A balloon

The unit is apperently not set up to with an alpha property.
I encountered the same problem on a unit I was making once.
It can be fixed in the nifviewer.

I'd guess airship. BtW great unit :clap: don't mind if i do, for a civil war reconnaissance balloon. And of course give you credit.

I have merged the Khaki and Rainbow-Striped skins for this unit into a single custom skin. This gets the nicer red wood (cherry?) basket texture, and the light blue gas heater texture, from the Rainbow version with the khaki balloon, which is the one I prefer.

It also mostly fixes some white graphical glitchiness on the outside of the basket when zooming out in-game, though I couldn't fix this completely.

DOWNLOAD LINK

it would be cool if someone modded in an 'Around the world in 80 days' challenge when you first build the balloon unit hehe

This would be a fair amount of work (especially teaching the AIs to do it) for very little point. You'd have to have or provide a balloon that acted like a helicopter instead of an air unit (but could fly over ocean)... then it'd be a simple matter of flying in a straight horizontal line til you got back to the longitude you started at. Which means it'd usually be completed by whoever first got to the tech that unlocks balloon units, which means you could just add whatever reward you had in mind to the tech itself and get the same result pretty much.

I mean, I see where you're coming from, in principle it sounds like a cool thing to do, but I'm just not sure there's a good reason to do it gameplay-wise.

Top Bottom