• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

A-10 Thunderbolt

Hell, they even landed and fly a C-130 from a carrier, but this is not standard practice :)

I think one of the biggest problems is durability. Planes operating from carries take more of a pounding than other planes. The undercarriage must be pretty strong.

I'm sure the A-10 could do it though, they've been known to be hit with anti-air fire and still fly back with one wing and one engine. no kidding... It has happened...

Anyone ever see one for real? I saw one at the annual EAA here in Wisconsin... I also saw a concord, its frigg'n huge... I'm surprised how small the A-10 really is, I was even more surprised to see just how big the Turbofans are... all I can say is holy crapola... such a small jet, HUGE engines... The gatling gun was awesome to see... I want one...

One engine - yes.

One wing - uh, NO.

Best you'll get is one of the vertical stabilizers shot away. It can fly without one of those (not very damn well). It can NOT fly with one wing.

Venger

if the lose the wing and engine from oposite sides and have all of their stabalizers they can do to the fact that the engine is bigger than the paln body is be cranking it up but they try not to its not at all safe or practiced the tend to ditch it and call for the helicoper

one engine: yes
one wing: yes

a square block of steel is capable of flying if given enough thrust, regardless of lift. look at the gruman F-14, with the wings retracted for supersonic speed, it cannot fly at slower speeds, proof that if given enough power, any object can fly regardless of lift, if the f-14 tried to fly supersonic with the forward wing position, it would tear apart...

It has happened to an A-10 during the first gulf war... it was designed to do this, the big engines are there not just to carry a large payload... like a ground support plane won't be shot at...

p.s. the space shuttle is another example, cannot fly without huge engines, glide yes, but not truely fly without boosters

Sadly they're getting replaced by the new Joint Strike Fighter :(.

Hmm why the links are in civ4 modern units database?

My god, this unit is 3 years old. I think the creator got enough praise. And the unit is probably in the Civ 4 database because people have been so busy uploading units to it that they accidently put it in the Civ 4 units.

Well DragonBird didn't bump it, and asioasioasio had a reason to state it.

I didn't say it wasn't a worthy bumb, what I was saying that it's 3 years old and it doesn't need to have "Good Job!" replied to it, since it's a 3 year old unit.

If DragonBird didn't bump it, he can say anything he wants within the forum rules.

I guess, but why are we wasting time arguing about this. I'm stopping now.

What! I didnt mean to, I mean it was on the front page! PLEASE, I SWEAR!!! Besides Were making it worse by argueing on this thread(wanna go to another one?)!

If a unit is in the wrong category in the file database, you should say so by leaving a comment in the database, not by making a post in the thread that the file database links to.

And please don't spam any thread, either this one or another.

Top Bottom