6otM181 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM181 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses?
Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the map affect your gameplay?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

If this is a replay, please indicate 'REPLAY' at the top of your post. If you conduct regular restarts, please indicate 'RELOADS' at the top of your post. More posting helps us all get play better as we understand the methods of others, but want to clearly distinguish between a first run through without reloads and other submissions as it is much harder to recover in game from the mistakes we all make.

SV turn 245 (more a domination victory, actually)

Playing the Aztecs and with secret societies enabled, joining the sanguine pact and becoming a warmonger seemed
to be the obvious choice.

After a brief initial skirmish with America, I attacked and conquered England (all of their two cities) then turned back on
America and got two more cities (which was the toughest battle in this game, due to their home continent bonus and the
Eagle warriors already becoming outdated), then turned to Germany, then Canada, ...
With Aztec vampires getting stronger in every fight _and_ by getting access to more and more luxuries, my army
snowballed really quick; I could not find a point to stop and figured I could just as well go for world domination.

But, as the task was to win a science victory, I spared the very last city and finished those space projects instead :)

Was a nice all-out war game, and fun playing with those vampires - thanks!

Attachments

• 6oTM181.SV245.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 6oTM181.SV245.png
    6oTM181.SV245.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
SV 269

I've never actually tried secret societies before so needed a bit of research before starting. Opening strat was to spam eagle warriors and pick some fights. Quickly took England in the north but as that was wrapping up the AI of America and Germany launched an impressive surprise attack that led to a decent battle and lots of free workers. After that war, I played somewhat - ended up getting Etenmenaki for some nice science in capital. Got caught up in some vanity projects trying to get some sexy yields that probably cost some turn - ended up with a 32 pop capital.

Overall, really fun game - thanks!

Attachments

• 181-win.png
    181-win.png
    15 MB · Views: 36
  • AutoSave_0270.Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Science Victory Turn 241 Score 1688

Peaceful game

Attachments

• 6otM181 Sci Vic T241 S1688.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
165 SV

Spoiler t165 :
20240510155351_1.jpg

Montezuma is one of my all-time favourite leaders - I have wanted to play a science game with him for years, but since I only play Civ6 during GotM games, I never got the chance until today!

In the early game Eagle Warriors are absolutely unbeatable, you essentialy make the AI play on Deity against you (as your 28 strength warriors have 4 strength advantage instead of -4 disadvantage). And on top of that, you can easlly capture half a dozen free builders during your conquest. Then comes the expedited district building, which stays relevant throughout the entire game and makes buying Spaceports much cheaper than with Reyna/Moksha. The Amenity bonus is super fun, as it feels extremely rewarding to know that each new improved Luxury makes your conquest easier.

In the game, I have started my conquest with America, but quickly turned around to get England as the terrain was merciless. After that I went counterclockwise and killed off Canada, Germany, Spain and America. Then went straight for the Netherlands and ultimately France, pillaging everything on my way and funding my empire. Got to Rocketry at t148, after which I messed up a bit with Science overflow management, which costed me two turns.

No joint wars or city trading (pillage farming) exploits were used.

I really enjoy these games and appreciate all the hard work from the GotM team. A bit sad to hear that there might by only one game per month now, but on the other hand I fully understand that after running these for 8 years non-stop, it must be pretty exhausting.
Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom