6toM162 AAR

I made one more try, this time focusing on military and managed a turn 118 domination victory. Map knowledge was a big factor for this try. A combination of levied troops and lots of galleys is what it took.

Attachments

• Dom SALADIN (SULTAN) 118 50 AD.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Domination Victory T 325 Score 3208.
Planning - None, other than to have fun, and yes I did.
Very interesting Map

Surprises, yes, had a dark age, missed by one point, and realised that we were playing dramatic, should have read the pre game info.

163 is Deity, so a solid challenge, as I am just progressing to immortal. Plan - stay alive.

Attachments

• Ferenginar DV 325 1904 AD.Civ6Save
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
Domination Victory, Turn 275

First domination victory ever! What did I learn? That I need better planning and to be more intentional. This was my first victory with Arabia and must say, I really enjoyed playing with their civ!

Getting the Golden age every age was quite beneficial as was the ability to purchase so many units with faith. I've got to take notes in the future if I'm going to write any kind of real AAR. Biggest frustration was working my way around the map and finding all the other civs. A lost opportunity was I didn't even think about Levying military of city states to handle any of this work for me. Bombers, Tanks, and Aircraft Carriers, if needed, made Domination easy. Definitely need to develop skills to get quicker. I went with Vampires for secret society. Definitely fun to use but, unless I'm doing something wrong, they move so slowly on land! Mamluks seemed to leave them behind at times.

Finally, I earned multiple achievements during this game. A lot of fun all in all but I would have felt better to have accomplished it in a much shorter time period.

Really appreciate the effort in setting these games up! It was a lot of fun!

-D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 234606.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 234606.png
    159 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2023-07-22 231450.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 231450.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2023-07-22 231531.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-22 231531.png
    52 KB · Views: 17
  • 6otM162_SALADIN 275 1808 AD.Civ6Save
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

T166 SV (accidently hit end turn when trying to clear up troops after...gets me in trouble often)

Fun game - started with cap on only industry site as I wanted the early pantheon but to work a better tile. Took the bonus of faith/prod to strategics as I'd revealed plenty of horses and wanted the boost - Religion hard built on a HS with Stonehenge held at one turn to get a free prophet the next turn - Culture from buildings, Money for each city to pay for my future army, and Zeal to allow my units to ignore terrain as the map was big.

Gov - Magnus for lots of early chops in my core cities (settled 4) as I moved him around. Pingala in the cap for the yields and double points for GPP, especially generals as I built HS then immediately Encampment with spots open for Terracotta Army and Alhambra. IZ was 3rd and had a spot for Ruhr, though it was just something to do late game while my army slowly crawled the seas. Amani got my Auckland when it spawned. Reyna provided some extra gold. Victor was placed to faith buy troops with a promo on the front lines as needed.

Strat: High faith that provided all the other requirements by going Voidsingers with plan to faith buy troops after second government unlocked. I built gov plaza and the 20% production upgrade to lock in Classical Republic card so i could switch to Oligarchy when war began. Beelined towards Mamluk unit and built a ton of heavy chariots to be ready for upgrades. Oracle in cap to push for great general with Pingala.

Play: Barb boats heavy so I avoided seas. Thought America was reachable south of the CS so all troops went right along with levied Bologna units to wipe out the civs on that side - kept funneling troops that way thinking they would catch up and upgrade to take over from CS as it swept back across the south - OOPS - found out too late that passage was blocked and lost a bunch of turns moving them back around. Built second army by then to head to Abe and old army went west as I finally met Shaka. Army was mostly Mamluk's and a melle unit for slamming walls - great generals kept everyone moving. Abe troops went north for Mali along with other units from corp cities that were prayed into existence, including a bombard which got to corp and get a ballon just in time to melt his walls. Shaka troops headed to Germany as finally met him while invading. Met England as I took out Germany and kept them rolling forward to her wall-free cities. Mostly focused on tech to make troops faster in water but still felt slow. Razed most cities as they were crap, only kept for unique luxury or needed strategic. Abe managed to stay friendly till I killed him for trading and helped fund wars on Kongo/France and the army that killed him. So many City-States and I could get most of their quests finished along with lots of bonus envoys with the card. Late Kilwa helped all cities as I had 2 or more of every type, though the armies were long in motion by then, but it let me faith buy units to corp with veterans along with tons of builders.

Definitely could finish much faster knowing where everyone is - distance is the limiting factor as it is Prince. Core wonders of Stonehenge/Oracle/Colosseum/Terracotta as planned - others were bonus as cities were bored and didn't need MORE troops. I remembered to keep a slinger that I got to level 2 (then 3 with Terra) for the airlift achievement - but won too fast - Might try playing a few turns and build 2 airports to get out of the way... finally. Not positive it counts post-win but have a save the turn before final cap capture if I need it. Thanks again for fun and interesting games. I managed to focus much better on not building extra stuff but neglected to explore seas enough to get better intel for troop direction.

Spoiler Final +1 :
Saladin_WinT166.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom