A distinct combo

MrL567

Warlord
Playing a new game of this mod as napolean, I found a very powerful combo, that while Very hard to get because it depends on wonders, it's very neat. You need to be near desert so the Petra can be built. What happened was I build the rice terrace wonder, Petra, and the Lalibelan church wonder. The effect is very powerful. Because of the many hills around me, all got 1 food and 1 faith. The best part was because I had quite a bit of desert. The Petra made a few of those desert tiles into supertitles with production,food,and faith on them. I believe this is a perfect example of opertunity be ause it shows how sometimes, you get a chance to pull something like this off in this mod.

Yes. This is too overpowered...

If you start with babylon or arabia, you get the desert start bias.

No, is not overpowered. It depends on three wonders to actually be powerful. You risk a Ai building one of the wonders.

I play on Deity and I can consistently build all three if I wanted to.

Terrace is harder to get because it is the first on the chain (even then, I only fail maybe 10% of the time), but once you get it, your city will be so powerful that the next two will take <10 turns to build.

In case you want to supplement your production for wonderbuilding, take the honor tree first and settle the great general. The 3 production from the citadel helps greatly. The 3 science also helps a bit.

Just for reference, AIs have the same wonder production bonus on Deity as Prince, so difficulty level does not really determine our likelihood of getting wonders. AIs do however get slightly higher bonuses for their capital on higher difficulties, which can be a factor in whatever they do.

If I am not mistaken, AIs have a tech advantage on deity. Its not unreasonable for them to reach the classical era 10 turns into the game, when I only have researched 2 techs.

The current AIs love to build Temple of Artemis, Pyramids, and Flavian Amphitheatre.

It makes me feel like the AI beelines for the Flavian Amphitheatre for some reason. It:s often built before any ancient era wonders.

If I am not mistaken, AIs have a tech advantage on deity. Its not unreasonable for them to reach the classical era 10 turns into the game, when I only have researched 2 techs.

In my experience, this is true for one or two AIs, while the rest of the AIs will be keeping pace with me or slightly behind me. This is on King difficulty.

The current AIs love to build Temple of Artemis, Pyramids, and Flavian Amphitheatre.

It makes me feel like the AI beelines for the Flavian Amphitheatre for some reason. It:s often built before any ancient era wonders.

I can confirm this, in almost every game I've played in the last couple patches the Flavian Ampitheater is often the first Wonder to be built. Pyramids are a close second.

I've usually had no trouble at all beating the AI to the Temple of Artemis, even if I don't go for Archery first.

Top Bottom