(7-VT) Archery Units rework pt.2 "Add Interception Line promos"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yngwie

Chieftain
Problem:
Fusilier / Rifleman / Infantry / Mechanized Infantry have Inreception Line available, though they only use simple rifles etc. that cannot really harm planes.
Gatling gun / Machine gun / Bazooka don't have same line, though they have weapons that definitely more effective against planes.

Proposal: Add Interception promotion line to Gatling gun / Machine gun / Bazooka

Rationale: Gatling gun / Machine gun / Bazooka already a very defensive Units that should have access to such defensive promotions as interception. Plus they simply better suit to the role of potential aerial threat. Moreover, ranged Units have less promos to choose than melee/gun Units.

None of the units you stated can intercept.

None of the units you stated can intercept.
Spoiler :
Sid Meier's Civilization V Screenshot 2024.03.12 - 21.20.43.13.png

Actually the have access to interceptor promo, no?

Interceptor promotion requires an interception range, which none of those units have.

Interceptor promotion requires an interception range, which none of those units have.
So, than it's a visual bug or smth? I really have never picked them anyway, so i didn't know they are not workable.

For god's sake, this is yet another case of people misinterpreting the Promotion Tree modmod that I heavily despise because of how it misrepresents the promotion system.
Can we please remove that modmod from the VP installation package? I might have to propose this.

Actually the have access to interceptor promo, no?
The Interceptor promotions on gunpowder units are meant for AA infantry units (Anti-Aircraft Gun and Mobile SAM), since they don't have a separate unit class; Firaxis bundled them together with regular gunpowder units. From the PromotionUtils.lua file, line 124:

elseif (typeOfUnit == 4) then -- AA-Units: since these don't have UnitCombats for Gun units we need to add them individually or else they'll get chosen multiple times and as primaries

Non-AA gunpowder units can't pick the Interceptor promotions.

The Interceptor promotions on gunpowder units are meant for AA infantry units (Anti-Aircraft Gun and Mobile SAM), since they don't have a separate unit class; Firaxis bundled them together with regular gunpowder units. From the PromotionUtils.lua file, line 124:

elseif (typeOfUnit == 4) then -- AA-Units: since these don't have UnitCombats for Gun units we need to add them individually or else they'll get chosen multiple times and as primaries

Non-AA gunpowder units can't pick the Interceptor promotions.
So it sounds like this proposal is techincal unfeasible from this note if I understood correctly.

This proposal's premise is wrong (problem is non-existent); should be vetoed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom