6otM92 After Action

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Welcome to the 6otM 90 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game

Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle?
- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
- Did you bother with Religion?
- How did you Crush your enemies?
- Were City-States helpful?
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

- Did you enjoy the game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

DomV T120

One of the best starting location I played..
I hard-built the Apadana and then 6 other wonders in the capital (I chopped a bit for Machu Picchu and Kilwa Kisiwani).
I finished with 65+ production in the capital without Industrialization / Steel / IZ / Trade routes.
The plan was to get a lot of envoys from the Apadana and wonders and mass levy on the other continent..
However, Suleiman had already conquered the strategic city-states on his continent and had walls up. So this slowed things down a bit for me since I had a relatively small standing army.

I build Stonehenge on T87 :crazyeye:

Ended up suzerain of all city-states left except one.

Spain plopped down a city just before I took Madrid. So I didn't technically sweep my home continent. This however allowed me to declare a Holy War later against Spain and get the inspiration for Nationalism.

Attachments

• SHAKA 120 100 AD.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
  • Civ6Screen0008.jpg
    Civ6Screen0008.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Civ6Screen0009.jpg
    Civ6Screen0009.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 222
Domination Victory Turn 185, Score 1792

not many, about 6 I think. Settled in place, initially spread out from there, filled in the rest of the map with another 32 cities captured from my enemies.

The Civics for Corpse and Armies, Mercenaries mainly.
Science: Iron working for swordsmen, and then Feudalism for knights and Gunpowder for Musketmen.

Yes. It provided me with a lot of faith for buying builders and a few extra troops along the way.

Bunch of Warriors headed for Paris as the french were uppity. Then south for Sweden as she was snotty with me. Spain was all "you are nasty heretics" so my swordsmen cut him badly. Then I got to Mercenaries and my troops upgraded to corpse going south and east, their strength just snowballed.

They gave me plenty of their usual benefits, but I never used their troops.

the large map took ages to get around, Rome as a civ on it's own continent I only got to by working westwards, my lone watery scout going east missed their land
Bloody barbarian camp on the large isle on the western sea generated an unbelievable number of Quads. Eventully I got boudacea close to capture it after 3 failed attempts when instantly spawning ships sent her home.

yes, very much so. It was an awesome starting location, very powerful.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0186.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 179
Well, at least my fleet got to capture one city. Couldn't at least Uruk have been coastal! Sigh. Turn 155 DomV.

I think I'm too tentative, waiting until I have overwhelming force to launch my assaults. I slowly wiggled my way north towards Uruk, when I probably should have just plowed my way there. I took Hattusa in a 2 turn war to use as a staging ground, Faith-bought a bunch of Bombards, missed by 3 Garrison health finishing a Turn earlier. The City-States on Rome's continent were feeble, not enough to levy my way to victory there.

Built/Faith-bought 3 Settlers, captured a few, conquered and Loyalty-flipped a bunch of cities. Would you just look at that Holy site and Campus placement in Uruk? Stupid Sumerians.

Thank you kindly for the game.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-8-6_0-37-17.png

Attachments

• SHAKA 155 880 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 152
Domination victory turn 135

Very good starting location, focus on producing units for agoge and also building som spearmens for impis. First army sent towards France, Sweden, Japan taking them out in that order. Building another army and beelining Cartography and also getting some naval forces into action (caravels by far the most useful naval unit). The west army vapourized Spaing and had to wait 5-10 turns before it could set sail towards the other continent. The east army crossed the sea and took out Rome. The west army, improved with som faith bought cavallery corps eliminated Gilgabro, the rapidly conquered the capitals of Suleiman and Mansa, The Maori capital was captured by Caravel.

Used Warlords Throne but after about turn 100 the production did not mattter at all, the Zulu ability to get corps from conquering cities is really strong and keep loss of units at a minumum.

Thanks for the game.
Win GoTM 92.png

Attachments

• SHAKA 135 475 AD GoTM 92 Win.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 162
Dom Vic t178 1170AD (Score 1336)
I didn't find Rome until late, and at least 20 t lost just migrating units. Too much navy for the usage. I guess I should have done more scouting. I could have/should have won by t150 if I'd moved east after taking Japan. I can't explain why I failed to do that... too focused on getting to the south and west asap.:nono:

Attachments

• SHAKA t178 1170 AD dom s1336.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 134
Domination Victory turn 212, score 2081. I don't care for domination game and hate large and huge maps, so this was not a fun game for me.

Attachments

• 6otM92_Dom_Vic_T212_S2081.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 144
I didn't went for fast domination, I wanted just experiment with big number of cities, 15 at t100 was not satisfying, so i went for total t50 ater taking final capital of Gilgamesh. Cahokia + ammenity religion and it occurs I can do well

I didn't even beeline cartography to cross waters :) t120? or so? for sure after t110

Do you also have a habit to mindlessly declare friendship with Sumeria anytime you meet them?
I have :D so some more turns than really needed

Anyway t187, pretty late, but it was meant to be my experimental game, as I avoid pure domination games and played Zulu for the 2nd time in history

Coreland
Spoiler :

zulucore.png

t187 victory for 2312 points

Attachments

• SHAKA 187 1260 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 140
Domination Victory - Turn 146

Yes, very much. And finally managed to finish a game :)

Attachments

• 6otM92 - Turn 146.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • 20200808213812_1.jpg
    20200808213812_1.jpg
    762.8 KB · Views: 159
Domination Victory - Turn 160

After finishing Cartography around Turn 110 and conquering the capitals on my home continent I moved towards West and found Kupe's capital quickly. It was easily conquered without City Walls. After that I moved on to the West to find Sumeria and I also sent a small exhibition to the East where I discovered Rome. Both had Encampments build in several cities but no city walls so capturing them was easy. Meanwhile I had my first Knight Corps on line and also had upgraded most of my Horsemen to Coursers. Suleiman proved most difficult to conquer because he had City Walls in all his cities and it took some time and conquering to find the capital. It was only when I had conquered his capital that I found Mansa as well who only had his capital left.

The Corps and Armies bonus for Zulu proved very useful in this game as I always had the upper hand in the wars. Noone had anything to counter my attacks. I built some crossbowmen and bombards but the didn't prove to be useful since they were so slow to keep up with my riding armies. I enjoyed the game!

Attachments

• SHAKA 160 980 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 136
T106 DV
Settled 5. Built 3 settlers, captured 1 each from Japan and Maori.
Techs: BW, HBR, Construction (for Terracotta), Cartography, Castles, Printing.
Civics: Pol Phil, Mil Trad, Rec Hist, Mercenaries, Div Right, Exploration
- Did you bother with Religion? I captured a few HS's from Spain/France/Sweden which gave me a GP around T80. Went with Work Ethic and World Church.
1st army: 5 horses, 2 warriors, GG-->France, Sweden, Japan-->split to Rome and Mali
2nd army: 3 horses, warrior, slinger-->Spain-->(+2 galleys, GG) Maori, Turkey
3rd army: captured Gilgabro's coastal city with a caravel, bought 3 swordsman w/ gold to take his cap
- Were City-States helpful? Somehow got a first-meet with Geneva--helped a ton with my early game science, which was lacking. Nan Madol gave a big culture boost
Phillip was a bro and built me a harbor in Madrid.
Got lucky that Mali's capital was only 15 CS when I met him. Allowed me to split my main army.
Great that Turkey and Sumeria had coastal cities.
Was surprised how great Ik-Kil was. Very strong when used with Magnus.
Very much. Awesome seed. Enjoyed the strength of the Zulu encampment. Its cheap cost makes it easy to discount other districts. I built 2 Ikanda's, then a discounted GP, then 2 discounted campuses.

Attachments

• GotM92 T106 DV.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    3.7 MB · Views: 190
  • Screenshot (56).png
    Screenshot (56).png
    4.2 MB · Views: 199
  • GotM92 turn detail.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 148

Domination - Turn 188, 1270 AD, Score 2266
Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle? 13, Faith was great for expanding into new amenities.
- What did you prioritize for research and policies? - Faith, Mercs, and early war stuff
- Did you bother with Religion? Yes, used it the whole game. Yes, I went with Goddess of Festivals (+1 culture on Plantations) early and then Work Ethic and Tithe. Didn't spend a lot of time converting cities though.
- How did you Crush your enemies? - Overwhelming force of Impi's and Horsemen, that got upgraded as I went. Got into faith buying units when I captured and faith bought all the settlers and builders.
- Were City-States helpful? Yes, Geneva for Science, even without the bonus, and Cahokia was really important for a ton of gold an amenities.
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? France attacked early, I levied Geneva and killed her.

- Did you enjoy the game? Yes, haven't played them before so using the Ikanda's alot for housing and Production meant alot.

Attachments

• SHAKA 189 1280 AD-Fin.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 130
DomV 138

Spoiler T138 :

20200827170916_1.jpg

Felt like going for a quick game, and fortunately I manged to beat it in about 3 hours. Thanks for the game :)

Attachments

• SHAKA 138 540 AD.Civ6Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 135
Dom 294 2661
How many cities did you settle? Nine
- What did you prioritize for research and policies? Military upgrades and corps/armies
- Did you bother with Religion? Yes I like buying my military with faith.
- How did you Crush your enemies? France,Spain,Sweden,Japan he had some walls,Rome,Sumeria,Ottomans he has Mali's capital which I didn't notice for a turn.
- Were City-States helpful? Not really but that's my fault for not levying them.
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? No.

- Did you enjoy the game?Yes.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0295.Civ6Save
    2.6 MB · Views: 153
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.

Top Bottom