A fun little bullet hell game: Vampire Survivors

sherbz

Deity

Thought id share a fun little game thats on Steam in Early Access. Its a bullet hell game in the vein of Asteroid. Its less than £3 depending on your region - so very cheap. And its very well made. Extremely easy to just pick up and play. You dont "shoot" - you just move your guy around and they shoot automatically. And as you kill stuff and level up you increase the quality of your gear. You also collect coins which you then use in a shop after you die to give you permanent bonuses. So its a Rogue Lite in an arcade style format. And i think its really rather good. Your objective is to last the night - which is 30 minutes. So far ive got to 15 minutes. It gets pretty nutty later on the piece. As you can see from the screens below. But for £3 you honestly cant go wrong for a bit mindless fun.

I picked this up a few days ago and I'll definitely second the recommendation. It's a hell of a lot of fun for the price.

I've beaten the first two maps a few times (though I found the second easier than the first) but the third keeps getting me. I guess I need to get more metaprogression unlocks.

I picked this up a few days ago and I'll definitely second the recommendation. It's a hell of a lot of fun for the price.

I've beaten the first two maps a few times (though I found the second easier than the first) but the third keeps getting me. I guess I need to get more metaprogression unlocks.

Ive beaten the first map with the first 2 characters. Not tried the second map yet. Its actually possible to win by not moving at all. Which sort of blew my mind when i saw it :lol:

Yeah, I saw that that was a thing. Might give it a try at some point, but at the same time, it seems much less fun than just playing normally.

It's also supposedly possible to kill
Spoiler :
Death (who comes for you at 30 minutes)

but I believe it involves some degree of exploit with a hugely oversized Rune from one of the characters and not levelling above 2 until he spawns.

Yes I have read its possible. Not seen how its actually done though. I am guessing that you will need a maxed out Laurel and maxed out revive skill to complete that particular challenge

Top Bottom