A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Your right for domination or diplomacy it should be required.

I would like to do something like: KL required for domination victory --> declaring war to KL ---> some major will declare war on you to defend the Crown, some other ones will declare war with you against the Crown.

So how's the mod coming along. What's the release date looking like?

Im currently busy with University, however I have worked on the mod, precisely I have spent a lot of time on the Map, making it plot by plot cause Im a mad perfectionist (it's actually almost finished). For example, in the pic you can see the "Dornish Marches" as none has never realized (the maps that you can find on the net are simply a spam of hills). I have recreated the "Prince's Pass" ( from Nightsong to Skyreach ) , the Boneway ( the road to Yronwood Castle) and the alternative passes protected by House Dayne (Starfall) and House Blackmont.

Spoiler :

That looks awesome. What do you estimate the release date would be?

By the way, hopefully their wont be too much punishment for sacking City-States

Great map!
Will you do the map like the seven kingdoms and not only a city in the start?
And why I can see more civs than you released in the map?

Im wondering if this mod is active, not a lot of asoiaf in civ makes great success in civilization but im still crossing my finger on this one. I also hoped you'll make scenarios based on before/after renly's death, both significantly changed the political map of westeros.

It really kills the role when i play other asoiaf mod with few cities/castles (preferably also that castle shouldn't grew overly big which is quiet annoying, like seeing the metropolis of dragonstone bigger than KL) placed on the right position. And Volantis should be a nation rather than a citystate, since it control large portion of land in its surrounding and "towns" that are bigger than cities in westeros.

Yeah I hope it's still being developed as well because I'm running out of ideas to keep Civ interesting and this a total conversion that I'm actually interested in. It also would satiate my hunger for more game of thrones.

By the way Essos isn't going to be in the initial mod if it ever comes.

Yeah I hope it's still being developed as well because I'm running out of ideas to keep Civ interesting and this a total conversion that I'm actually interested in. It also would satiate my hunger for more game of thrones.

By the way Essos isn't going to be in the initial mod if it ever comes.

Ohhh that's a shame, but Essos isn't that big in the storyline anyway apart making the world seems more interesting (after reading the world of ice and fire i grew quiet fond of the city states). Im still hoping to see the Targaryen faction invading westeros though, with/without Essos but whether Dany/Aegon should be considered as 1 faction is yet to be seen.

Ohhh that's a shame, but Essos isn't that big in the storyline anyway apart making the world seems more interesting (after reading the world of ice and fire i grew quiet fond of the city states). Im still hoping to see the Targaryen faction invading westeros though, with/without Essos but whether Dany/Aegon should be considered as 1 faction is yet to be seen.

The initial goal of the mod was to recreate the war of the 5 kings. Basically everything going on immediately following the end of season 1 of the TV series.

After that I believed he had plans to expand it with a Roberts Rebellion scenario and or the Essos side of things.

It was good idea and concept to make the world in iterations. That way every civ gets a fair focus. I was thinking it would be difficult to pull off most of Essos since most are city states. So each civ would have to be a city state on steroids like Venice in the actual game. Also creating a Targaryen civ that recreates the experience of Dany would be hard too. Like no settlers and what would the capital be? Where on Essos would they say she started. That sort of thing.

The initial goal of the mod was to recreate the war of the 5 kings. Basically everything going on immediately following the end of season 1 of the TV series.

After that I believed he had plans to expand it with a Roberts Rebellion scenario and or the Essos side of things.

It was good idea and concept to make the world in iterations. That way every civ gets a fair focus. I was thinking it would be difficult to pull off most of Essos since most are city states. So each civ would have to be a city state on steroids like Venice in the actual game. Also creating a Targaryen civ that recreates the experience of Dany would be hard too. Like no settlers and what would the capital be? Where on Essos would they say she started. That sort of thing.

Well without Settlers, she could probably with a huge army and given a choice whether to stay in Slaver bay and capture Meereen or move directly to Westeros which is her target. For example if she stay in Meereen that would gave her war with the city states surrounding it but if she decide to go straight for Westeros that means she joined arm with Golden Company. And to be fair the games of throne wouldn't be complete without the winning major house of westeros crushing her rising army and dragons in the east.

Spoiler :
Also she might start up trying to punish Volantis (which is also filled with slaves supporting her and if she manage to convince the Kalashar to support her againts her enemy) for their defiance and war againts her Meereen, beside she need ships to go to Westeros and reclaim her throne. Since winds of winter haven't show up we can only speculate :crazyeye:

I like the war of the 5 king scenario, but knowing the war didn't last very long might as well create another scenario dedicated to the coming events in the book.

Hows everything goin' on the mod? Still totally hyped for this.

Very few mods work in multiplayer. AFAIK, only mods that are installed as DLC can be used in multiplayer, so I really doubt this will.

Here's hoping this isn't dead, notice OP hasn't posted in a few months.

I'm sure that Jamforce (the creator of this mod) still working on that, and I have a proof. A month or two ago, Jamforce started a thread and there he asked for help doing The Wall. If he didn't despair, he's still working on that but not posting here.
This is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538390

The mod looks great ! Though i think you could add the Free Cities and other locations in Essos AT LEAST as City States.

Man this mod looks so cool.I am a huge game of thrones fan,i am sure all of you are too.I would really like to know if you are done with this mod.

Top Bottom