1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM23 After Action

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Arnold_T

Arnold_T Chieftain

Finally finished at turn 173. score 620.

Not much to add to my opening action post. just a long slog through the rest of the capitals, slowed by being behind in research vs. Gilga and Tomyris. Plus Tomyris was tough near the end with her Cavalry and +10 buff for Defenders of the Faith.
    Lost one of my Seige Towers, had to swing the other one over from St. petersburgh to finish her off with Tanks and Seige Towers. Kinda weird isn't it? (Seige towers making Tanks so much better?!?)

Fun game. Thanks Lief!

Attached Files:

2. nufro

nufro Chieftain

T173 DV

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
    Settled about 10, captured about 30. Empire score 752, Crucially, captured a settler from Philip early on.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    Military, gold, some science. Had to research Bronze Working for Encampment without a boost. Built Encampment, then Campus.

- Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?
    Gorgo and China. Gorgo never gives up and Chinese new capital was blocking my way north.

- What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?
    Slingers to archers to X-bow to field cannons; warriors to legions to musket to inf; chars to knights to tanks; horsemen to cavalry

- What was your most useful unit?
    Initially, archers and x-bows with knights, later cavalry

- Was diplomacy useful? How?
    The only spy I had failed to steal money, that was that.

- Were City-States helpful?
    Tremendously. Stockholm made my science, Kabul made my promos once I liberated it and Jakarta made my economy later in the game.

- What was your strategy, what order did you take your opponents out in?
    Philip - Gorgo - Harald - Gilgamesh - Tomyris - Peter - Barbarossa

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    Gilgamesh had conquered Aachen and I thought I would win once I have all the rest of the capitals. Nope, had to go back and take Aachen as well. Lesson learned.
    Also, Gilgamesh was 10 techs ahead of me when I hit him the 1st time. He had muskets vs. my knights and x-bows.. It was a long and bloody fight, roman forts helped.

- Did you enjoy the game?
    Good game, thanks!

Attached Files:

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.