpost).
Final state
This is my fastest Science Victory ever! I am pretty satisfied by the result! And it did not require cheesy pillaging tactics. By the end of the game I undid a lot of sawmills to chop forests and it gave me plenty of laser stations, in 6 turns after launching exoplanet expedition, I am flying at +19 light years/turn.
Thanks a lot for the game, it was fun! 😃

View attachment 656495View attachment 656496View attachment 656497View attachment 656501

Spoiler Full log :

1 - 🏁Ancient Era; Arctica🗾 Buda🏠
3 - Kandy🌐
5 - Pericles🌐
6 - Scout!
8 - Village (+50 gold)
10 - Village (builder)
12 - Slinger! Geneva🌐
13 - Nan Madol🌐
14 - Siberia🗾 Mexico City🌐
15 - Code of Laws🎵 Surprise war to Pericles⚔ Builder📍 Village (+1 envoy) Valletta🌐
18 - Village (astrology)
19 - Writing🧪 Gondwana🗾 Fez🌐
20 - Nalanda🌐 Pantheon (Divine Spark)🔮 Settler!
22 - Great Barrier Reef🗻
23 - Village (+1 envoy) Frederick🌐 Jadwiga🌐
24 - Foreign Trade🎵
25 - Mining🧪 Campus! Pécs🏠 Monument💰 Suleiman🌐 Peace with Pericles🕊
26 - Fountain of Youth🗻 Denounced by Suleiman🔥
29 - Mohenjo-Daro🌐
30 - Astrology🧪
31 - Galapagos Islands🗻
33 - Irrigation🧪
35 - Craftsmanship🎵 Settler!
37 - Warrior!
38 - Esztergom🏠 Village (+20 faith)
40 - Sailing🧪 Slinger!
41 - Village (+75 gold)
42 - Warrior!
43 - State Workforce🎵 Amani💼
44 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Akkad🌐 Yerevan🌐
46 - Early Empire🎵 Magnus💼 Granary! Hattusa🌐
47 - Trader! Kandy♟ Kandy💰
48 - Village (+20 faith) Atlantis🗾
49 - Slinger!
50 - Masonry🧪
53 - Bronze Working🧪 Nan Madol♟ Nan Madol💰 Library! Holy site!
54 - Village (builder) Anshan🌐
55 - Animal Husbandry🧪 Government plaza! Provision (Magnus)💼
56 - Currency🧪 Political Philosophy🎵 Oligarchy🏛 Village (+20 favor)
57 - War to Suleiman⚔
58 - Akkad♟ Ha Long Bay🗻 Relic🗻 Akkad💰 Tamar🌐
60 - Military Tradition🎵 Granary! Builder📍
61 - 🏁Classical Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Mathematics🧪
62 - Archery🧪 Galley! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Settler💰
63 - Horseback Riding🧪 Valletta♟ Valletta💰 Builder🔮 Anshan♟
64 - Euclid👨 Taruga🌐 Zanzibar🌐 Bologna🌐
66 - Monument! Auckland🌐 Istambul📍 Settler📍 Izmir📍 Builder🔮 Campus! Hattusa♟
68 - Wheel🧪 Ankara📍 Defeated Suleiman💀 Ancestral hall! Pingala💼 Györ🏠 Builder🏠 Kristina🌐
69 - Geneva♟
70 - Apprenticeship🧪 Mysticism🎵
71 - Geneva💰 Builder🔮
72 - Drama and Poetry🎵
73 - Water mill! Shrine!
74 - Library! Galley!
75 - Székesfehérvár🏠 Builder🏠
76 - Education🧪 Recorded History🎵 Connoisseur (Pingala)💼 Taruga♟ Taruga💰 Alexander🌐 Met all civilizations🌍 Classical Republic🏛 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
77 - Horseman💰 Denounced Frederick🔥
78 - Construction🧪 Hypatia👨
79 - Shipbuilding🧪 Games and Recreation🎵 Settler! Mogadishu🌐
80 - Siddhartha Gautama👨
81 - Zanzibar♟ Zanzibar💰 Granary! Campus! Library👨 Village (+1 envoy) Bologna♟
82 - Stirrups🧪 Military Training🎵 Monument! Granary! War to Frederick⚔ Joint war to Alexander with Tamar⚔ Builder🔮
83 - Monument! Chalkidiki📍 Monument! Ancient walls🔮 Village (scout) Bologna💰
84 - Engineering🧪 Aryabhata👨 Builder📍 Eger🏠 Builder🏠 Mitla🌐 Pella📍 Water mill💰 Granary💰 Denounced by Kristina🔥
86 - Military Engineering🧪 Defensive Tactics🎵 Researcher (Pingala)💼 Settler! Dion📍 Defeated Alexander💀 Denounced by Tamar🔥
87 - Celestial Navigation🧪 Mohenjo-Daro♟ Village (+40 gold)
88 - Cologne📍 Scout💀
89 - Village (buttress) Aachen📍 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
90 - Feudalism🎵 Monument! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Builder🔮 Builder🔮 Builder🔮
91 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Village (+40 gold) Miskolc🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
92 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Denounced by Pericles🔥
93 - Theology🎵 Holy site! Religion (Zen meditation, Holy orders)🔮
94 - Quadrireme! Auckland♟ Auckland💰 Settler! Builder🔮
95 - Gunpowder🧪 Abu Al-Qasim👨 Commercial hub!
96 - Iron Working🧪 Campus! Monument!
97 - Builder💰
98 - Machinery🧪 Civil Service🎵 Mitla♟ Mitla💰 Campus! Mainz📍 Defeated Frederick💀 Builder💰
99 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
100 - Astronomy🧪 University! Pyramids🏰 Builder🏰
101 - Campus! Theater square! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Monument!
102 - Castles🧪 Mercenaries🎵 Köszeg🏠 Builder🏠 Crossbowman🔺 Market! Commercial hub! Temple! Yerevan♟ Apostle🔮
103 - Metal Casting🧪 Crossbowman🔺Hildegard of Bingen👨 Market! Monument!
104 - Buttress🧪 Guilds🎵 Library! Mohenjo-Daro🔥 Grants (Pingala)💼 Black army🔺 Warrior💀
105 - Banking🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
106 - Campus! Monument!
107 - Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Market! Campus! War to Kristina⚔ War to Tamar⚔ Taruga💰
108 - Scientific Theory🧪 Settler📍 Shrine! Omar Khayyam👨 Zhang Qian👨 Library! Trader! Granary! Settler🔮 Granary! Builder📍 Missionary🔮
109 - Industrial zone!
110 - Diplomatic Service🎵 Divine Right🎵 Temple! Trader! Malmö📍 Builder🔮 Village (relic) Monarchy🏛
111 - Oracle🏰 Mexico City♟ Harbor! Library! Trader🔮
112 - Printing🧪 Medieval Faires🎵 Reyna💼 Harbor! Library! Diósgyőr🏠 Builder🏠
113 - Cartography🧪 University! Szeged🏠 Builder🏠 Builder📍
114 - Colaeus👨 Göteborg📍 Builder📍 Missionary🔮
115 - Stockholm📍 Zanzibar💰 Bermudas Triangle🗻 Relic🗻 University! Library! Builder🔮 Builder🔮
116 - Sanitation🧪 Peace with Kristina🕊 Monument! Campus! Lighthouse! Telavi📍 Circumnavigation🌍
117 - Economics🧪 Humanism🎵 University! Lighthouse! Builder🔮 Builder💰
118 - Sun Tzu👨 Campus!
119 - Kutaisi📍 Settler💰 Peace with Tamar🕊 Telavi🌐 Village (builder)
120 - University! Amphitheater! Foreign Ministry! Harbormaster (Reyna)💼
121 - 🏁Medieval Era (Golden Age - Free Inquiry) Marcus Licinius Crassus👨 Granary! Campus! Trader! Knight🔺 Caravel🔺
122 - Replaceable Parts🧪 Mercantilism🎵 Emilie du Châtelet👨 Granary! Trader! Caravel🔺 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
123 - Industrial zone! University! Denounced by Pericles🔥
124 - Ovid👨 Writing👨 Aqueduct! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
125 - Chemistry🧪 Writing👨 Monument! Campus!
126 - Military Tactics🧪 Colonialism🎵 Kilwa Kisiwani🏰 Aqueduct! Hanno the Navigator👨 Aqueduct! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Comet (knight) Campus!
127 - Square Rigging🧪 Reformed Church🎵 Theocracy🏛 Builder💰 Anshan💰 University! University! Industrial zone! Campus! Commercial hub! Belief (World Church)🔮 Missionary🔮 Missionary🔮 Apostle🔮 Missionary🔮 Builder📍 Denounced by Kristina🔥
128 - Mass Production🧪 Isaac Newton👨 Debrecen🏠 Builder🏠 Monument🔮 Granary🔮
129 - Ballistics🧪 Civil Engineering🎵 Tax collector (Reyna)💼 Workshop! Library! Denounced by Tamar🔥 Library👨 University👨
130 - Siege Tactics🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Workshop! Library! Commercial hub! Library! Missionary🔮 Missionary🔮 Village (trader)
131 - Industrialization🧪 The Enlightenment🎵 Theater square! Belief (Stupa)🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
132 - Flight🧪 Ibn Khaldun👨 Nalanda♟ Nalanda💰 Commercial hub! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Stupa🔮
133 - Steam Power🧪 Marco Polo👨 University! Armory! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
134 - Radio🧪 Market! Workshop! Diplomatic quarter! Sewer💰 Library! Hattusa💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
135 - Rocketry🧪 Research lab! Sewer🔮
136 - Military Science🧪 Nationalism🎵 University! University! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Galileo Galilei👨 Campus! Space initiative (Pingala)💼 Factory💰
137 - Rifling🧪 Stupa🔮 Market! University! University! Military engineer!
138 - Advanced Flight🧪 Isidore of Miletus👨 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
139 - Satellites🧪 Campus! Entertainment complex! Research lab! Consulate! Ironclad🔺 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
140 - Steel🧪 Forbidden City🏰 Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
141 - Electricity🧪 Archaeological museum! Rumi👨
142 - Scorched Earth🎵 Ibn Fadlan👨 University! University! Coal power plant💰 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Monument🔮 Sewer🔮 Sewer🔮 Builder!
143 - Refining🧪 Advanced Ballistics🧪 Natural History🎵 Granary🔮 Ranger🔺 Cuirassier🔺 Trader! Factory! Library! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
144 - Combustion🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Chancery! Temple! Granary🔮 Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
145 - Builder💰
146 - Combined Arms🧪 Research lab! Rajendra Chola👨 James Young👨 Industrial zone! Arena! Library! Granary🔮 University!
147 - Nuclear Fusion🧪 Urbanization🎵 Trader! Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
148 - Akkad💰 Bi Sheng👨 Entertainment complex! Industrial zone! Market! Factory! Oil power plant! Aerodrome! Mohenjo-Daro💰
149 - Plastics🧪 Irene of Athens👨 Contractor (Reyna)💼 Shipyard! Tank🔺 Tank🔺 Tank🔺 Research lab! Builder! University! Lasers🧪 Scorched Earth🎵
150 - Builder! Bank! Campus! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
151 - Guidance Systems🧪 Mass Media🎵 Arena! Trader! Commercial hub! Encampment! Liang💼 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
152 - Synthetic Materials🧪 El Cid👨 University! University! Writing👨
153 - Composites🧪 Settler! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Market! Library!
154 - Nanotechnology🧪 Mobilization🎵 Imhotep👨 Barracks! Builder! Spaceport! University! Black Marketeer (Magnus)💼
155 - Seasteads🧪 Geoffrey Chaucer👨 Piero de Bardi👨 Aerodrome! Trader! Bank! Research lab! Nuclear power plant! Sewer🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
156 - Nuclear Fusion🧪 Builder! Charles Darwin👨 Thermal bath! Bank!
157 - Predictive Systems🧪 Mausoleum at Halicarnassus🏰 Entertainment complex! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Mohacs🏠 Builder🏠 University!
158 - Advanced Power Cells🧪 Writing👨 Writing👨 Stock exchange! Stock exchange! Bank! Thermal bath! Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Monument🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Water mill🔮 Water mill🔮 Monument🔮 Monument🔮 Granary🔮 Commercial hub! Water mill🔮 Armory🔮 Denounced by Kristina🔥
159 - Computers🧪 James of St. George👨 Commercial hub! Trader! Research lab! Neighborhood!
160 - Robotics🧪 Ideology🎵 Colosseum🏰 Builder! Bank!
161 - Cybernetics🧪 Harbor! Lighthouse! Holy site! Arena! Shipyard! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
162 - Launch Earth Satellite! Market! Workshop! University!
163 - Smart Materials🧪 Class Struggle🎵 Communism🏛 Military academy🔮 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Granary🔮 Granary🔮 Leif Erikson👨 Military academy! Trader! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Stock exchange!
164 - Offworld Mission🧪 Dimitri Mendelev👨 Bank! Workshop! Harbor!
165 - Giovanni de Medici👨 Stock exchange! Water park! Market! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
166 - Future Tech🧪 Conservation🎵 Seaport! Entertainment complex! Factory! Research lab! Research lab!
167 - Advanced AI🧪 Murasaki Shikibu👨 Encampment! Barracks🔮 Armory🔮 Stock exchange!
168 - 🏁Renaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Future Tech🧪 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Jadwiga (economic)🚩 Commercial hub! Market👨 Bank👨 Water park! Granary🔮 Lighthouse! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
169 - Builder! Shipyard! Ferris wheel! Spaceport💰 Builder! Builder!
170 - Future Tech🧪 Professional Sports🎵 Thermal bath! Donatello👨 Sculpture👨 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Arena! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
171 - Telecommunication🧪 Cold War🎵 Launch Moon landing! Spaceport! Builder! Research lab! Fillippo Bruneleschi👨 Factory! Trader!
172 - Future Tech🧪 Space Race🎵 Himerios👨 Builder! Sculpture👨 Potala Palace🏰 Stadium🔮 Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Nuclear power plant!
173 - Social Media🎵 Jakob Fugger👨 Encampment! Trader! Vertical integration (Magnus)💼 Encampment! Royal Society! Moksha💼 Barracks🔮 Armory🔮 Sculpture👨 Black army💀
174 - Stealth Technology🧪 Rapid Deployment🎵 Seaport! Military academy🔮 Aqueduct! Builder! Builder! Barracks! Industrial zone! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
175 - Future Tech🧪 Globalization🎵 Victor💼 Thermal bath! Builder💰
176 - Optimization Imperative🎵 Launch Mars colony! Jeanne d’Arc👨 Trader! Armory! Builder! Bank! Research lab! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥 Optimization Imperative🏛
177 - Future Tech🧪 Nuclear Program🎵 Trader! Builder! Theater square!
178 - Cultural Heritage🎵 Launch exoplanet expedition! Military academy! Raja Todar Mal👨 Leonardo da Vinci👨 Stock exchange! Builder! Launch Lagrange laser station! Barbarian outpost (+50 gold)🔥
179 - Future Tech🧪 Environmentalism🎵 Ruhr Valley🏰 Workshop! Aquarium! Launch Lagrange laser station! Launch Lagrange laser station!
180 - Future Governance🎵 Oxford University🏰 Launch Lagrange laser station! Stadium! Launch Lagrange laser station! Builder! Naturalist🔮 Nuclear power plant! Zoning commissioner (Liang)💼 Builder🔮 Builder!
181 - Future Tech🧪 Exodus Imperative🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Spaceport💰 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Industrial zone! Builder! Amphitheater! Writing👨 Commercial hub!
182 - Global Warming Mitigation🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Mimar Sinan👨 Launch Lagrange laser station! Cologne🌄
183 - Future Tech🧪 Build Terrestrial laser station! Spaceport! Workshop! Launch Lagrange laser station! Water park! Build Terrestrial laser station!
184 - Smart Power Doctrine🎵 Build Terrestrial laser station! Build Terrestrial laser station! Zhou Daguan👨 Campus! Stadium! Ferris wheel! Builder! Builder! Builder! Build Terrestrial laser station! Builder! Builder! Launch Lagrange laser station!
184 - Science Victory🏆

Spoiler City build order :

1. Buda🏠 (T1): Scout > Slinger > Settler > Campus > Settler > Warrior > Slinger > Warrior > Trader > Slinger > Library > Government plaza > Granary > Ancestral hall > Water mill > Settler > Settler > Settler > Commercial hub > Market > University > Foreign Ministry > Industrial zone > Aqueduct > Workshop > Research lab F Sewer € Factory € Coal power plant F Monument > Spaceport > Launch Earth Satellite > Launch Moon landing > Encampment > Royal Society F Barracks F Armory F Military academy > Launch Mars colony > Launch exoplanet expedition > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  2. Pécs🏠 (T25): € Monument > Granary > Galley F Builder > Campus > Library > University F Builder > Kilwa Kisiwani > Theater square > Diplomatic quarter € Sewer > Consulate > Chancery > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Amphitheater > Colosseum > Harbor > Lighthouse > Research lab > Shipyard F Stadium > Spaceport > Build Terrestrial laser station
  3. Esztergom🏠 (T38): Holy site € Settler > Monument F Builder > Shrine > Granary > Campus > Temple F Apostle F Missionary F Builder > Library > University > Aqueduct F Apostle F Missionary F Missionary F Missionary F Stupa F Sewer > Research lab > Builder > Commercial hub > Market > Encampment F Barracks F Armory > Builder > Builder > Builder € Builder > Builder > Builder F Builder > Builder
  4. Istambul📍 (T66): Repairs > Campus G Library > Quadrireme > Harbor > Lighthouse > University > Research lab > Shipyard > Aerodrome F Granary F Water mill > Builder > Seaport > Builder > Builder > Builder > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory
  5. Izmir📍 (T66): F Builder > Galley > Monument > Campus > Library F Builder > University > Trader > Forbidden City > Trader > Trader > Trader > Trader > Builder > Trader F Granary > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Stadium > Builder > Maracana Stadium
  6. Ankara📍 (T68): Monument F Builder > Commercial hub > Market > Trader > Campus > Granary > Library € Builder > University > Industrial zone > Bank > Stock exchange F Water mill > Workshop > Factory € Spaceport > Nuclear power plant > Aqueduct > Builder > Builder > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  7. Györ🏠 (T68): Monument > Campus > Library > University > Granary > Commercial hub > Market > Aerodrome > Bank > Stock exchange > Trader > Trader > Builder > Builder
  8. Székesfehérvár🏠 (T75): Granary F Builder > Holy site > Shrine > Temple > Harbor F Missionary > Lighthouse F Builder > Campus F Missionary F Missionary > Library > University F Stupa > Research lab > Settler > Mausoleum at Halicarnassus F Monument > Shipyard > Water park > Ferris wheel > Seaport > Aquarium € Spaceport > Build Terrestrial laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station > Launch Lagrange laser station
  9. Chalkidiki📍 (T83): F Ancient walls > Monument > Campus > Library € Builder > University > Builder > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath > Stadium > Builder > Builder
  10. Eger🏠 (T84): Monument € Builder > Campus > Granary > Industrial zone > Library > Aqueduct > Workshop > University F Sewer > Factory > Oil power plant > Commercial hub > Market > Bank > Stock exchange F Water mill > Holy site > Ruhr Valley > Builder
  11. Pella📍 (T84): € Water mill € Granary > Repairs F Builder > Pyramids > Theater square > Oracle F Trader > Amphitheater > Industrial zone > Workshop > Archaeological museum > Factory > Nuclear power plant F Sewer > Spaceport > Encampment > Barracks > Armory > Military academy > Launch Lagrange laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station > Build Terrestrial laser station
  12. Dion📍 (T86): F Builder > Repairs > Monument > Campus > Library > University > Commercial hub > Market > Research lab > Encampment > Barracks F Armory > Bank F Military academy F Water mill > Stock exchange > Oxford University
  13. Cologne📍 (T88): Repairs F Builder > Market > Trader > University > Research lab > Bank F Monument F Water mill F Granary > Stock exchange > Trader > Trader > Builder F Naturalist > Builder > Builder
  14. Aachen📍 (T89): Repairs > Monument > Library > Commercial hub > University > Market F Granary > Bank > Stock exchange > Commercial hub investment
  15. Miskolc🏠 (T91): € Monument > Campus > Library > University F Granary > Industrial zone > Neighborhood > Workshop > Factory > Nuclear power plant > Builder > Builder
  16. Mainz📍 (T98): € Builder > Monument > Granary F Settler > Trader > Campus > Library > University > Commercial hub G Market G Bank > Big Ben > Commercial hub investment
  17. Köszeg🏠 (T102): Monument > Campus > Library > University > Builder F Granary F Water mill > Research lab > Trader > Potala Palace > Builder > Builder > Builder
  18. Malmö📍 (T110): Monument > Repairs > Library > University > Water park F Granary > Ferris wheel > Harbor
  19. Diósgyőr🏠 (T112): Monument > Campus > Library F Granary > University > Commercial hub F Water mill > Market > Bank > Builder
  20. Szeged🏠 (T113): Monument > Campus G Library G University > Entertainment complex > Arena > Thermal bath F Granary F Water mill > Research lab > Builder > Trader > Stadium > Commercial hub
  21. Göteborg📍 (T114): Repairs € Builder > Monument > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Harbor > Lighthouse > Theater square > Amphitheater > Shipyard
  22. Stockholm📍 (T115): Repairs > Monument > Armory > Military engineer > Library > Temple > University > Military academy > Industrial zone > Workshop > Factory
  23. Telavi📍 (T116-119): € Settler > Repairs
  24. Kutaisi📍 (T119): Repairs F Granary > University > Research lab > Commercial hub > Market
  25. Debrecen🏠 (T128): F Monument F Granary > Campus > Library > University > Research lab > Water park > Ferris wheel
  26. Mohacs🏠 (T157): F Monument F Granary > Campus > Library
Really appreciate the effort you put into this AAR. As a newer player completing my first 6otM, it's VERY helpful!

Really appreciate the effort you put into this AAR. As a newer player completing my first 6otM, it's VERY helpful!
Thanks a lot! I like to share, it helped me a lot reading other players when I was beginning and learned a few tricks with each month game 😃

Any quick feedback on best way to save and submit my completed file? Thanks!
After the last turn just save the game normally and then use your file explorer to go to the save games folder (each OS has a different location, but is usually in your user directory, search something like "civ6 save game folder" in Windows).

Then while posting, in the bottom left (at least for me) is an "Attach files" button, you can use to upload the saved game and any screenshot you have made.

SV - Turn 274

Not my fastest Science Victory but I'll take it.
Started quite fast with the levies and the conquest of Ottomans and Germany early on, destroyed Valleta as well to be able to place a good city with river and a Campus next to the Great Barrier and conquered Kandy.
And then I stopped with the conquests and focused on building up Science. Reading the other posts I probably should not have stopped levying and conquering and (as always) should have founded much more cities and chopped much more.
My capital was a brilliant production City with plenty of factories giving it bonuses, Ruhr Valley, a +6/7 IZ and Magnus sitting in it but I made a mistake counting Gov tiles and had to research the first couple of space projects without the last upgrade of Magnus...

All in all, I think I could have gone about 20-25 turns faster without changing too much to my global strategy.

It was quite a fun game, I rarely have so much of the map to myself and I will try to better use it the next time it happens.

Attachments

• MATTHIAS CORVIN 274 1806 ap. J.-C..Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
SV turn 175

I must say I am quite new to the game,only solo player, but only playing online game setup/configuration... I discovered recently this concept of solo challenge from a save and I really enjoyed it: thank you!... I might have 153 other game to enjoy in a near future :p
Sorry if I am a bit late, but anyway the main idea for me is to enjoy the game and share my experience rather than compete for anything. I found this forum this week and tried this challenge as still opened when I started it... and I must say I almost only go for science or domination victory in solo... So I went this one rather then cultural one... but I will give it a try I believe

Plan was to build a strong empire on 3-5 cities than expand to 8-12 cities, I did not planned to go to war... but because of Mathias abilities with city state and how slow the AI was to build defense, I decided to to go for my neighbors
I was not used at all with current game mode: standard pace (I play solo in online game speed) and vanilla game mode (I play only BBG since I started the game in dec22)... So I got some surprises thought out the game

My priority was to rush industrialization to get a a strong production ASAP (production cost from standard game speed is much higher than online game speed ; therefore having better production was more beneficial to anything else IMO..)
having a strong capital with good industrial zone proxi (+9) was my first priority and then secondary goal was to get 4-6 support city with good production too
I also focused on aiming for +5 amenities in my key cities

note I settled turn2 to benefit from spaceport with +50% and because my warrior found a nice B2 on the luxury in the south from my cap
then I started with scout>settler>settler>slinger in my B1
I opened with 3 campus
was able to discount gov plaza + 2 commercial zone early
when I saw 4 CS very early + an early envoy from a tribal village I decided to open with Amani first to rotate CS... then when I saw military advantage to other AI civ I go early war on Pericles and then tamar and finally polland... I believe I conquered those 3 empire by turn 65-75 then I decided to pause and let other civ survived... till I change my mind and go for germany (they had 3 cities around t100-110 with 3 campus) I think I only built 1 or 2 unit myself during the whole game...

- What were key production/purchase focuses?
I really rushed industrialization... going for Free Inquiry for the first 2 areas, get a 50% on almost everything till Industrialization
civic I rushed a goverment (classic republic) then go to written history to boost campus and then feodality to get extra charge on builder
I believe I made a good job to achieve this early (Indus T92-93)
then I developed my cities and my empire to go chemistry and then space port..

- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
I really enjoyed this first game in vanilla as I seen a lot of new things and a lot of surprises... most of the time when I saw a difference with BBG I decided to go for it, as most of the time it might have been updated by BBG as it was considered as "broken" by online community so I had to get advantage from it... And actually I enjoyed it as I feel overpowered sometimes
however when I got Indus, it was for me my turning point: I started making a lot of "mistake" and I realized some decision were not really accurate because of some key changes in the game (from my perspective)
made some mistakes on estimating governor promotion I need to get Magnus with verticalization... basically I ended building casa de consentracion for almost nothing... lost of prod + it delayed space project by 2-3
+ when I realized the bonus was not that useful compared to Pingala +30% project... in online game speed adding +6 +8 prod is very good but when you add same bonus with a production cost which increase from 600 to 1000 then you realized %prod is much better
In the late game I was not really prepared with Space race I had in mind to built my strategy on builder charge to boost production... it was my plan to do it in 5-6 cities with good production... but it actually consume all the builder for low production boost... I should have just prepared some chop to in lot more city and would have had much more better result
overall I believe I would have save a lot of turn if I knew better end game mechanics... but still was a really fun experience

the only thing I found meh was barbarian and game difficulty... In prince AI get destroyed by barbs and are not able to develop properly... I found 2 settlers owned by barbarian + a couple of builder
Suleiman that I never disturbed during the entire game was not having better unit than horseman when they seen big metal box flying and reaching the stars

victory154_turn175.png

cap ended with 263 PROD
victory154_prod.png

Attachments

• MATTHIAS CORVIN 175 1140 ap. J.-C..Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom